Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Top of the Pops '80. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/12798-top-pops-80-a.html)

mr 420 29th January 2015 12:07 PM

Top of the Pops '80.

It's a new decade, but the same great music. Tonight's line-up consists of Sad Cafe, Positive Force, The Pretenders, Billy Preston and Syreeta, Dexys Midnight Runners and last, but not least, one of my favourite bands of all time - the mighty New Musik. It's worth watching for their performance alone.

It's on at the usual time at 7.30pm on BBC4, but I recommend the late night repeat at 1.15am for the full uncut version.

mr 420 19th February 2015 06:20 PM

An unmissable episode tonight. Apart from including The Specials with Too Much, Too Young and The Buggles with The Plastic Age, tonight's episode features one of the late Bon Scott's final tv appearances with AC/DC when they perform A Touch Too Much. Unfortunately he died just a few days later.

mr 420 8th March 2015 08:44 PM

Thursday's night upcoming episode is simply unmissable. A young British upstart band said that if they came on they would refuse to mime and would only play live if they were to appear. The band was Iron Maiden, the song was Running Free and the rest is history. :nod: :rockon:

Susan Foreman 11th March 2015 09:54 PM

Apparently The Ramones are on as well

mr 420 12th March 2015 11:19 PM

I hope you've all got BBC4 on, as Iron Maiden are about to come on. :rockon::rockon:

mr 420 19th March 2015 01:28 PM

Another quality episode tonight, featuring such delights as Liquid Gold (D-d-d-d-d-d-d-dizzy!), Stiff Little Fingers, Dave Edmunds, Marti Webb, Blondie, The Shadows, Elvis Costello, The Gibson Brothers, The Police and last, but not least a big favourite of mine back then, The Vapors with Turning Japanese.

Demoncrat 21st March 2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 440493)
Another quality episode tonight, featuring such delights as Liquid Gold (D-d-d-d-d-d-d-dizzy!), Stiff Little Fingers, Dave Edmunds, Marti Webb, Blondie, The Shadows, Elvis Costello, The Gibson Brothers, The Police and last, but not least a big favourite of mine back then, The Vapors with Turning Japanese.

Liquid Gold's drummer. :dizzy:

mr 420 26th March 2015 12:21 PM

A cracking episode tonight, consisting of such acts as Siouxsie And The Banshees, Secret Affair, Fern Kinney, The Vapors, The Gibson Brothers, The Dooleys, The Police, The Detroit Spinners ( singing Working My Way Back To You, I think?) and in a strange twist we have both Genesis and Peter Gabriel performing. I wonder if it was awkward in the green room?

mr 420 26th March 2015 12:24 PM

I've just realised that Peter Gabriel will be performing Games Without Frontiers. My favourite Gabriel song ever. You can't afford to miss this! :nod: :woot:

Make Them Die Slowly 26th March 2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 441578)
I've just realised that Peter Gabriel will be performing Games Without Frontiers. My favourite Gabriel song ever. You can't afford to miss this! :nod: :woot:

Oh yes I can.