Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Memory Lane: The TV Nostalgia Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/1343-memory-lane-tv-nostalgia-thread.html)

Gold6082 23rd May 2009 05:14 AM

Memory Lane: The TV Nostalgia Thread

I was Born In 82, So I grew up with fond memorys, clear as if they were yesterday. What did you watch and enjoy as a child before school/college/after & in the holidays??.

For me I used to love Aussie gems

Pugwall & The Miracolous Mellops both on channel 4 over 4 years of summer hols 10am ish.I used to play up if I missed these.

When I was around 8 I loved

Button Moon, Raggy Dolls, and the afternoon aussie soaps , Sons and Daughters & Young Dr's Straight after school.

I have the latter on Dvd now.

Motormouth,going live, were 2 of the saturday morning kids shows which are now a thing of the past.

the good Ol Days where life was simple and Tv sad but solid Gold SAD :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th May 2009 10:03 AM

Red Hand Gang?
The Littlest Hobo?
Salem's Lot?

:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th May 2009 10:05 AM

Mr Ben?
BOD?
Hong Kong Phooey?

:cool:

Gold6082 24th May 2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 29127)
Red Hand Gang?
The Littlest Hobo?
Salem's Lot?

:D

I remember watching littlest Hobo on ITV mornings around 1992-1994 ish. Loved it ............theres a voice keeps on calling me down the road blah blah. :rofl:

Gold6082 24th May 2009 02:58 PM

I remember many of them being re run in my time. I enjoyed BBC 2 rerunning the first 4 years worth of Grange Hill sunday mornings in the early 90's. I enjoyed Mr Bronson Immensely Poor KENDALLLLLLL had a rough ride with him.

Watched Airwolf on Bravo in the late 90's also.

Knightmare was on ITV before Home & Away late 80's if i recall?, A game show with that viking type guy??? my memory is just about working.

Used to Love He-Man in the mid 80's when I was 5 or so.

I remember vaguely afternoon quizes at that time, were the original going for gold,Turnabout and give us a clue.

Also does anyone remember creepy crawlie's?? channel 4 1990 time Lambeth the beetle etc??.

vincenzo 24th May 2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 29153)
I remember many of them being re run in my time. I enjoyed BBC 2 rerunning the first 4 years worth of Grange Hill sunday mornings in the early 90's.

I watched it when it was originally shown and had the hots for Cathy Hargreaves. :o

gax 24th May 2009 06:56 PM

A team
Street Hawk
The whiz kids (not sure on title,geeky kids with a C64)
Number 73
Jamie and his magic torch
The gophers (BRILLIANT)
Moonlighting
Soap

WORST TV PROGRAM EVER
Why Dont You?

Wilson Bros 27th May 2009 07:29 PM

Funny how some of the cast of Number 73 turned out...

One's a lesbian.
One's a multi-awarding-winning film director.
And one presented Art Attack for nearly two decades.

Kev W

mark meakin 2nd June 2009 08:01 AM

I grew up as a kid (then teenager) with:-
Planet Of The Apes
The Incredible Hulk
Streethawk
Airwolf & the vastly inferior Blue Thunder spin-off (Though I own both on dvd)
Logan's Run
Beyond Westworld
The Time Tunnel
The Invaders
UFO
Thunderbirds
Sky (Can barely remember this but the blue-eyed kid has haunted me since childhood.Now out I believe from NETWORK.)
The Moon Stallion
Children Of The Stones
Raven
The Feathered Serpent (Diane Keen-Drool !)
DR WHO-The Baker years with some of my favourite adventures including IMAGE OF THE FENDAHL.
Man From Atlantis
Six Million Dollar Man (I especially remember the 'Bigfoot' episodes)
Night Gallery
Kolchak-The Nightstalker which I saw on its premiere on Central TV in 1983.This was a good while before it was rescreened on the BBC 2 horror season with Doctor Terror .
There were also the great horror double bills on BBC 2 & the extensive Universal horror season on channel 4 at a time when the station also showed classy fare like The Twilight Zone & Boris Karloff's THRILLER.