Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th August 2017, 05:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

That's good as I was about to procure it by other means.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th August 2017, 05:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That's good as I was about to procure it by other means.
same here, will just wait now
Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 7th August 2017, 06:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm sure we all know already but if you have Freeview HD Talking Pictures is a great channel for classic (and not so classic) British film and tv content, though don't expect HD quality P.Q.

Freeview HD channel 81.
Old 7th August 2017, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I'm sure we all know already but if you have Freeview HD Talking Pictures is a great channel for classic (and not so classic) British film and tv content, though don't expect HD quality P.Q.

Freeview HD channel 81.
A sterling effort all round
Even if they should really be called Renown TV

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th August 2017, 09:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
A sterling effort all round
Even if they should really be called Renown TV
Ah Renown. They throw discs out with 2 films on for about £14 a pop.

Can't be blind buying at that price. I do have a couple though.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have picked up the odd one.

They put out The Night Caller
So they get a pass imho.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th August 2017, 12:31 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just read the new series of Celebrity Big Brother is starting on whatever channel.

I had no idea this was still going. As for celebrities well i've heard of five of them.

That makes ten i never knew existed. So much for celebrity.

Celebrity Big Brother: Who are the contestants? - BBC News
You're more up to speed than me Dem. I've only heard of three of these.
Old 8th August 2017, 01:42 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have picked up the odd one.

They put out The Night Caller
So they get a pass imho.
The night caller is one of the ones i have
Old 8th August 2017, 04:47 AM
Cult Master

Not about an upcoming programme, but rather about a not upcoming programme!

Count Arthur Strong cancelled after 3 series | BBC Graham Linehan and Steve Delaney comedy will not be returning for series 4

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th August 2017, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Karl Urban in Talks for Judge Dredd TV Series | TVweb

We may finally be getting that Dredd sequel after all. Just not in the way that many of us had imagined. We learned in May that a TV series titled Judge Dredd: Mega-City One is in the works and that the producers were hoping that they could coerce Karl Urban to reprise his role from the 2012 movie. Now, courtesy of the actor himself, we have word that he is indeed in talks to once again put on the helmet and become the law in the Judge Dredd TV series.

As reported by Comicbook.com, Karl Urban recently appeared at Star Trek Las Vegas Convention and, amidst all of the talk about Star Trek, he talked a bit about the upcoming Mega-City One TV seires and his potential inolvement. It turns out that he has already been talking with IM Global and game developer Rebellion, who are currently working on the series, and will be happy to appear in the show as long as it feels right. Here's what he had to say about it.

"I am in discussions with them about that. I told them that if they write the material and give Dredd something to do and give him a function, I will be there. I would love to."
Dredd came out in 2012 and died at the box office but had a massive second life on home video. As fans discovered the excellent action flick, they began to rally for a sequel. Karl Urban was very vocal about his desire to return for Dredd 2, but it never came to pass. However, given how many comic book properties have come to TV and streaming services in recent years, that paved the way for Judge Dredd: Mega-City One to get going which, if all goes well, will give us even more than Dredd 2 ever could have. Producer Brian Jenkins previously expressed his desire for Karl Urban to return for the series, but noted that he is a busy guy.

"We have had many conversations prior to this, about all sorts of things. He's also very busy, a full-time professional actor. So we're going to have some long and complicated conversations I would imagine, and we'll see where we go. It's too early to tell yet, but if we can use him and he's available to us, then I think that would be absolutely brilliant. There's always a possibility he will be busy, or that his schedule for other movies won't allow. Basically, we don't know at this stage."
Judge Dredd: Mega-City One is said to take place in a massive futuristic city on the east coast of the U.S. that is absolutely riddled with crime. As opposed to Dredd, the show is said to focus on an ensemble team of Judges that will have to try and keep order in the hectic, crime-filled mega-city. Given that it is a team show, that could be why Karl Urban mentioned that the writers need to "give Dredd something to do." But he sounds open to it and that is definitely a good thing for those who wanted to see Dredd 2 happen. And Karl Urban is no stranger to starring in TV series, having last appeared on the small screen in J.J. Abrams' Human.

Like this? Share it using the links below!