Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Dead of Night (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/11260-dead-night.html)

SharonLynette 5th August 2013 02:09 PM

Dead of Night

I'm a huge fan of horror anthology TV series. For me there is nothing better than either that or a portmanteau on a cold October Sunday afternoon.

Dead of Night is one anthology series I haven't seen, well not much of. The Exorcism is on youtube, not officially mind. It ran for one series in 1972, 7 episodes were broadcast only 3 of these survive and in October a DVD with these 3 episodes will be released. The episodes are The Exorcism, Return Flight, A Woman Sobbing. It is currently available through Amazon for £13.20, yesterday it was £19.99. The same production team also did The Stone Tape which was supposed to be the eight episode in the Dead of Night series but wasn't broadcast as part of the series.

keirarts 5th August 2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 356637)
I'm a huge fan of horror anthology TV series. For me there is nothing better than either that or a portmanteau on a cold October Sunday afternoon.

Dead of Night is one anthology series I haven't seen, well not much of. The Exorcism is on youtube, not officially mind. It ran for one series in 1972, 7 episodes were broadcast only 3 of these survive and in October a DVD with these 3 episodes will be released. The episodes are The Exorcism, Return Flight, A Woman Sobbing. It is currently available through Amazon for £13.20, yesterday it was £19.99. The same production team also did The Stone Tape which was supposed to be the eight episode in the Dead of Night series but wasn't broadcast as part of the series.

sounds like one to pick up, i'll try checking out exorcism on youtube.

keirarts 5th August 2013 05:51 PM

Dead of Night - The Exorcism - YouTube

Just watched it, fantastic stuff. Epitomizes what was so good about these types of programmes in the seventies. Great script and acting to compensate for low budgets. Will look forward to seeing the rest!

Also I really want the suit Hyacinth bucket's husband is wearing!

Rondadoronron 5th August 2013 06:02 PM

Supernatural

1 Attachment(s)
While pre-ordering Dead Of Night I also saw this anyone seen it?

Quote:

SUPERNATURAL (2-DISC DVD)

Werewolves, vampires and ghosts haunt the living in this long-awaited double-disc presentation of the much sought-after BBC horror series Supernatural).

Originally broadcast on BBC 1 in 1977 and rarely seen since, this classic series ran for eight terrifying episodes. In each, a different prospective member of the Club of the Damned is required to tell a story that will chill the blood of the club's members, and their application for membership would be judged on how frightening the story was. Failure to induce terror in all who attend would lead to the death of the storyteller...

A timeless example of British Gothic horror at its best, Supernatural boasts a superb cast of acting talent, including Billie Whitelaw, Jeremy Brent, Robert Hardy, Gordon Jackson, Sinead Cusack, Denholm Elliott and Ian Hendry.

First ever DVD release of this much sought-after and highly acclaimed BBC TV series

Contents

Disc One
1. Ghosts of Venice with Robert Hardy and Sinead Cusack
2. Countess Ilona with Billie Whitelaw, Ian Hendry and Edward Hardwicke
3. The Werewolf Reunion with Billie Whitelaw, Ian Hendry and Edward Hardwicke
4. Mr Nightingale with Jeremy Brett and Lesley-Anne Down

Disc Two

5. Lady Sybil with Denholm Elliott
6. Viktoria with Catherine Schell and Judy Cornwell
7. Night of the Marionettes with Gordon Jackson, Kathleen Byron and Vladek Sheybal
8. Dorabella with Jeremy Clyde

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Supernatural is also going to be a MUST BUY.

SUPERNATURAL (2-DISC DVD)

Werewolves, vampires and ghosts haunt the living in this long-awaited double-disc presentation of the much sought-after BBC horror series Supernatural).

Originally broadcast on BBC 1 in 1977 and rarely seen since, this classic series ran for eight terrifying episodes. In each, a different prospective member of the Club of the Damned is required to tell a story that will chill the blood of the club's members, and their application for membership would be judged on how frightening the story was. Failure to induce terror in all who attend would lead to the death of the storyteller...

A timeless example of British Gothic horror at its best, Supernatural boasts a superb cast of acting talent, including Billie Whitelaw, Jeremy Brent, Robert Hardy, Gordon Jackson, Sinead Cusack, Denholm Elliott and Ian Hendry.

First ever DVD release of this much sought-after and highly acclaimed BBC TV series

Contents

Disc One

1. Ghosts of Venice with Robert Hardy and Sinead Cusack
2. Countess Ilona with Billie Whitelaw, Ian Hendry and Edward Hardwicke
3. The Werewolf Reunion with Billie Whitelaw, Ian Hendry and Edward Hardwicke
4. Mr Nightingale with Jeremy Brett and Lesley-Anne Down
Disc Two

5. Lady Sybil with Denholm Elliott
6. Viktoria with Catherine Schell and Judy Cornwell
7. Night of the Marionettes with Gordon Jackson, Kathleen Byron and Vladek Sheybal
8. Dorabella with Jeremy Clyde

keirarts 5th August 2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 356697)
While pre-ordering Dead Of Night I also saw this anyone seen it?

Shall look to buy this as well....

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 06:06 PM

Snap Ron. :lol:

Still, a fine post is always worth repeating. :cool:

Rondadoronron 5th August 2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 356702)
Snap Ron. :lol:

Still, a fine post is always worth repeating. :cool:

oh sugar pops,we must of posted the same time.kudos

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 356704)
oh sugar pops,we must of posted the same time.kudos

At least this way no one will miss it. :nod:

SharonLynette 5th August 2013 06:25 PM

I missed Supernatural, I only saw Dead of Night on Amazon the other day, I think it was a recommendation, I'd been looking for the series earlier in the year though so I was rather excited to see it! I had to search for Supernatural after Demdike sent me a message about it. I've pre-ordered it but I'm hoping it will go down but you never know with Amazon, it is more likely to go up! I'm annoyed they didn't suggest it. I blame them.