Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2020, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is there a ghost story on Christmas Eve this year? Tend to be on BBC4?
Only ghost story shown so far is A Christmas Carol with Simon Callow
Old 1st December 2020, 08:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just checked bbc 4.
**** all ghost story.

The BBC 2 schedules don't show that far in front....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st December 2020, 10:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Keep some DVD's for the last week of December people!

From what I am led to believe, this is the confirmed schedule for BBC1 over the Christmas and New Year period

Seriously

The wall
Sewing bee
Gavin and Stacey
Miranda

Wtf bbc are seriously taking the piss and having a laugh at our expense.

Doctor who and dunkirk are only thing on the list that I might watch.
Old 1st December 2020, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I don't know. I have only seen the schedules for BBC1 at the moment

To quote Pink Floyd in the song 'Nobody Home' from the 1979 album 'The Wall':

"I've got a little black book with my poems in
Got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone in
I got elastic bands keepin' my shoes on
Got those swollen-hand blues
I got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from"
Well compared to the shite on tv these days bet half on the shows on the 13 channels then are godsend compared to today’s dribble.
iank likes this.
Old 2nd December 2020, 05:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Keep some DVD's for the last week of December people!

From what I am led to believe, this is the confirmed schedule for BBC1 over the Christmas and New Year period
Some excellent animated/family films there: Moana, Coco, Paddington 2, Kung Fu Panda, Beauty and the Beast, Monsters vs Aliens, The Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and How to Train Your Dragon 3.

For adults, Dunkirk is a terrific film.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 2nd December 2020, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Talks about garbage tv itv not exactly any better,

Full monty dancing on ice,
Who behind the mask

Seriously can tv get any worse ?
Old 2nd December 2020, 09:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

WHICH IS WHY WE ALL HAVE HUGE' TO WATCH ' PILES!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd December 2020, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
WHICH IS WHY WE ALL HAVE HUGE' TO WATCH ' PILES!
And there me thinking it’s because there isn’t enough hours in the day to watch the amount of films you buy.
Old 12th December 2020, 08:23 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is there a ghost story on Christmas Eve this year? Tend to be on BBC4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Just checked bbc 4.
**** all ghost story.

The BBC 2 schedules don't show that far in front....
Quite a lot on BBC2 by the looks of things, unless you live in Northern Ireland that is!:

'Martin's Close' - Thu 24 Dec - 10:15pm-10:45pm - BBC Two (not Northern Ireland)

"In 1684, John Martin is on trial for his life, but this is not a cut and dried murder case because the young woman he is accused of killing has been seen after her death. Mark Gatiss's adaptation of MR James' ghost story, starring Peter Capaldi, Wilf Scolding, Simon Williams, Sara Crowe, James Holmes and Fisayo Akinade"

'The Dead Room' - Thu 24 Dec - 10:45pm-11:15pm - BBC Two (not Northern Ireland)

" Ghost story written and directed by Mark Gatiss that is set in the studios of a long-running radio horror series. The presenter of the show (Simon Callow) resents the fact that he must adapt to changing times and tastes, but during an eerie night's work, he begins to suspect that dark forces are at work in the studio and his own past may not be as buried as he expected. With Anjli Mohindra, Susan Penhaligon and Joshua Oakes-Rogers."

'The Lost Ghost Story with Mark Gatiss' - Thu 24 Dec - 11:15pm-12:15am - BBC Two (not Northern Ireland)

"The actor and writer examines the life and career of author MR James, trying to discover how this devout Anglican bachelor created supernatural tales that continue to chill readers more than a century on. He visits James's childhood home in Suffolk as well as Eton College and King's College, Cambridge, the two institutions where he spent most of his life, and ventures into ancient churches, dark cloisters and echoing libraries along the way as he attempt to uncover the writer's inspirations."
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd December 2020, 04:01 PM
Cult Master

January on The Horror Channel: Horror Channel ushers in New Year with monstrous Saturday night premieres

5th - 'Radius'L Liam wakes from a car crash with no memory of who he is. As he makes his way into town to look for help, he finds only dead bodies, all with strange pale eyes. Liam's first assessment is that a virus is present in the air but he soon discovers the terrible truth: anyone who comes within a 50-foot radius of him dies instantly.

9th - 'Pacific Heights': Patty (Melanie Griffith) and Drake (Matthew Modine) want their downstairs tenant, Carter Hayes (Michael Keaton), to pay the rent. He won't. They want him to leave. He won't. And Hayes, a sociopathic scam artist, has made sure he has the law on his side. As he tries to drive them out of their own home, the couple must take drastic measures to fight back.

10th - 'Frankenstein': Adam (Xavier Samuel) is artificially created with a revolutionary 3D printer by married research scientists. But when bodily malfunctions relegate him to the scrapheap, Adam faces nothing but aggression and violence from the world around him as he discovers the true nature of humanity. Told from the Monster's perspective and showcasing a stunning performance by Twilight's Xavier Samuel, this brilliant adaptation gives horror icon Tony Todd his best role in years as blind hobo Eddie.

14th - 'Honeymoon': Young newlyweds Paul (Harry Treadaway) and Bea (Rose Leslie) travel to a remote, romantic lake country for their honeymoon. Shortly after arriving though, Paul finds Bea wandering in the forest for no apparent reason. As her behaviour gets increasingly peculiar, He begins to suspect something more sinister than sleepwalking took place deep in the woods.

16th - 'Last Shift': Rookie police officer, Jessica Loren (Juliana Harkavy), has been assigned the last shift at a transitioning police station and must wait for a hazmat crew to pick up biomedical evidence. Ordered not to leave the station under any circumstance, Jessica comes to learn that it's more than just an outdated station, it is home to the ultimate embodiment of evil and his devoted blood thirsty followers. Jessica is left to fend for herself in the Devil's playground.

21st - 'Dark Skies': The Barrett family start to experience an escalating series of disturbing phenomena occurring around their suburban home, leading them to believe that they are being targeted by an unimaginable deadly force. They soon realise that they must uncover this deadly mystery, by any means necessary, before it's too late.

23rd - 'Nightbreed': Boone may be a troubled young man, but his troubles are just beginning. Set up as the fall guy in a string of slasher murders by a serial-killing psychiatrist (David Cronenberg), he decides he'll hide by crossing the threshold that separates "us" from "them" and sneak into the forbidden realm of Midian. Boone will live among the monsters. They are the Nightbreed, denizens of a world beyond death.

24th - 'Serenity': This edge-of-your-seat adventure is about a renegade crew who agree to hide a fugitive with a deadly secret aboard their ship.

30th - 'Black Death': Plague-ridden medieval England: the country is in a death-ridden turmoil. One hope remains - rumours of a village that is unaffected by the deadly disease. As God's ambassador, young monk Osmund (Eddie Redmayne) is tasked in leading the fearsome knight Ulrich (Sean Bean) and his group of mercenaries to the remote village. Their quest is to hunt down a necromancer - someone able to bring the dead back to life. It's a quest that will put their faith to the ultimate test...
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!