Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Game of Thrones (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13630-game-thrones.html)

Justin101 26th July 2017 09:03 PM

I'd literally never heard him sing until that scene haha. I had known one of his songs because it's a busker favourite (The A Team) but I'd never heard Ed sing it haha

Rik 26th July 2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 543735)
I'd literally never heard him sing until that scene haha. I had known one of his songs because it's a busker favourite (The A Team) but I'd never heard Ed sing it haha

Oh how I envy you!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th July 2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 543732)
At least he didn't ****ing sing...oh wait!

The episode would have been so much better if Arya had killed all those soldiers in a cold blooded and memorable way!

Demoncrat 27th July 2017 09:51 AM

For all that
The one thing I miss from the books are the songs ... ;)

Dave Boy 31st July 2017 07:06 PM

S7 EP 3 -The Queen's Justice

Another good episode.

We need to sort out a plan about spoilers in this thread. Looks like no-one else has seen the latest episode yet so I can't say anything.
What's the best way? No spoilers until after the Mon evening airing?

Rik 31st July 2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 544443)

Another good episode.

We need to sort out a plan about spoilers in this thread. Looks like no-one else has seen the latest episode yet so I can't say anything.

I watched it first thing this morning, like you say, another great episode :nod:

I suppose spoiler tags could be used, some people might wait until the seasons finished and binge watch

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st July 2017 07:09 PM

From a moderators point of view i'd say no spoilers until it has aired on UK tv (whichever Sky channel that may be).

As soon as the episode has aired then feel free to discuss.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st July 2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 544443)

Another good episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 544445)
From a moderators point of view i'd say no spoilers until it has aired on UK tv (whichever Sky channel that may be).

As soon as the episode has aired then feel free to discuss.

I would say avoided discussing any episode until after 10 PM on the Monday evening, so we are now free to talk about every detail in The Queen's Justice – if you haven't seen it, do not read on!

I loved the exchanges between Jon Snow, Dany, and Tyrion, both separately and together at Dragonstone – Emilia Clark and Kit Harrington have been criticised for their acting, but they really impressed in this episode.

The opening sequence with the prisoners from episode 2, and Cersei taking revenge on the Sand Sisters was particularly brilliant and disturbing, something reflected in the wonderful exchange between Jaime and Olenna, with her erasing any doubt that Jaimie had about Tyrion's guilt and his sisters cruelty. It'll be interesting to see whether she is able to keep the loyalty – and love – of her commander-in-chief.

Perhaps the most interesting scene was between Bran and Sansa, as what he was saying would have been dismissed with the same ease that Dany expressed scepticism in the army of the dead, but the way Bran casually told her about was neither life would have removed any doubts she had about what his (dubious) claim meant in reality.

Justin101 1st August 2017 09:16 AM

I wish sometimes that the cast was relatively unknown, I know being asked to perform in the show must hold a certain cache, but it really throws you out of the moment when a 'celebrity' shows up because you spend a second or two thinking is that Mark Gatiss, oh yes, it is...

Same with Jim Broadbent and to a lesser extent Jerome Flynn :lol:

Great episode though, that scene with Jaime Lannister and Lady Olenna was what I've been waiting for... "he really was a ****" :lol:

Dave Boy 1st August 2017 09:29 AM

I thought Sir Gregor was going to be let loose on Ellaria and her daughter.