Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2020, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict

They've also been showing Tales of the unexpected but it's now got to series 4 and beyond. so it's getting shitter by the episode.
Mojo and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 25th October 2020, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
They've also been showing Tales of the unexpected but it's now got to series 4 and beyond. so it's getting shitter by the episode.
Can watch all episodes if type in search bar,
Think I’ll do that since loads I’ve not seen.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 31st October 2020, 05:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

For those who don’t have britbox New spitting image tonight ITV 10pm.
Old 18th November 2020, 12:04 PM
Cult Master

December on The Horror Channel: Seasonal Shocks

5th - 'Skyline': The residents of Los Angeles are awakened in the dead of night by an eerie light which is hypnotically drawing people outside before they suddenly vanish into thin air. As the world unravels, a band of survivors soon discover they must fight against the onslaught of a mysterious alien horde. Who or what are these extra-terrestrials and how long before mankind succumbs to their overwhelming power?

13th - 'Sinister': Desperately in need of a best seller to revive his struggling career, true crime writer Ellison (Ethan Hawke), moves his family to the scene of his most recent story; the unsolved, gruesome murder of a loving, happy suburban family. Shunned by the local community and strained by his obligations to his family, the discovery of a batch of home movies in the attic offers Ellison shocking proof to the crime he is investigating and the terrifying realisation that his investigation may be putting his family in mortal danger.

'Bad Samaritan': A small-time crook, who runs a valet parking scam, robbing rich client's houses while they dine at a fancy Italian restaurant, inadvertently stumbles upon a far more dangerous criminal - a sadistic serial killer played by Doctor Who legend David Tennant - earning a chance to redeem himself. An audacious throwback to 90s thrillers, this crazy and outrageous jump-scare exploiter piles on the suspense and rips along at a nonstop pace to mind-chilling contemporary paranoia.

20th - 'The Woman in Black': Based on the classic ghost story, Hammer's film tells the tale of Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe), a lawyer who is forced to leave his young son and travel to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House. Working alone, Kipps begins to uncover the town's tragic secrets and his fears escalate when he discovers that local children have been disappearing under mysterious circumstances. When those closest to him become threatened by the vengeful woman in black, Kipps must find a way to break the cycle of terror.

21st - 'Christine': High school geek Arnie Cunningham falls in love with "Christine", a bright red 1958 Plymouth Fury which has seen much better days. Setting himself the task of restoring the car to its original condition, Arnie has become consumed with passion for the sleek, rounded, chrome-laden car. His friends are horrified but it's too late - anyone seeking to come between them becomes the victim of Christine's horrifying wrath.

24th - 'Priest' Based on a popular comic book series, Paul Bettany stars as a warrior priest who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff (Cam Gigandet) and a priestess (Maggie Q) to track down a band of renegade vampires who have kidnapped his niece.

25th - 'P2': Angela Bridges (Rachel Nichols), an ambitious executive, is supposed to be at a family gathering working late. When she gets down to the parking garage, she discovers that her car won't start. Thomas (Wes Bentley), a friendly security guard, offers to help, but when he also invites her to share a small Christmas dinner he's preparing, she doesn't realise the invitation is not optional. If Angela wants to live to see Christmas morning, she must find a way to escape from level P2 of the parking garage.

26th - 'Wind Chill': Two college students share a ride home for the holidays. When they break down on a deserted stretch of road, they're preyed upon by the ghosts of people who have died there
trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st December 2020, 03:59 PM
Cult Master

Keep some DVD's for the last week of December people!

From what I am led to believe, this is the confirmed schedule for BBC1 over the Christmas and New Year period
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (88.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (90.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (88.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (90.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (90.4 KB, 13 views)
trebor8273 likes this.

Old 1st December 2020, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Is there a ghost story on Christmas Eve this year? Tend to be on BBC4?
Old 1st December 2020, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

From what I am led to believe, this is the confirmed schedule for BBC1 over the Christmas and New Year period
What a load of shite, do people remember the days when their was good stuff on tv Christmas and New year.
Old 1st December 2020, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
What a load of shite, do people remember the days when their was good stuff on tv Christmas and New year.
Xmas and new year, can remember the days when decent stuff was on all year round, now we literally have 100s of channels, things like Netflix, Apple , prime tv loads of others etc etc and still struggle to find something to watch, without resorting to watching something we’ve already seen before.
Old 1st December 2020, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

Holy Crap on a cracker, what the heck is the BBC doing, who picked all this..some boring old fart that has no life and wants us to watch what they want? Christmas is suppose to be a happy time not long and boring time, ok there is some kids films on Christmas Eve but for Christmas day c'mon BBC exec's give us better T.V listings, what am I paying a tv license for.
Susan Foreman and trebor8273 like this.
Old 1st December 2020, 07:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is there a ghost story on Christmas Eve this year? Tend to be on BBC4?
I don't know. I have only seen the schedules for BBC1 at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Xmas and new year, can remember the days when decent stuff was on all year round, now we literally have 100s of channels, things like Netflix, Apple , prime tv loads of others etc etc and still struggle to find something to watch, without resorting to watching something we’ve already seen before.
To quote Pink Floyd in the song 'Nobody Home' from the 1979 album 'The Wall':

"I've got a little black book with my poems in
Got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone in
I got elastic bands keepin' my shoes on
Got those swollen-hand blues
I got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from"
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!