Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree289Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2019, 02:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I have a few small issues with the season like the nightking death was way to fast and easy. Jamie and Cersei's death felt very rushed i expected her to get a better death after all she had done. All of Aryas training with the faceless men could of been used so much better in the final season but it was like it never happened because she never used any of it again. Jon Snow was just brooding and apart from his scene with Dany he did very little. Finally Tormund never got the big woman
Old 21st May 2019, 02:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I have a few small issues with the season like the nightking death was way to fast and easy. Jamie and Cersei's death felt very rushed i expected her to get a better death after all she had done. All of Aryas training with the faceless men could of been used so much better in the final season but it was like it never happened because she never used any of it again. Jon Snow was just brooding and apart from his scene with Dany he did very little. Finally Tormund never got the big woman
So many memes going around because they each got paid around $1 million per episode in this final season so essentially Jon Snow got millions to brood and say 'My Queen' a lot, and Cersei got to stand in a window drinking wine
Nordicdusk likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st May 2019, 02:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I pretty much agree with that Nos, I enjoyed what happened for the most part, I was pleased with Ayra's concluding story and happy for Sansa.

Not great in terms of cringe 'light-hearted' bits like Edmure presenting himself for King and Sam suggesting democracy and the various chuckles. Don't get me started on Bran either... but overall, I appreciated it.
Sam is just ahead of his time!

I thought the bit with Edmure giving his speech and then put in his place in no uncertain terms was funny just because it showed how some people have learned, grown, and developed over time. He hasn't. It reinforced, compared to several years ago, how smart and confident Sansa is and why she is the rightful Queen in the North.

As for Bran the Broken (First of His Name), I can't really think of another way of resolving the King of the (now six) Kingdoms issue. Sansa and Jon/Aegon are well qualified, but neither want it. No one would accept Yara Greyjoy, nor the now grown up Robin Arryn. Gendry would have a legitimate claim, but is too inexperienced in statecraft and would just be a puppet for his Hand and council.

Bran is the obvious choice when you need someone to make a clear sighted decision, one based on reason rather than emotion and backed up by a weight of historical protocol. If he knows everything that has ever happened, what is currently happening, and has flashes of the future, that would make him a very wise and mentally powerful monarch.
g053584398 and Justin101 like this.
Old 21st May 2019, 02:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Seriously! What sad twat actually noticed that water bottle?

I can barely see it on the stills never mind as an episode is playing out. It could be anything.
Old 21st May 2019, 03:05 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I can barely see it on the stills never mind as an episode is playing out. It could be anything.
The actual camera pan that takes in those shots was pretty fast so they obviously played it back in slo-mo to try and catch them out!

Old 21st May 2019, 03:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

You're not the only one who can barely see it because it's not an obvious water bottle and, like I said, I didn't notice it while the scene was playing.

Something I forgot to mention earlier was I'm glad we resolved the Azor Ahai prophecy before the end credits rolled on the last episode. It's something which has been speculated about and subject to all manner of conjecture for several seasons.
Old 21st May 2019, 04:50 PM
Cult Master

We all have slight issues with the final season and for all its flaws lets not forget that it was an amazing ride overall. Never in all my years have i ever loudly cheered or applauded so many times watching a TV show or film. So many amazing memorable moments and characters that will live on for ever.
Old 21st May 2019, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran

It was just rushed, that's the only thing, I can get on board with all of the story arcs if they took a few more episodes to get there!

I watched this review earlier, the guy who does the reviews usually does films, and I watch them all of the time and trust his opinion. He seems to echo everything I thought too.

Old 22nd May 2019, 06:31 AM
Cult Veteran

This is the best GoT season 8 pic I’ve seen so far haha, thanks for posting it Lena.

IMG_1280.jpg

Old 22nd May 2019, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran

Haha I'd forgotten about this, 7:30am this morning seems like a lifetime ago as much as I love Bran with no pants it's Maisie Williams with the big sunglasses that kills me hahah!

Like this? Share it using the links below!