Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2019, 06:57 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm four episodes in. Fantastic stuff so far.
Binged the rest last night - a really solid season and perhaps even my favourite of the three so far.
Justin101 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 8th July 2019, 10:01 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Binged the rest last night - a really solid season and perhaps even my favourite of the three so far.
Great stuff that was an emotional finale.
Old 8th July 2019, 12:39 PM
Cult Master

AAAABZGjr8y6Eh-NNxEfaBvhXJ68idULXK-2jiO1uG1T-O4SiiSnZ8zwbQL7_pQrJu-0oAeC82-3EvPFqLVnWGB9jzxXapOp.jpg

Counter punch follows three young up and coming boxers one is just turning professional one guy is trying to keep his unbeaten record clean and the last guy is an amateur who doesn't dream of money he dreams of Olympic Gold and thats all he cares about. Each guy has their trials and tribulations be it greed ego or the unfair treatment in the amateur circuit and the hoops you are expected to jump through to get a shot at the Olympics.

Back in the old days guys would die to represent their country in the Olympic and then go on to be professional champions. But there is no money to be made in the Olympics so getting your brand out there is more important. The glory days of Boxing are sadly gone and its likely they will never return.

I used to love boxing growing up it was all about honour pride and winning that belt the chance to be the worlds number 1 be the most feared man on the planet in your weight class. So many greats have entered the ring and put their bodies on the line but that was then and this is now its about followers on social media and making the quick buck a lot of the hunger is gone and the characters are gone its all safe generic personalities.

The danger has left the building.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 17th November 2019, 03:33 PM
Cult Master

hqdefault_2_.jpg

On the 4th episode of this a Ukrainian US citizen is accused of being Ivan The Terrible a Nazi concentration camp guard who tortured and mutilated Jewish prisoners on the way to the gas chambers. He is deported to Israel to stand trial for war crimes. His family are standing by him and there are certain things that don't add up could be a mistaken identity its hard to tell so far. There is some pretty harrowing accounts from survivors of the camp of what they saw and went through themselves.

Worth the watch ill try finish it off later.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 12th December 2019, 11:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Was just thinking of the Marvel Netflix shows.
What fracks me off is when Blu ray/DVD companies stop releasing the series making collections incomplete.
If they have no intention of releasing until the end then don't bother in the first place. Say that the only place you can watch these is Netflix and leave it at that.

DAREDEVIL S1 (2015) Blu ray/DVD
DAREDEVIL S2 (2016) Blu ray/DVD
DAREDEVIL S3 (2018) NO RELEASE

JESSICA JONES S1 (2015) Blu ray/DVD
JESSICA JONES S2 (2018) NO RELEASE
JESSICA JONES S3 (2019) NO RELEASE

LUKE CAGE S1 (2016) Blu ray/DVD
LUKE CAGE S2 (2018) NO RELEASE

IRON FIST S1 (2017) Blu ray/DVD
IRON FIST S2 (2018) NO RELEASE

THE DEFENDERS (2017) NO RELEASE

THE PUNISHER S1 (2017) NO RELEASE
THE PUNISHER S2 (2019) NO RELEASE

Who knows who pulled the plug on releasing these series. Netflix?
Maybe they want you to watch on the channel only now?
I am wondering if shows that are specifically made for channels now such as Amazon Prime's THE BOYS will even get a physical release??
Old 12th December 2019, 12:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Netflix is really precious about preserving exclusivity of its content - very few of its own-made productions have debuted on physical media - in addition to what you've listed above, the only other thing I can think of is Stranger Things that's out on DVD and BD in the US.

That said, Criterion has managed to licence Roma for release on disc in the US and UK so that bodes well for the future - looks like they've adopted a 12-month window on that one as it's debuting a year after it original aired on Netflix. Hopefully other companies will look to follow suit but I guess the Marvel titles are complicated because of the brand being owned by Disney.
Old 12th December 2019, 01:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Was just thinking of the Marvel Netflix shows.
What fracks me off is when Blu ray/DVD companies stop releasing the series making collections incomplete.
If they have no intention of releasing until the end then don't bother in the first place. Say that the only place you can watch these is Netflix and leave it at that.

DAREDEVIL S1 (2015) Blu ray/DVD
DAREDEVIL S2 (2016) Blu ray/DVD
DAREDEVIL S3 (2018) NO RELEASE

JESSICA JONES S1 (2015) Blu ray/DVD
JESSICA JONES S2 (2018) NO RELEASE
JESSICA JONES S3 (2019) NO RELEASE

LUKE CAGE S1 (2016) Blu ray/DVD
LUKE CAGE S2 (2018) NO RELEASE

IRON FIST S1 (2017) Blu ray/DVD
IRON FIST S2 (2018) NO RELEASE

THE DEFENDERS (2017) NO RELEASE

THE PUNISHER S1 (2017) NO RELEASE
THE PUNISHER S2 (2019) NO RELEASE

Who knows who pulled the plug on releasing these series. Netflix?
Maybe they want you to watch on the channel only now?
I am wondering if shows that are specifically made for channels now such as Amazon Prime's THE BOYS will even get a physical release??
That is really annoying. I wanted to own all of those, so it is disheartening to know the only way I'll be able to watch them in future is by a Netflix subscription.
Old 12th December 2019, 01:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Are all these subscription services sustainable?

I don't do any other than Sky and BT for the football? However they are expensive enough.

When you add Prime, Netflix, Disney, and all the other subscriber channels then i imagine the price per month is ridiculous to actually be in with a chance of watching everything
Old 12th December 2019, 02:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I don't do any other than Sky and BT for the football? However they are expensive enough.

When you add Prime, Netflix, Disney, and all the other subscriber channels then i imagine the price per month is ridiculous to actually be in with a chance of watching everything
My outgoings for 'TV' are the £10 a month or whatever for a telly license and £7.99 a month for Netflix.

I can see what you mean though, my mum and stepdad have the whole sky package, netflix and amazon prime (to watch the premiership) and then all the addons like HD, Sky+ box etc. I'm sure it adds up.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th December 2019, 02:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I read an article some time ago about someone who had worked out the price of subscribing to all of the streaming services as well as keeping the licence fee and a basic Sky or Virgin set-top box. The overall sum of money was huge so there is no way that someone had an average income would be able to watch a wide variety of TV shows and films.

Like this? Share it using the links below!