Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Ash Vs. Evil Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13192-ash-vs-evil-dead.html)

gag 1st November 2015 11:31 AM

Ash Vs. Evil Dead

Well it finally got premiered last night.

Last night premiere was 40 mins but each one will be 30 min

Reviews are already in and a second series got the green light before the first series premiered.

"El Jefe" · Ash Vs. Evil Dead · TV Review · The A.V. Club

Ash vs Evil Dead Pilot Review: Constant Surprises Surpass All Expectations | Comicbook.com

But on one review somewhere states they dont own the rights to the 3rd film so cant make refferences to it and have to slighter alter things if there is any refferences

Also another review has a small concern

Raimi co-wrote and directed the first episode, but he’s not returning for the rest of the season. Instead Craig DiGregorio (Reaper, Chuck) is serving as showrunner, with a traditional writers’ room and rotating roster of directors taking on subsequent episodes. The show will inevitably find its own voice and cadence, but the glee of Raimi’s hyper-adrenalized filmmaking was always the glue that held the disparate parts of Evil Dead together. The films served as a playground for his cinematic id, and when you pull that from the equation it’s not clear if the oddball mix of horror and comedy can stand on its own at all.

Whats youre thoughts and opinions?

Hammer time 1st November 2015 05:21 PM

loved the 1st ep, i was surprized at how much gore it had,shame some of the cgi is very cheap looking,the practical effects are good though.
They tell us that he escped the cabin but dont mention how (get around the rights issue)
Overall thumbs up

MuckyFunster 1st November 2015 05:59 PM

Has this been picked up by any UK Tv networks, or is this going to have to be an online thing for us Limeys

Rik 1st November 2015 06:40 PM

No news yet for the UK, I'm going to check it out later when the kids are in bed :nod:

Rik 1st November 2015 10:26 PM

Just finished watching it, absolutely loved it, some real laugh out loud moments in it and plenty of gore, also some nice nods to the original trilogy too :chainsawkill:

gag 2nd November 2015 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 466888)
No news yet for the UK, I'm going to check it out later when the kids are in bed :nod:

Ive tried googling when shown on british tv cant find anything but this and so far not good
Bad news though for international Dead-heads though, as the show's yet to land a broadcaster in the UK.

Hawkmonger 2nd November 2015 10:55 AM

You would have thought SOME one in the UK would have been all over it. Even sodding Channel 5!

Justin101 2nd November 2015 11:11 AM

Starz, the show producers have had no luck selling this overseas apparently and are urging fans in foreign territories to get the show in any way possible...

I've not had a look yet, been too busy this weekend, although I did have time to watch The Godfather :lol: but I might have a watch after The Walking Dead has been on later :)

:chainsawkill:

Rik 2nd November 2015 11:22 AM

Fans of The Evil Dead might not like it, but fans of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness will, I'm sure

trebor8273 2nd November 2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 466958)
Fans of The Evil Dead might not like it, but fans of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness will, I'm sure

two used to be my favourite but as times went on I like the first more, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the pilot but for me some of the comedy was awful and felt forced, I would I liked a more serious tone to the series, but I will continue to watch

It does have Lucy lawless which is always a huge plus for me, so it's nice to see her and Campbell back together