Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   BLACK MIRROR (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13336-black-mirror.html)

JamesN 6th June 2016 07:39 PM

BLACK MIRROR

I looked and couldn't find an existing thread about this show -- please forgive me if I missed it! Just blame it on being a newbie, and I didn't know any better. :)

I know a lot of you folks are from the UK, and this is a show from your side of the pond, so I thought you might be familiar with it. I'm so in love with it, and can't until more episodes are produced. It's like a modern-day TWILIGHT ZONE, a satire about the dark side of technology. Even the weakest episodes are better than 90% of anything else on episodic TV (not sure where it originally aired, because over here in the States I caught it on Netflix).

Recently watched it again. Loved it just as much the second time around.

BLACK MIRROR: So damn good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 07:41 PM

I've never even heard of this. What channel does it air on?

nosferatu42 6th June 2016 07:43 PM

I agree, one of my favourite recent shows, also love Charlie Brookers Screen wipe series, don't know if you got that in America, it's a news/tv etc review show. Quite British in it's humour.:pop2:

Paul@TheOverlook 6th June 2016 07:44 PM

It's Charlie Brooker, Dem - I've not seen it but apparently the plot or plot point from the first series closely (ahem) mirrors the David Cameron/dead pig head fiasco.

nosferatu42 6th June 2016 07:45 PM

It's a channel 4 show so think it's available on 4OD.

JamesN 6th June 2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 493026)
It's Charlie Brooker, Dem - I've not seen it but apparently the plot or plot point from the first series closely (ahem) mirrors the David Cameron/dead pig head fiasco.

Most folks cite that particular episode as their least fave. But it's one of my favorites. Because it's not about the act at all -- it's about public perception of said act and how it can turn on a dime. I thought it was absolutely brilliant satire, the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Paul@TheOverlook 6th June 2016 07:59 PM

I need to see it, mate.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 493026)

Thanks Paul.

I'll look into it. Can't say i'm familiar with Charlie Brooker either.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 493048)
Thanks Paul.

I'll look into it. Can't say i'm familiar with Charlie Brooker either.

He co-wrote the infamous Brass Eye episode on paedophilia. That's pretty much all I know him from. Oh, and Nathan Barley but I found that to be insufferable shite.

Black Mirror sounds intriguing though.

Frankenhooker 6th June 2016 09:34 PM

Charlie Brooker is awesome, so acerbic. Season three of Black Mirror has been picked up by Netflix.

I picked up seasons one and two, along with the Christmas special, from HMV months back. Less than £15.