Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2015, 11:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Ash Vs. Evil Dead

Well it finally got premiered last night.

Last night premiere was 40 mins but each one will be 30 min

Reviews are already in and a second series got the green light before the first series premiered.

"El Jefe" · Ash Vs. Evil Dead · TV Review · The A.V. Club

Ash vs Evil Dead Pilot Review: Constant Surprises Surpass All Expectations | Comicbook.com

But on one review somewhere states they dont own the rights to the 3rd film so cant make refferences to it and have to slighter alter things if there is any refferences

Also another review has a small concern

Raimi co-wrote and directed the first episode, but he’s not returning for the rest of the season. Instead Craig DiGregorio (Reaper, Chuck) is serving as showrunner, with a traditional writers’ room and rotating roster of directors taking on subsequent episodes. The show will inevitably find its own voice and cadence, but the glee of Raimi’s hyper-adrenalized filmmaking was always the glue that held the disparate parts of Evil Dead together. The films served as a playground for his cinematic id, and when you pull that from the equation it’s not clear if the oddball mix of horror and comedy can stand on its own at all.

Whats youre thoughts and opinions?
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st November 2015, 05:21 PM
Active Cultist

loved the 1st ep, i was surprized at how much gore it had,shame some of the cgi is very cheap looking,the practical effects are good though.
They tell us that he escped the cabin but dont mention how (get around the rights issue)
Overall thumbs up
Old 1st November 2015, 05:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Has this been picked up by any UK Tv networks, or is this going to have to be an online thing for us Limeys
Old 1st November 2015, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

No news yet for the UK, I'm going to check it out later when the kids are in bed
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st November 2015, 10:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching it, absolutely loved it, some real laugh out loud moments in it and plenty of gore, also some nice nods to the original trilogy too
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd November 2015, 03:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
No news yet for the UK, I'm going to check it out later when the kids are in bed
Ive tried googling when shown on british tv cant find anything but this and so far not good
Bad news though for international Dead-heads though, as the show's yet to land a broadcaster in the UK.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict

You would have thought SOME one in the UK would have been all over it. Even sodding Channel 5!
keirarts likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran

Starz, the show producers have had no luck selling this overseas apparently and are urging fans in foreign territories to get the show in any way possible...

I've not had a look yet, been too busy this weekend, although I did have time to watch The Godfather but I might have a watch after The Walking Dead has been on later

keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd November 2015, 11:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fans of The Evil Dead might not like it, but fans of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness will, I'm sure
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Fans of The Evil Dead might not like it, but fans of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness will, I'm sure
two used to be my favourite but as times went on I like the first more, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the pilot but for me some of the comedy was awful and felt forced, I would I liked a more serious tone to the series, but I will continue to watch

It does have Lucy lawless which is always a huge plus for me, so it's nice to see her and Campbell back together

Like this? Share it using the links below!