Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Netflix Originals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13282-netflix-originals.html)

Nordicdusk 23rd March 2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 623082)
The average bitrate is 0.82Mbps which is frankly garbage, look at this... this is HD!

https://i.ibb.co/Dt32n0B/IMG-20200323-224519.jpg

I take it there is no price reduction for the drop in quality.

Justin101 23rd March 2020 10:10 PM

Not a bean, I think they are expecting people to change their package themselves.

The episode has finished and I turned Netflix off and Channel 5 is playing a really shoddy print of The Fifth element and that looks better haha

Nordicdusk 23rd March 2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 623093)
Not a bean, I think they are expecting people to change their package themselves.

The episode has finished and I turned Netflix off and Channel 5 is playing a really shoddy print of The Fifth element and that looks better haha

:pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd March 2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 623093)

TIME TO UNBOX ALL THOSE BLU'S AND DVD'S.

PHYSICAL FORMATS ARE WHERE IT'S AT.

DON'T BE AT THE MERCY OF STREAMING SITES.

nosferatu42 23rd March 2020 11:13 PM

Exactly. I'm well stocked as i basically went through a phase of buying all my favourite stuff and anything i thought sounded interesting and unique when i had a bit of money.

Got pretty much all the Hammers and Amicus, and quite a few films i've never seen, Giallo/ cult stuff and tv series such as Batman, Addams family.

Also got a load of stuff i loved as a kid, so i may have to overdose on these as a form of light/nostalgic entertainment to get away from all this heavy shit thats going down.

If the internet goes down i'm good for months.:cool:

Nordicdusk 24th March 2020 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 223269

Bing Russell had two loves in life Baseball and Acting he had a successful stage and screen career but baseball would never leave him. After the baseball league took the only team Portland had out of the city and relocated them Bing Russel stepped in and went again every thing major league baseball stood for and he created his own independent team to compete against the big boys. He held tryouts and every reject from all across America showed up with the hopes of one last chance to live their dreams. The team he assembled was rough and ready for battle they were the opposite of what was the norm in baseball they were out of shape unshaven and hard drinking but they were what was missing from baseball they were entertaining fun and real but on top of that they were naturally gifted ball players and what they did shocked the establishment to its very core.

Absolutely fantastic documentary showing that if you put your mind to it you can do anything. We always hear of the American Dream well this a perfect example of that. Never under estimate the small guy because sheer will and heart can get you to where you want to go in life.

I forgot to mention that Bing Russell is Kurt Russell's father and he and his mother are heavily involved in this documentary. This is a real heartwarmerming story about men who had given up on their dreams and this gave them something to fight for gave them meaning and purpose.

8/10

Justin101 24th March 2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 623102)
TIME TO UNBOX ALL THOSE BLU'S AND DVD'S.

PHYSICAL FORMATS ARE WHERE IT'S AT.

DON'T BE AT THE MERCY OF STREAMING SITES.

I'm with you there, although I wont start the unpacking just yet because I still have around 40 unwatched discs (not including the complete Zatoichi - 25 films) which are not packed up yet. Just disappointing because I'm half way through Sabrina and I'm enjoying it so would seem a shame to pause that for a month or maybe two...

Justin101 13th June 2020 11:01 PM

I've not watched this, but it's impressively on 0% on Rotten Tomatoes from 34 professional reviews, even Artmeis Fowl has a score of 10%..

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...american_crime

trebor8273 14th June 2020 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 628444)
I've not watched this, but it's impressively on 0% on Rotten Tomatoes from 34 professional reviews, even Artmeis Fowl has a score of 10%..

No way it can be worse than Fowl. Poor Robert Shaw must be spinning in his grave ( the brat playing Fowl is his grandson).

Being eat by a shark would still be more fun than Fowl

gag 14th June 2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 628444)

3.9 on imdb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1552211...&ref_=m_ft_dsk

And lots of reviews and barely anyone rated 4 and above mainly 2 and 1.

trebor8273 14th June 2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 628447)
3.9 on imdb

Well will definitely be giving that a miss one train wreck of a film is enough for me.

trebor8273 14th June 2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 628447)
3.9 on imdb

It's down too 3.6 now!

Graveyard 14th June 2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

the U.S. government plans to broadcast a signal making it impossible for anyone to knowingly commit unlawful acts.
With this plot.. :woot:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2021 04:31 PM

Nice to see Netflix are raising prices by £1 and £2.

Justin101 6th January 2021 07:10 PM

That's annoying, the UHD membership is going up to £14 a month... What's also more annoying is the same article (BBC) states that Disney+ is going up £2 a month too. Neither companies have contacted me to let me know this... you think their members would be the first to know rather than a news network.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 643536)
That's annoying, the UHD membership is going up to £14 a month... What's also more annoying is the same article (BBC) states that Disney+ is going up £2 a month too. Neither companies have contacted me to let me know this... you think their members would be the first to know rather than a news network.

It won't be long before you're paying £25 / month for streaming services.

BT Sport started at £6 / month. It's now £24 / month. I know one's live sport and one is just streaming but someone's gotta' pay to get all these series and movies made (especially if they aren't going to cinema) and there's no way streaming companies will want to foot the bills.

gag 6th January 2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 643543)
It won't be long before you're paying £25 / month for streaming services.

BT Sport started at £6 / month. It's now £24 / month. I know one's live sport and one is just streaming but someone's gotta' pay to get all these series and movies made (especially if they aren't going to cinema) and there's no way streaming companies will want to foot the bills.

True but isn’t it the usual scenario the dearer it gets people start canceling their subscription , so keep it a tadge cheaper to get more viewers in, wouldn't they benefit more example by having 7 million payers at £10 a month than 4 million payers at £15 a monthly

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 643546)
True but isn’t it the usual scenario the dearer it gets people start canceling their prescriptions, so keep it a tadge cheaper to get more viewers in, wouldn't they benefit more example by having 7 million payers at £10 a month than 4 million payers at £15 a month

Corporate greed doesn't work that way.

Plus the majority won't cancel as they'll have no other way to watch movies and tv shows. Once they are hooked then the majority will stay.

By the way. A prescription is something you get from the chemist not Netflix. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2021 10:00 PM

Basically if Disney's main showcase and especially income source is streaming rather than cinema then it's streamers who will have to pay for Disney's output.

The next MCU or Star Wars movie costs $200m for example and it doesn't get a huge world wide cinema release then streamers will foot the bill.

gag 6th January 2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 643548)
Corporate greed doesn't work that way.

Plus the majority won't cancel as they'll have no other way to watch movies and tv shows. Once they are hooked then the majority will stay.

By the way. A prescription is something you get from the chemist not Netflix. :lol:

My bad goes show not paying attention while typing and talking, because I asked Sam what plans we got tomorrow and she was telling me how she has to go and collect a prescription, der.
Quack quack oops :whip:

Ive corrected it.

Nordicdusk 6th January 2021 10:44 PM

Amazon Prime is going up to €8 for me because of brexit:lol:

Justin101 7th January 2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 643552)
Amazon Prime is going up to €8 for me because of brexit[emoji38]

What was it before because it's £7.99 in the UK anyway lol.

Nordicdusk 7th January 2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 643557)
What was it before because it's £7.99 in the UK anyway lol.

I have only been paying little over €5

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th January 2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 643530)
Nice to see Netflix are raising prices by £1 and £2.

That's the first I've heard of the price hike. Customers should be contacted directly by the company with which they have a contract, not hearing it third hand on an Internet forum. It's terrible customer service.

Demoncrat 8th January 2021 08:04 PM

Death To 2020

Brooker's thing. Very funny. Best thing he's done in a while imho.

Justin101 8th January 2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 643660)
Death To 2020

Brooker's thing. Very funny. Best thing he's done in a while imho.

"The lack of ventilators, critics said, was breath-taking" I guffawed :lol:

Demoncrat 8th January 2021 09:12 PM

Indeed. A delight. REWATCH!!

Nordicdusk 11th January 2021 08:12 AM

Attachment 230513

Danny aka Damage is the brutal and feared enforcer in a street gang. Growing up in a large poor family with an abusive father Danny breaks into a local store to steal some food but he is rumbled by the store owner and he is send to a juvenile facility where he meets Moses who be creates a tight bond with and will later form the gang named Savages.

This is quite the gritty affair following Danny through three stages of his life as a young scared kid trying to help his mother and protect his siblings from their abusive father. The second stage is after he gets out of the juvenile center and himself and Moses start the Savages with just a small few members to he third stage where he gang is massive but there is an internal struggle for power between two different factions. Danny is hard and uncompromising but he is also struggling with the life and constantly fights the urge to go home to see his mother.

Savage paints a pretty realistic picture of a rough life there is no glamourisatition of violence of gang life its dirty and gritty people live is shit hole houses there is no glory in this life there is just barely surviving. My main problem with the film is some of the dialogue was inaudible i had to put on the subtitles to make sure i wasn't missing anything nothing to do with the New Zealand accent just there is a lot of mumbling throughout.

If you like downbeat drama check this out definitely make you want to jump straight into the shower because everyone is filthy in this.

7/10

Inspector Abberline 18th August 2021 03:19 PM

Night Stalker: the Hunt for a Serial Killer

Has anybody watched Netflix true life crime documentary Night Stalker: the Hunt for a Serial Killer..?

Nordicdusk 18th August 2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 657766)
Has anybody watched Netflix true life crime documentary Night Stalker: the Hunt for a Serial Killer..?

I have watched it really enjoyed it well worth a watch.

Justin101 18th August 2021 03:30 PM

It's a great show yes, Richard Ramirez is a vile human though, some of the accounts from survivors and family members of the victims, chilling...

Inspector Abberline 18th August 2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657769)
It's a great show yes, Richard Ramirez is a vile human though, some of the accounts from survivors and family members of the victims, chilling...

Ok great I'll give that a watch... there was also a made for TV movie about the killings a few years back plus American Horror Story 1984 used THe Night Stalker character,( as a Billy Idol loving twat, Ramirez that is not Idol)..

Inspector Abberline 21st August 2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657769)

Probably one of the best true crimes TV series....

Nordicdusk 26th March 2023 12:07 PM

Watched the first two parts of Waco last night very good so far. But so many lives could of been saved if that asshole reporter shut his bloody mouth. It's a very interesting watch and one of those branch Dividian ladies it still craaaazy as hell the things she is saying blew my mind she still believes she was in the presence of God after everything that happened.

MrBarlow 27th March 2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 683582)
Watched the first two parts of Waco last night very good so far. But so many lives could of been saved if that asshole reporter shut his bloody mouth. It's a very interesting watch and one of those branch Dividian ladies it still craaaazy as hell the things she is saying blew my mind she still believes she was in the presence of God after everything that happened.

Its amazing how some people that have survived a cult are suffering. I'm pretty sure there was a young girl who got out of the burning building and ran back inside.

Nordicdusk 27th March 2023 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 683621)
Its amazing how some people that have survived a cult are suffering. I'm pretty sure there was a young girl who got out of the burning building and ran back inside.

They showed that but an FBI agent grabbed before she got back in. It was a complete shit show from all sides.