Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2021, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just seen announced new line of duty series starts next month 21/3 .
Old 27th February 2021, 08:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kelsey Grammer 'gleefully anticipates' reboot of Frasier
Actor will reprise his role in the return of one of television’s most successful sitcoms after 17 years

The tossed salads and scrambled eggs are calling again and Frasier is coming back in the building, it has been announced, with the return of one of television’s most successful sitcoms.

A reboot of Frasier has been ordered by the new US streaming service Paramount+ with Kelsey Grammer returning to the title role, one he debuted as Diane’s new boyfriend in an episode of Cheers in 1984.

Frasier made Grammer and fellow cast members huge stars, their foibles and quirks known intimately by different generations of British viewers thanks to endless, but eagerly lapped up, repeats on Channel 4.

“Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world,” said Grammer. “I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr Frasier Crane.”

David Stapf, the president of CBS Studios, which will make the show, said Frasier was “one of the most acclaimed comedies in modern television history and truly defines premium storytelling”.

“There has long been a call from fans for its return, and that call is now answered,” he said.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 27th February 2021, 11:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Despite lots of American sitcoms on a constant loop on ch4 and other channels,
Frasier
Cheers
Taxi
And likes tbh I’ve never watched a single episode of any of them, I’ve seen bits and clips but just never grabbed me enough to watch them, I’m like that with just about every American sitcom/ comedy .
Old 1st March 2021, 04:16 PM
Cult Master

"FX is getting to set to unleash an “American Horror Story” spinoff series titled “American Horror Stories,” which will be found exclusively on “FX on Hulu.”

The Ryan Murphy-created spinoff series will feature “one-hour contained episodes”

Murphy explains, “We are doing 16 one hour stand alone episodes delving into horror myths, legends and lore…many of these episodes will feature AHS stars you know and love.”"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st March 2021, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Despite lots of American sitcoms on a constant loop on ch4 and other channels,
Frasier
Cheers
Taxi
And likes tbh I’ve never watched a single episode of any of them, I’ve seen bits and clips but just never grabbed me enough to watch them, I’m like that with just about every American sitcom/ comedy .
Frasier is head and shoulders above most British Stuff of late and is very well written and acted and has aged better than taxi and cheers too a lesser extent.

Rewatching it and it's just so well written and the main cast members just shine in there respective roles. Much better than the crap like Mrs Brown's boys and Miranda that's passing for British comedy now.

But it's a show that helps to watch from the beginning as it helps to get too know the characters as they continue too grow each episode , so later episodes can be confusing if you haven't been watching from day one.

Really don't even need to watch cheers to find out about fraisers character as the show has little impact on Frasier , apart from some cameos. Hell in cheers we are told his farther is dead and was a scientist not a cop, this is later bought up in the show.

Really into minds about the reboot, after all this time will it still work and Grammer being 66 will be more or less the age is father Martin was supposed to be when the show aired

But at the end of the day we all have different tastes , which is a good thing. Tried that superstore you mentioned but found it terribly unfunny and it all seemed way too forced for my liking and is American comedy at its worst. but as I said we all have different tastes and sense of humor

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st March 2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 1st March 2021, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Frasier is head and shoulders above most British Stuff of late and is very well written and acted and has aged better than taxi and cheers too a lesser extent.

Rewatching it and it's just so well written and the main cast members just shine in there respective roles. Much better than the crap like Mrs Brown's boys and Miranda that's passing for British comedy now.

But it's a show that helps to watch from the beginning as it helps to get too know the characters as they continue too grow each episode , so later episodes can be confusing if you haven't been watching from day one.

Really don't even need to watch cheers to find out about fraisers character as the show has little impact on Frasier , apart from some cameos. Hell in cheers we are told his farther is dead and was a scientist not a cop, this is later bought up in the show.

Really into minds about the reboot, after all this time will it still work and Grammer being 66 will be more or less the age is father Martin was supposed to be when the show aired

But at the end of the day we all have different tastes , which is a good thing. Tried that superstore you mentioned but found it terribly unfunny and it all seemed way too forced for my liking and is American comedy at its worst. but as I said we all have different tastes and sense of humor
Maybe if I did watch them I probably would like them just never bothered, I didn't mind Mrs Brown's boys first series or so but I now can see it for what it is awfull, as for superstore yes I can see what you mean how some stuff is forced, and as for stuff like Miranda yea it terrible and embarrassing and completely unfunny and how bad comedy stooped to being so low.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 2nd March 2021, 03:39 PM
Cult Master

BBC Three will return to TV screens after six-year break / BBC News

"BBC Three will return as a fully-fledged TV channel in January 2022, six years after it moved online.

The channel has since been responsible for major hits including Fleabag, Normal People and Killing Eve - prompting calls for its resurrection.

Last year, BBC research concluded there was a "strong case" for it to come back as a regular TV channel, focusing on younger audiences..."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th March 2021, 04:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/365...rain-apple-tv/

‘ TV‘I Saw The Devil’ Filmmaker Kim Jee-Woon Directing Sci-fi Series “Dr. Brain” for Apple TV+Published 1 hour ago on March 4, 2021 By John Squires

The director of A Tale of Two Sisters and I Saw the Devil, South Korean filmmaker Kim Jee-Woon has set up his next project, writing and directing “Dr. Brain” for Apple TV+.

Deadline explains that the Korean-language sci-fi/thriller series is based on the same-titled webtoon, with Parasite actor Lee Sun-Kyun on board to lead the cast.

“Dr. Brain follows a brain scientist who is obsessive about figuring out new technologies to access the consciousness and memories of the brain. His life goes sideways when his family falls victim to a mysterious accident, and he uses his skills to access memories from his wife’s brain to piece together the mystery of what actually happened to his family and why.”

The series is expected to launch later this year
Old 6th March 2021, 03:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/wegot...evon-sawa/amp/

Chucky TV Series Announces Its Cast, Includes Devon Sawa

Syfy’s Chucky TV series isn’t far away now, and with filming just about to begin, the cast of the Child’s Play franchise spinoff has been revealed. From the mind of creator Don Mancini and Channel Zero‘s Nick Antosca, Chucky will see Brad Dourif return to voice the murderous doll, something we’ve known since the series’ inception. Thanks to Collider, though, the rest of the roster has now been unveiled.

For starters, Final Destination star Devon Sawa has signed up for a major role in the production, though the specifics of his character are unknown. The show’s four young leads, meanwhile, will be played by Zackary Arthur (Transparent), Teo Briones (Ratched), Bjorgvin Arnarson (PEN15) and Alyvia Alyn Lind (The Young and the Restless). And finally, as well as Child’s Play vet Dourif, Jennifer Tilly has also confirmed she’ll be back as Chucky’s bride, Tiffany.

The series will open with a vintage Chucky doll being discovered at a suburban yard sale in a seemingly idyllic all-American town. Soon after, the neighborhood is plunged into chaos as a number of horrifying murders unfold, exposing the town’s hypocrisies and secrets. Elsewhere, enemies and allies from Chucky’s past arrive on the scene and threaten to expose the truth behind the killings. Interestingly for fans, the show will also dive into the untold origins of Charles Lee Ray and reveal how an ordinary child became a monster.

The TV series will be the eighth installment in the horror franchise, following 1988’s Child’s Play and its various sequels – the last of which was 2017’s Cult of Chucky. That’s not including 2019’s Child’s Play reboot which took place in a completely different continuity and didn’t involve Mancini. In contrast, this project is definitely furthering the saga that began 33 years ago.

A specific release date hasn’t been given as yet, but you can check out the teaser trailer in the player above ahead of Chucky arriving later this year.
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 6th March 2021, 03:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...-the-talisman/

Stranger Things creators teaming up with Netflix and Steven Spielberg for new Stephen King show
After decades of planning, The Talisman is coming to the small screen.
Stranger Things creators Matt and Ross Duffer are teaming up with Netflix and Steven Spielberg to bring Stephen King's The Talisman to the small screen.

Spielberg acquired the screen rights to the book all the way back in 1982, before it was even published, and had been trying to develop it into a film for over three decades

However, the project is now set to be adapted into a Netflix series instead, with the Duffer Brothers on board as executive producers alongside Spielberg.

The Talisman tells the story of Jack Sawyer, a 12-year-old boy who sets off on an epic quest to save his mother, who is dying of cancer. He is in search of the Talisman, an ancient crystal that can not only heal his mother, but also save the world.

Jack's journey sees him venture through two different realities: the America he already knows, and its more dangerous, fantasy-world alternative known as The Territories.

Stranger Things executive producer Curtis Gwinn will be writing the series, while also serving as a showrunner.

Further details about the series, including casting announcements, are yet to be made, with the project still in the very early stages of development.

As ever, Spielberg has an impossibly busy slate ahead of him for the next few years, although it was recently announced that he'll no longer be directing Indiana Jones

Like this? Share it using the links below!