• 1 Post By LaughingWindows
  • 1 Post By keirarts
  • 2 Post By keirarts
  • 1 Post By Demoncrat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2017, 01:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Obscure shows

Are there any TV shows you remember that everyone else seems to have forgotten?
I was just thinking today about this show called News at Twelve, a 1988 kids comedy series about this 12 year old who hosts his own (imaginary) news show from his bedroom, mainly consisting of stories about his family and life. I have like one episode on a VHS tape and that's it. It was actually rather funny IIRC and I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but there's zero trace of it even on YouTube...
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th June 2017, 02:17 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Interesting thread. I'll come up with things tomorrow.
Old 19th June 2017, 03:08 AM
Active Cultist

For me there is Nowhere Man, something or somebody erased Thomas Veils whole identity because of a photograph he took...and THEY want it. He's gone, he doesn't exist. All traces of his life gone and his family like goes along with it. So he just travels the country and tries to find out why and who did this. Along this travels he becomes involved in side stories, weird ones and in the end they always have something to do with his erased life. I loved this ****ing show. Only one season was made.

Then there's Profit. Jim Profit was raised in a cardboard box with a hole cut in the side with a constant TV playing. He kills his father when he becomes a teenager by chaining him to the bed and setting fire. He HATES television. He gets involved in business and he does everything he can to get in with this family who he thinks are ideal. He's clever and very dark....but when he goes home at night and its time to sleep, he crawls into a box. : )

I am not good at explaining but I hope you caught my drift. I have another but I'll let others post.
Old 19th June 2017, 02:03 PM
Cult Addict

Salvage One (1979).

keirarts likes this.
Old 19th June 2017, 02:07 PM
Cult Addict

If the above floats your boat, here's the pilot episodes for your enjoyment.

Old 19th June 2017, 02:49 PM
Cult Addict

Dick Spanner P.I.

gag, Demoncrat, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:51 AM
Ex-member

Enjoyed the hell of Nowhere Man ^

I was crushed in '99 when this was cancelled after only one season(a fitting 13 episodes though)
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:54 AM
Cult Addict

Profit and brimstone were both great shows!
LaughingWindows likes this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:14 PM
Cult Addict

lost room.jpg

I was gutted this never got more seasons. Essentially 'something' happened in a new mexico motel room that caused it to 'cease to exist'. No one remebers it and theres a space where the room used to be. Artefacts from the room seem to have appeared across the world and a subculture of collectors are warring against each other to own them. Each artefact has special properties gifted to them from the 'incident' and the owners of the artefacts see their lives fall apart due to owning them. The lead character stumbles across 'the key' which grants him access to themotel room, it works in any lock and seems to reset when the door is closed by someone outside the room. The lead characters daughter is in the room when it resets so he must go on a quest to find 'the occupant' of the room in order to get his kid back.
Its a very well written and original show that should be fairly easy to pick up on DVD.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 22nd June 2017, 05:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

TV Offal
Channel 4 show now best remembered for rather cheeky Daleks spoofs. From the mind of Victor Lewis Smith....who apparently is bringing us some "Undiscovered Daleks" shortly. I detect japery!!!
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!