Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2015, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Found a app on the wii u called crunchyroll that has a tonne of anime. all the narutos, bleach, jojos bizarre adventure, Saint seiya, sword art online, hunter x hunter , fairy tale , one piece which all appear up to date and many more I have not heard of before

Anime watching at the moment

Jojos bizarre adventure
Full metal alchemist brotherhood
Space brothers.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:47 PM
Cult Addict

Been watching a few things the last few weeks.

Terra formars.

Genetically modified humans vs humanoid cockaroaches on mars. Has qualities of shows like GANTZ in an idea that is completely off the wall yet somehow works. Bloody and Bloody Amazing.

Strike the Blood.

A high school kid ends up becoming a super powered vampire on an island full of demons. Mixes in some Harem elements and nicks a lot from much better shows like full metal alchemist and Magical index. Still watchable however.

Tokyo ESP.

A 12 episode take on the superhero genre that is frankly quite brilliant and hopefully should get another series or continuation in some form or another. Someone is releasing glowing butterflys that turn people into espers. Some become evil, others good. So much is taken from super hero lore most comic fans will guess the twists, however its very well executed and animated.

Sword art online 2.

The first one was flawed but incredibly successful grounded by a great central idea. This show continues things and manages to keep up the momentum. It's not the bona fide classic some claim but a show worth watching.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 9th December 2018, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Is this really the only Anime thread on the forum

Keirarts, are you still doing Anime Sundays? Treb, what are you watching lately? Bought anything decent both you?

I've been taking advantage of the 'All the Anime' 12 days of Christmas daily sales but at the same time trying not to skint myself. I've bought Miss Hokusai CE, Blood Lad and today Cowboy Bebop (for £12.99)

Yesterday I finished my third re-watch of Kids on the Slope, one of my all time favourite series!

trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th December 2018, 06:25 PM
Cult Addict

Yes I have been neglecting shit lately. A mixture of work, health issues and free time has kept me away from the forums though I'm still trying to maintain a presence as best I can.

Recently I've been watching the 150+ episode fist of the north star series. A u.s blu ray has them all over 3 discs in SD. Still a landmark series for anime.

Gundam unicorn. Probably the most gorgeous looking gundam show I've seen and all on Netflix.

Goblin hunter. Decent and controversial fantasy show. Not as good as berserk but then what is?
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 9th December 2018, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Speaking on anime on Netflix. They’ve announced recently that they’ve just licensed the Evangelion series, which really is one of the best anime series ever, we have the DVD box set here but they’ll show it in HD
trebor8273 likes this.

Old 9th December 2018, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Speaking on anime on Netflix. They’ve announced recently that they’ve just licensed the Evangelion series, which really is one of the best anime series ever, we have the DVD box set here but they’ll show it in HD
There also doing a new ghost in shell series but I doubt it will be up there with the original series and movies.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Is this really the only Anime thread on the forum
I've been taking advantage of the 'All the Anime' 12 days of Christmas daily sales but at the same time trying not to skint myself. I've bought Miss Hokusai CE, Blood Lad and today Cowboy Bebop (for £12.99)
I've been keeping an eye on the offers but luckily only bought on 2 out of 8 days so far. I Picked up Samurai Flamenco parts 1 &2, Blood Lad, Full Metal Panic Season 1, Prison School collectors edition and the fan service bundle for Testament For Sister Devil and traded the ones i already had in the bundle (Yurikuma Arashi, No-Rin, High School Dxd and Daimidaler) to Cex for £64.

I also managed to pick up a few more anime sets from Music Magpie over the weekend for around £3-4 each including Kekko Kamen, Rosario + Vampire Capu and D.Grayman Seasons 1 & 2.

I normally watch a couple of anime series a month depending on the amount of episodes and am currently watching Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 6th January 2019, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran

I've re-activated my Crunchyroll account since it's a fiver a month and an anime series is generally £25+ to buy on disc.

I watched Orange last week which was an incredibley moving story about a group of friends meeting on the 10 year anniversary of the suicide of one of their high school friends. Jumps to just over 10 years previous and Naho receives a letter from her future self pointing out the things she should do differently to change the future!

I'm currently watching Durarara!!! although only 8 episodes in at the moment, another 17 to go (i don't usualy watch longer series) and I'm really enjoying it. I nearly decided against it after the first episode because there was too much going on with too many characters but it's avg score on MAL of 8.27 made me stick with it and I'm glad. Each episode after the first has concentrated on either a single character or smaller group so you can get to know them while having a story arc building in the background so at this point i'm totally intrigued!

Old 6th January 2019, 07:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I've re-activated my Crunchyroll account since it's a fiver a month and an anime series is generally £25+ to buy on disc.

I watched Orange last week which was an incredibley moving story about a group of friends meeting on the 10 year anniversary of the suicide of one of their high school friends. Jumps to just over 10 years previous and Naho receives a letter from her future self pointing out the things she should do differently to change the future!

I'm currently watching Durarara!!! although only 8 episodes in at the moment, another 17 to go (i don't usualy watch longer series) and I'm really enjoying it. I nearly decided against it after the first episode because there was too much going on with too many characters but it's avg score on MAL of 8.27 made me stick with it and I'm glad. Each episode after the first has concentrated on either a single character or smaller group so you can get to know them while having a story arc building in the background so at this point i'm totally intrigued!
If you've seen baccano keep an eye out. Characters from that make an appearance in durrara. It's set in the same universe. If you've not seen baccano you need to remedy that immediately.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 6th January 2019, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If you've seen baccano keep an eye out. Characters from that make an appearance in durrara. It's set in the same universe. If you've not seen baccano you need to remedy that immediately.

I read some forum posts about the current episode (that I’m up to) and they were all saying that 2 of the Baccano characters were in the background. I quickly looked it up and I’m going to watch it, it’s only a short series so I’ll watch it next before I watch season 2 of Durarara.

Like this? Share it using the links below!