Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2017, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Or because it prominently features Peter Kay, not watch it at all.
Yeah, can't stand the bloke.
Old 26th November 2017, 02:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Heads up people - The upcoming television programme thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I liked Car Share, but he’s never topped Phoenix Nights, and probably never will

I was rather partial to Max & Paddy’s Road To Nowhere. Any tv shows theme song that rips off BJ & The Bear, is a classic in my eyes.

https://youtu.be/nEU94_qS3co
Old 26th November 2017, 03:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, parts of Max & Paddy were funny, but not as a whole like Phoenix Nights was
gag likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th November 2017, 03:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Christmas on The Horror Channel
Other December highlights

8th: 'Some Kind Of Hate' - Tightly wound Lincoln is a favourite target for the local high school bullies. One day he violently snaps and is sent to the Mind's Eye Academy, a remote desert reformatory. But the harassment doesn't stop and in despair he accidentally summons the kindred spirit of Moira, a girl tormented to suicide in the same establishment, who is more than happy to take vengeance on his persecutors.

9th: 'The Lesson' - Adark, claustrophobic and bloody coming of age love story. Fin and Joel are two teenage wasters running wild in an arid rural landscape. But their bad education is about to take a turn for the intellectual best as someone at the end of their tether has decided to teach both schoolboys a lesson they will never forget

15th: 'The Evil In Us' - Six school friends meet up for a fourth of July celebration on a remote island expecting a harmless fun-filled weekend. One brings some cocaine along to get the partying really started. What they don't know is the drug is actually a new bio-active compound peddled by a sadistic right-wing terrorist organisation. Anyone consuming it is then exposed to a virus causing fits of psychotic rage, mind-bending chaos and cannibalistic murder. Only Brie refused to partake and now she must fight to survive as everyone around her, including her fiance, tries to savagely kill her

16th: 'Don't Blink' - Ten friends arrive at a remote mountain resort for a weekend of relaxation but find it deserted. As they attempt to discover out what happened to the other guests, they are horrified to find that they too are disappearing, one by one

22nd: 'P2' - It's Christmas Eve and Angela Bridges (Rachel Nichols), an ambitious executive, is supposed to be at a family gathering working late. When she gets down to the parking garage, she discovers that her car won't start. Thomas (Wes Bentley), a friendly security guard, offers to help, but when he also invites her to share a small Christmas dinner he's preparing, she doesn't realise the invitation is not optional. If Angela wants to live to see Christmas morning, she must find a way to escape from level P2 of the parking garage.

23rd: 'Black Christmas' - It's Christmas break and the phone won't stop ringing at one sorority house, where the ghost of a killer lurks and coeds are being systematically murdered one by one. In this remake of the 1974 slasher flick, a bloodthirsty psychopath is on the loose. Will sorority sisters Kelli (Katie Cassidy), Dana (Lacey Chabert), Lauren (Crystal Lowe) and the others escape with their lives?
bleakshaun and Deadite like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th November 2017, 04:24 AM
Cult Master

It's been confirmed that the League Of Gentlemen specials will air on BBC2 at 10:00pm on December 18th, 19th and 20th

Old 28th November 2017, 08:12 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It's been confirmed that the League Of Gentlemen specials will air on BBC2 at 10:00pm on December 18th, 19th and 20th
Are they half hours?
Old 28th November 2017, 08:47 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Are they half hours?
That I don't know

It was confirmed in a Reece Shearsmith tweet on twitter:

"Reece Shearsmith@ReeceShearsmith

Our new “League of Gentlemen” shows will be shown on the 18th, 19th and 20th December on @BBCTwo. Merry Christmas!"

Old 28th November 2017, 02:48 PM
Cult Addict

Shame its been cancelled, was the main thing I was looking forward to at the end of the year
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0e2ddcbb259b2
But heres a gif to sum up

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 29th November 2017, 06:32 AM
Cult Master

Christmas TV Comedy 2017

Programmes discussed:
  • 300 Years Of French And Saunders (BBC One)
  • Our Friend Victoria (BBC One)
  • Mrs Brown's Boys (BBC One)
  • Grandpa's Great Escape (BBC One)
  • A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong (BBC One)
  • Tim Vine Travels In Time (BBC One)
  • Doodlebugs (BBC One)
  • Not Going Out (BBC One)
  • Still Open All Hours (BBC One)
  • Michael McIntyre's Big Christmas Show (BBC One)
  • Alan Partridge: Why, When, Where, How and Whom? (BBC Two)
  • The League of Gentlemen Anniversary Specials (BBC Two)
  • Eric & Ernie's Home Movies (BBC Two)
  • Two Doors Down (BBC Two)
  • Upstart Crow (BBC Two)
  • Joanna & Jennifer: Absolutely Champers (BBC Two)
  • Eric, Ernie & Me (BBC Four)
  • Through The Keyhole (ITV)
  • Al Murray's Make Christmas Great Again (ITV)
  • Birds Of A Feather (ITV)
  • The Great Xmas Rant (ITV2)
  • Alan Carr (Channel 4)
  • Big Fat Quiz Of The Year (Channel 4)
  • Miranda Does Christmas (Channel 4)
  • Smashie's Xmastastic Playlist (Gold)
  • Taskmaster: Champion of Champions (Dave)
  • A League Of Their Own (Sky One)
  • Trollied (Sky One)
  • Ratburger (Sky One)

At least we haven't got to the stage where there is a 'Special Little Britain Christmas Special', and hopefully we never will do!
platostotal and bleakshaun like this.

Old 29th November 2017, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kinda book and TV related

http://www.techradar.com/news/charli...irror-universe

Charlie Brooker contemplating expanding the Black Mirror universe

Move over Marvel, Brooker's twisted world is growing

This article is brought to you by Total Film, the smarter movie magazine – we're cheeky, irreverent and probing, but always passionate and authoritative about film...

Twisted-tech anthology series Black Mirror started out as a TV show, and has since spun off into a book (out next year), but don’t rule out further brand extensions, according to creator Charlie Brooker.

In an interview with Total Film magazine ahead of the launch of the new series on Netflix, Brooker first admits that he’s shifted his stance on an extended Black Mirror universe. “When people used to ask me, ‘Are these all set in the same universe?’, I’d go, ‘No.’

"I’ve now changed my position, and explicitly some of them are. And we’ve tied together several episodes in that story. But you don’t need to have seen any of those episodes.

“The basic rule is that you only have to watch one episode, if you want. But there are direct references to other things and other worlds and other stories we’ve done in that story.”

Talking specifically about the upcoming books, Brooker says he’s not dictating what the story ideas up, but is feeding back on his writers’ ideas. “It’s a different world. It’s its own separate thing, in a way, but it’s got to have shared Black Mirror DNA.”

And, when TF asks there are any other media Brooker would consider exploring Black Mirror in, he says, “Yes, games and comics are two worlds that I’ve thought about. It’s really getting the time that’s the challenge, at the moment. Because those are both things I can see us doing stuff in, but it would have to be right. I can’t say too much, but those are all things that I’ve thought about. There are other mediums and things that you contemplate.”

There’s currently no news on a launch date for series 4 of Black Mirror, but it’s expected to be on Netflix before the end of the year. You can find more on Black Mirror, including an on-set report from Iceland, inside the latest issue of Total Film magazine, which is on sale now
bleakshaun likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!