Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2017, 01:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
what a load of shite as others have said xmas time used to be a time for the whole family to gather in front of the tv
I think the problem in this day and age is that we are spoilt for entertainment on any given day. Between goodness knows how many channels plus all the streaming options Xmas tv just doesn't stand out amymore.
Old 15th December 2017, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Yeah, I remember waiting until my mum bought the Xmas issue of Radio Times so I could put circles round all the films and programs I wanted to watch/record
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th December 2017, 05:00 PM
Cult Master

You'll 'ave to watch a bit ov kuwlture now, won't ya!

Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson to appear on Christmas University Challenge

"The Christmas University Challenge shows start on Christmas Eve on BBC Two and Bruce will star in the sixth episode, which airs at 8.30pm on New Year’s Day. If he gets through, the semi-finals take place on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th January 2018."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th December 2017, 07:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

To all those muttering about nothing to watch with the family this Christmas.

Well, huddle round the tv this Christmas Eve because BBC4 has one mighty fine schedule.

9:00pm - M.R. James: Ghost Writer

10:00 - The Tractate Middoth

10:40 - No 13

11:20 - The Signalman

Midnight - Ghost Stories for Christmas with Christopher Lee.

01:00 - A View From a Hill

BBC Two - The Tractate Middoth

BBC Four - A View from a Hill

So stop bleating and enjoy almost five hours of ghostly goings on.
Old 17th December 2017, 08:36 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, I remember waiting until my mum bought the Xmas issue of Radio Times so I could put circles round all the films and programs I wanted to watch/record
I still do that but there is nothing to circle, aside from League of Gentlemen and the 3-parter of Little Women

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th December 2017, 05:48 AM
Cult Master

Throughout January, Saturday nights at 9pm will be devoted to a Wes Craven Season as The Horror Channel presents a retrospective of the late great genre director's career

Jan 6th: The Serpent And the Rainbow - Harvard researcher Bill Pullman travels to Haiti to procure a secret voodoo powder that places people into a state of simulated death. His investigation into the hidden world of black magic grows increasingly dangerous until he is caught in a living nightmare

Jan 13th: Shocker - Horace Pinker (Mitch Pileggi), a psychotic TV repairman sentenced to death for a series of sick and brutal murders, is executed by the electric chair. However, having made a deal with the devil before his death, he has now transformed into an evil energy source capable of travelling through electrical currents and creeping out of TV sets to hack small town America into tiny, little pieces

Jan 20th: The People Under The Stairs - With the hopes of stealing a stash of gold, 13-year-old Fool (Brandon Adams) breaks into his landlords' creepy house with two friends. Things soon go horribly wrong as the trio finds they can't get out!

Jan 27th: My Soul To Take - In the small town of Riverton, a local legend tells of a serial killer's oath to come back and kill the seven children who were born on the night he supposedly died. Now, sixteen years later, Riverton residents are disappearing again, and some wonder if the legend is true

Other highlights for the month are

Jan 12th: The Unborn - Meagan Good, Cam Gigandet, Odette Yustman, Gary Oldman and Idris Elba. Sometimes the soul of a dead person has been so tainted with evil that it is denied entrance to heaven. It must endlessly wander the borderlands between worlds, desperately searching for a new body to inhabit. And sometimes it actually succeeds

Jan 19th: Maniac - Elijah Wood. Just when the downtown Los Angeles streets seemed safe, a serial killer with a fetish for scalps is back on the hunt. Frank is the withdrawn owner of a mannequin store, but his life changes when young artist Anna appears asking for his help with her new photo exhibition. As their friendship develops and Frank's obsession escalates, it becomes clear she has unleashed a long-repressed compulsion to stalk and kill.

Jan 19th: Kiss Of the Vampire - Hammer horror. When honeymooning in Bavaria, Gerald and Marianne Harcourt experience car trouble and are forced to seek refuge in a remote village. Doctor Ravna, owner of an impressive chateau that sits imposingly above the village, invites them to dinner and the couple are persuaded to go. Their association with Ravna and his charming beautiful family is to prove disastrous as they become unwittingly embroiled with a company of vampires who seek to initiate them into their diabolical creed

Old 26th December 2017, 05:07 AM
Cult Master

The new series of 'Inside #9' starts on BBC2 on January 2nd, between 10:00-10:30pm

Inside No 9 - what time is it on TV? Episode 1 Series 4 cast list and preview.

"New series. Return of the darkly comic anthology, written by and starring Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Assorted guests collect at London's Zanzibar hotel, where proposals, prostitutes and plots combine. With Rory Kinnear, Hattie Morahan and Bill Paterson."

Old 3rd January 2018, 08:04 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The first trailer

Kill me now! Everything about this is wrong, with it's obvious and signposted attempts at humour. It looks like a rejected episode of 'Xena' or 'Hercules', and don't get me started on the use of Australian accents in an Eastern fable

Not looking forward to this at all. It seems to lack the Monkey magic!

Old 10th January 2018, 04:24 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Women!

Not content with 'Doctor Who' and 'Ghostbusters', we've now laid claim to Danny Ocean
Looks like we can add 'Sherlock' to that list!

The eight-part series, set in modern-day Tokyo, and starring Yuko Takeuchi as Sherlock and Shihori Kanjiya as Dr Watson / Dr Wato Tachibana, is due to premier in April, 2018

Sherlock is getting a reboot with both main roles played by women | Metro News
bleakshaun likes this.

Old 10th January 2018, 02:37 PM
Cult Addict

Not TV but Radio; happening in May
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42633173

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!