Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2019, 12:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I used to just fly through books but the last few years i struggle to finish one whatever happened i don't know. I bought all the GOT books and i barely made a dent in the first book.
The first two are the best ones anyway. For me they descend into what I call 'misery tourism' from the third book onwards. Yeah, I get it's grim, I don't need the 12th atrocity this chapter thanks.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:44 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

1_7kFSk_tqwEWNx-HJpo4vpg.jpg

I came home from training a night last year and my girlfriend was watching season 1 of this she was a few episodes in and i first said why are you watching this stupid shit couple of episodes later i was hooked

We watched season 2 over a couple of night it really is a great show its vulgar its funny the setting is beautiful and the acting is really great. Behind all the teen angst and sometimes juvenile sex talk there is a real hard hitting story of love awkward teenage years confusion and trying to find yourself in a fragile stage of your growing. The show also deals with the pressures of teens coming out and those who have been abandoned by their parents and the problems of living with a parent with addictions while trying to deal with the normal confusions of that time of your life. I think two things draw me firstly i really connected to something in each character making me sympathetic to their situations and in turn getting me more invested in their progression and growth. Secondly this is not a preachy show that glamorises anything it just shows how it is both the good and the bad sides of it.

I like to be treated like an adult when i watch a show or film and not force fed an agenda .

I dont think its fir everyone but i loved it

8/10 both seasons.
Old 6th February 2020, 01:25 PM
Cult Master

Stared watching The Stranger last night only two episodes left great so there are so many twists and turns its crazy well worth watching just the 8 episodes sadly.
Old 6th February 2020, 04:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 222137

I came home from training a night last year and my girlfriend was watching season 1 of this she was a few episodes in and i first said why are you watching this stupid shit couple of episodes later i was hooked

We watched season 2 over a couple of night it really is a great show its vulgar its funny the setting is beautiful and the acting is really great. Behind all the teen angst and sometimes juvenile sex talk there is a real hard hitting story of love awkward teenage years confusion and trying to find yourself in a fragile stage of your growing. The show also deals with the pressures of teens coming out and those who have been abandoned by their parents and the problems of living with a parent with addictions while trying to deal with the normal confusions of that time of your life. I think two things draw me firstly i really connected to something in each character making me sympathetic to their situations and in turn getting me more invested in their progression and growth. Secondly this is not a preachy show that glamorises anything it just shows how it is both the good and the bad sides of it.

I like to be treated like an adult when i watch a show or film and not force fed an agenda .

I dont think its fir everyone but i loved it

8/10 both seasons.

Agree good show were agendas aren't forced down our throats , it's all very well done, shudder to think what this would of been like it it had been a Looney BBC produaction!
Old 6th February 2020, 05:36 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm currently watching Sex Education S2 as well, I loved series 1 and so far 2 eps into the second it's just as good
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th February 2020, 11:09 PM
Cult Master

The Pharmacist

When a teen is murdered during a drug deal his father will not stop at anything to find out who shot his son. After gets to the bottom of it its not the end this is only the tip of the iceberg and a whole can of worms is opened up. The Father notices the amount of young people coming in to collect prescriptions of oxytocin and his next mission is to stop the use of opioid's. But this won't be easy everyone is crooked from local law enforcement to the DEA to the FBI how can one man take all these institutions alone.

Great show the Dad is a little bit over the top at some times through the series tape recording everything him his family and even the customers entering the store he worked in. But overall his heart was in the right place a bit too preachy with the God talk but each to their own.

8/10
Old 15th March 2020, 04:26 PM
Cult Master

AAAABboSg21cgcT7fnSoS2qqauRvAKIjiRYhTWSi031Rh3l69JHbdMHwyodWub6eeuOmwCSDsQIhdAaagizV4GaDHgslHPEp.jpg

Just found this on Netflix had to watch it right away and it was bloody brilliant. It only goes up as far as Eleminator but its a must watch with some great live stuff they played in a little sort of bar just the three guys just for the documentary. Its actually done by Sam Dunne from Banger TV he really makes great documentaries.

The opening scene is just so bad ass the camera pans over Texas and into the country side then down the road comes the guys in a convertible hot rod
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran

It seems silly to moan about this when we've got bigger things to worry about but Netflix limiting their bandwidth due to people self isolating has made the picture quality garbage. They said most people won't notice the difference but I can't see how. I'm trying to watch The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and it's a mess of blocking and fuzz...

Old 23rd March 2020, 09:35 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It seems silly to moan about this when we've got bigger things to worry about but Netflix limiting their bandwidth due to people self isolating has made the picture quality garbage. They said most people won't notice the difference but I can't see how. I'm trying to watch The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and it's a mess of blocking and fuzz...
I have watched alot of stuff on it the last few days and they all looked fine even the 4k stuff seems to be 4k maybe that will change over here too soon.
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran

The average bitrate is 0.82Mbps which is frankly garbage, look at this... this is HD!

Like this? Share it using the links below!