Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2019, 07:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It looks good, and I'm hoping for a pretty faithful page to screen adaptation but I don't remember an army of stake weilding nuns
I hope they remember to put the Mantis in at some point.
Rik, Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th October 2019, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I hope they remember to put the Mantis in at some point.
I might give Argento’s Dracula a rewatch to see if I still think it’s dogshit
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th October 2019, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I might give Argento’s Dracula a rewatch to see if I still think it’s dogshit
It's a masterpiece in comparison to last years Halloween film.
Demoncrat, Dave Boy and iank like this.
Old 28th October 2019, 04:14 PM
Cult Master

Radio rather than television

October 31st - Radio 4 - 6.30pm - 'Little Brexit'

Little Britain returns for Brexit special | BBC News

"The BBC comedy show Little Britain is to return for a one-off Radio 4 special, called Little Brexit.

Matt Lucas and David Walliams will reunite to bring the popular show back to the radio station where it began life in 2000.

Returning characters will include Lou and Andy, Dafydd "the only gay in the village" and Vicky Pollard.

The Brexit-themed episode will air on 31 October - the date the Prime Minister wanted the UK to leave the EU.

That date is now set to be delayed until 31 January 2020 after the EU agreed to the UK's extension request.

Little Britain moved from radio to TV in 2003, running for three series, and went on to win back-to-back Bafta awards for best comedy programme.

"Matt Lucas and David Walliams are uniquely talented writers and performers as well as one of the UK's most loved comedy duos," said Radio 4 comedy commissioning editor Sioned Wiliam.

"It's a privilege to have them back on Radio 4, where Little Britain first began almost 20 years ago."

Joining Lucas and Walliams for the politically-charged comeback special will be original cast members, Ruth Jones and Anthony Head, as well as narrator Tom Baker.

Other characters confirmed to appear include Emily Howard, Marjorie Dawes and Mr Mann."

As far as I am concerned, 'Little Britain' was amusing for the first episode, had outstayed it's welcome by the second, and by the third had turned into something that was offensive for the sake of being offensive
it'smebilly likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th October 2019, 08:42 AM
Cult Master

BFI Southbank

TV Preview: Dracula + Q&A with writers Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, actor Claes Bang and exec producer Sue Vertue

Screening date: Monday 09 December 2019 at 18:15
Tickets on sale: Tuesday 12 November 2019 at 11.30

"Coming soon to BBC One, three feature-length episodes will re-introduce the world to Dracula, the vampire who made evil sexy. In Transylvania in 1897, the blood-drinking Count is making plans against Victorian London. And be warned: the dead travel fast. Award-winning Danish actor Claes Bang (The Girl in the Spider’s Web, The Affair) stars as Dracula in Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss’ brand new mini-series, inspired by Bram Stoker’s classic novel."

Apparently episode 1 is 90 minutes long

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th October 2019, 02:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blimey, TV adaptations of War of the Worlds and Dracula in the same year?

The ambassador spoils us.
it'smebilly and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 31st October 2019, 04:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Heads up people - The upcoming television programme thread

Apparently in the new BBC Dracula, the titular Count is gonna be bisexual, just seen someone post a link from the S*n “newspaper” on Facebook, didn’t read it and I’m not posting it here because that would mean clicking on the link and tbh I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than read anything printed/posted by that shower of shite excuse for a paper!

Edit: deleted the last part because it’s a pointless observation
trebor8273 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Last edited by Rik; 31st October 2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 31st October 2019, 04:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Apparently in the new BBC Dracula, the titular Count is gonna be bisexual, just seen someone post a link from the S*n “newspaper” on Facebook, didn’t read it and I’m not posting it here because that would mean clicking on the link and tbh I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than read anything printed/posted by that shower of shite excuse for a paper!

Edit: deleted the last part because it’s a pointless observation
Tbh all papers are rubbish one way or other, e.g. The star it's more interested in what's going on in reality shows etc than printing news .
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 31st October 2019, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Tbh all papers are rubbish one way or other, e.g. The star it's more interested in what's going on in reality shows etc than printing news .
Left or right they all terrible , we in the UK must easily have the worst press in the world. Hell a bunch of chimps could to a better job than the rags that call themselves newspapers.
Old 31st October 2019, 04:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Completely agree, think we’d best leave it there before it turns into a politician discussion
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!