Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   BLACK MIRROR (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13336-black-mirror.html)

JamesN 6th June 2016 07:39 PM

BLACK MIRROR

I looked and couldn't find an existing thread about this show -- please forgive me if I missed it! Just blame it on being a newbie, and I didn't know any better. :)

I know a lot of you folks are from the UK, and this is a show from your side of the pond, so I thought you might be familiar with it. I'm so in love with it, and can't until more episodes are produced. It's like a modern-day TWILIGHT ZONE, a satire about the dark side of technology. Even the weakest episodes are better than 90% of anything else on episodic TV (not sure where it originally aired, because over here in the States I caught it on Netflix).

Recently watched it again. Loved it just as much the second time around.

BLACK MIRROR: So damn good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 07:41 PM

I've never even heard of this. What channel does it air on?

nosferatu42 6th June 2016 07:43 PM

I agree, one of my favourite recent shows, also love Charlie Brookers Screen wipe series, don't know if you got that in America, it's a news/tv etc review show. Quite British in it's humour.:pop2:

Paul@TheOverlook 6th June 2016 07:44 PM

It's Charlie Brooker, Dem - I've not seen it but apparently the plot or plot point from the first series closely (ahem) mirrors the David Cameron/dead pig head fiasco.

nosferatu42 6th June 2016 07:45 PM

It's a channel 4 show so think it's available on 4OD.

JamesN 6th June 2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 493026)
It's Charlie Brooker, Dem - I've not seen it but apparently the plot or plot point from the first series closely (ahem) mirrors the David Cameron/dead pig head fiasco.

Most folks cite that particular episode as their least fave. But it's one of my favorites. Because it's not about the act at all -- it's about public perception of said act and how it can turn on a dime. I thought it was absolutely brilliant satire, the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Paul@TheOverlook 6th June 2016 07:59 PM

I need to see it, mate.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 493026)

Thanks Paul.

I'll look into it. Can't say i'm familiar with Charlie Brooker either.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 493048)
Thanks Paul.

I'll look into it. Can't say i'm familiar with Charlie Brooker either.

He co-wrote the infamous Brass Eye episode on paedophilia. That's pretty much all I know him from. Oh, and Nathan Barley but I found that to be insufferable shite.

Black Mirror sounds intriguing though.

Frankenhooker 6th June 2016 09:34 PM

Charlie Brooker is awesome, so acerbic. Season three of Black Mirror has been picked up by Netflix.

I picked up seasons one and two, along with the Christmas special, from HMV months back. Less than £15.

bleakshaun 2nd August 2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 493063)
He co-wrote the infamous Brass Eye episode on paedophilia. That's pretty much all I know him from. Oh, and Nathan Barley but I found that to be insufferable shite.

Black Mirror sounds intriguing though.

He also wrote Dead Set

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

gag 2nd August 2017 05:40 PM

Love the series can't wit till series 4 , it was only few days ago I showed Samantha a episode from it because she never heard of it .it was first one from series 3

bleakshaun 2nd August 2017 05:48 PM

Same, but I would be really happy if Brooker did a new series of weekly wipe

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 2nd August 2017 09:02 PM

Love Black Mirror.
Also love Paedogeddon.

Best quote was from a mate. "If it hadn't been aw over the media at the time ...."
But that's why he did it. No doubt as appalled by the salacious reporting of misery as most sane people were. Fearless.

Now we have Frankie Boyle.