Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2017, 03:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Agree, angel of death was trash and The Quiet Ones was enjoyable.
I also enjoyed The Resident, Let Me In and Wakewood.

Although i doubt i'd ever choose to watch Let Me In again as there's the superior Let The Right One In also in my collection.
nosferatu42, bleakshaun and iank like this.
Old 20th October 2017, 03:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I also enjoyed The Resident, Let Me In and Wakewood.

Although i doubt i'd ever choose to watch Let Me In again as there's the superior Let The Right One In also in my collection.
Never liked Let Me In, happy with the original also got the book to read soon

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 21st October 2017, 06:56 AM
Cult Master

Friday, October 27th - BBC4 - 11:30pm - 12:30am - 'Christmas '77 with the Sex Pistols'

Christmas '77 with the Sex Pistols - what time is it on TV? Cast list and preview.

"Julien Temple has had footage of the Sex Pistols' final UK gig languishing in a rusty can for decades. Now it's being aired as part of this meditation on Christmas, which compares the festive seasons of 1977 and today via the medium of punk.

No preview was available, but we're promised biblical parallels (there was, for example, no room at the Holiday Inn after the Pistols were barred from the franchise) and possibly even shots of Johnny Rotten feeding cake to children. Temple could make a film about boiler maintenance interesting, so it should be a blast.

Summary
Director Julien Temple presents a unique insight into the tradition of transgression at Christmas, focusing on 1977 when rock band the Sex Pistols performed their last UK concert with Sid Vicious for the children of striking firefighters in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. There were two Christmas Day gigs - a party in the afternoon for the children and another for the adults in the evening. Includes archive footage of the rockers."

If memory serves, this features an amusing moment when the Pistols play an uncensored version of 'Bodies' in front of the kiddies!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st October 2017, 04:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mate gave me a look at both Blood Drive and this thing called Lore. Very different shows. Recommended equally though.
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd October 2017, 06:23 PM
Cult Master

November on The Horror Channel

Saturday nights are scheduled to be a 'Bloody British Season', celebrating the new wave of British horror movies that reinvigorated the UK horror industry in the early 2000s. The premiers, all to be screened at 9:00pm are:
  • 4th - The Hole (Nick Hamm)
  • 11th - Dog Soldiers (Neil Marshall)
  • 18th - Creep (Christopher Smith)
  • 25th - The Descent (Neil Marshall)

Sunday 12th is a 'Sharkmania marathon', highlighted by the network premieres of 'Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens' (2016) at 8.10pm and 'Sharknado 5: Global Swarming' (2017) on at 9.50pm. Also on offer (times unknown) are Planet Of The Sharks (2016), Super Shark (2011), Ice Sharks (2016) and The Reef (2010)

There are seven other premieres in November (all dates unknown):
  • The Happening (2008) - M. Night Shyamalan's survival movie starring Mark Wahlberg;
  • Cat People (1982) - Paul Schrader's hypnotic and erotic classic
  • Severance (2006) - Christopher Smith's film starring Danny Dyer and Andy Nyman
  • Jeepers Creepers 2 (2003)
  • Silent Hill (2006), Christophe Gans' eerie adaptation of Konami's video game series of the same name
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1992) - the film that inspired the television series
  • Lake Placid 2 (2007)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
November on The Horror Channel

Saturday nights are scheduled to be a 'Bloody British Season', celebrating the new wave of British horror movies that reinvigorated the UK horror industry in the early 2000s. The premiers, all to be screened at 9:00pm are:
  • 4th - The Hole (Nick Hamm)
  • 11th - Dog Soldiers (Neil Marshall)
  • 18th - Creep (Christopher Smith)
  • 25th - The Descent (Neil Marshall)

Sunday 12th is a 'Sharkmania marathon', highlighted by the network premieres of 'Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens' (2016) at 8.10pm and 'Sharknado 5: Global Swarming' (2017) on at 9.50pm. Also on offer (times unknown) are Planet Of The Sharks (2016), Super Shark (2011), Ice Sharks (2016) and The Reef (2010)

There are seven other premieres in November (all dates unknown):
  • The Happening (2008) - M. Night Shyamalan's survival movie starring Mark Wahlberg;
  • Cat People (1982) - Paul Schrader's hypnotic and erotic classic
  • Severance (2006) - Christopher Smith's film starring Danny Dyer and Andy Nyman
  • Jeepers Creepers 2 (2003)
  • Silent Hill (2006), Christophe Gans' eerie adaptation of Konami's video game series of the same name
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1992) - the film that inspired the television series
  • Lake Placid 2 (2007)
I'm liking this for the most part, bar The Happening

Old 23rd October 2017, 07:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I like the Happening

Before I get banned, tarred and feathered, I’ve got a thing for Zooey Deschanel
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I like the Happening

Before I get banned, tarred and feathered, I’ve got a thing for Zooey Deschanel
I do as well, but she doesn't help what is perhaps Shymalans worst film (well one of them)

Rik likes this.
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching Just A Boy's Game. Peter McDougall's rather startling tale about a legendary 'heidbanger' who returns to his old haunts to find the faces may have changed but the weapons still wound the same ....

"McCafferty!! Yir teas oot!!"

Ahem. Can a nice mod put this in the proper tv thread ahem ta!!
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 24th October 2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 24th October 2017, 10:24 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Might need to expand this thread so that it also covers upcoming radio shows!

Sherlock's Mark Gatiss brings new Dracula adaptation to BBC Radio 4 - Radio Times

"Mark Gatiss is set to direct a new Dracula adaptation that will air on BBC Radio 4 this Halloween.

The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula, an unmade Hammer Horror script set in 1930s India, will star Lewis McCleod as the infamous Count, Nikesh Patel (Indian Summers, The Midnight Children) and The Crown’s Anna Madeley. Michael Sheen narrates.

Hammer Film productions are best known for gothic horror classics produced in the 1950s and 60s, including The Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula and The Mummy.

Gatiss’s project – a collaboration with producer Laurence Bowen as part of Radio 4’s ongoing Unmade Movies series – will mark the first new production from the studio in 43 years.

“What better way to celebrate Hallowe’en than with a lost Hammer movie?” Gatiss said. “And not just any Hammer movie! Anthony Hind’s thrillingly titled The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula is a wonderful, rich and atmospheric script and way ahead of its time – set in the 30s, a sort of ‘Heat and Dust and Fangs’!”

Gatiss, of course, recently confirmed that he was reuniting with Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat to create a new TV version of Dracula for the BBC, expected to air in 2019. Gatiss told RadioTimes.com that the series would be a “stablemate” of Sherlock.

Narrator Michael Sheen, currently filming fantasy series Good Omens with David Tennant, said, “The prospect of a long lost Dracula script offering itself to me like a succulent pale neck was just too tempting. I devoured it in one sitting and cannot promise I won’t strike again.”

Gatiss added, “It was nearly made in the early 70s on location in India and I was thrilled to assemble a fantastic cast headed by Nikesh Patel, Michael Sheen, Meera Syal and Anna Madeley to bring this forgotten gem to gory life.”

The Unquenchable Thirst of Dracula will air on BBC Radio 4 at 2.30pm on Saturday 28th October"
This is exciting - caught a trail for it this morning. Also - talking of radio has anyone been listening to The Twilight Zone episodes on Radio 4 Extra? They're great fun but already disappearing off iplayer so catch these little audio trips into the Third Dimension before that door shuts!
mr 420 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!