Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree289Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2017, 08:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

EP 4 - SPOILS OF WAR

Oh man! The thundering sound and then the attack by Daenerys and the dragon was bloody awesome. I was not expecting that.
Old 8th August 2017, 08:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I had a full on fanboy moment when I heard that word - epic! And in daylight this time so you could actually see what was happening unlike the Greyjoy battle previously.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th August 2017, 09:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

so how this season been, please no spoilers as im waiting for it to finish and binge watch it
Old 8th August 2017, 09:45 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Stay away, there are loads of spoilers here!

It's a series where things are moving at quite a pace – possibly as a necessity because there are only 12 episodes (including the three which are already screened) remaining in the entire show. There are many moments which will need to be watched, re-watched, and discussed with other people who have also seen it because there are lines which don't appear to mean much but have huge implications.

My next post will be full of spoilers!
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:16 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As for last night's episode – Spoils of War – which followed previous patterns of 30-40 minutes of political machinations and then 10 minutes of carnage, I thought it was superb. There is much to love and discuss, so it's something that will need to be seen several times to appreciate every nuance, probably something which will be done before watching the season finale, after the season is finished, or both.

The final attack by the Dothraki and Dany on Jaimie's forces, butchering and immolating them, and burning their food supplies, was expertly done by the director, actors, stunt people and VFX artists – majestic carnage on a cinematic scale. (That moment where the horse had its leg chopped off made me wince.)

When I said about lines seemingly not meaning much but carrying a great deal of weight, the moment when Bran said something to Littlefinger, making Baelish react more noticeably than he ever has done before, was done so quickly I didn't catch what was said. I had to ask someone and the line was "chaos is a ladder", something which he will have learned as the Three-Eyed Raven, because it was a private conversation between Baelish and Varys in season three. Baelish (like Meera when she expected an emotional parting, Sansa, Arya, and everyone else he will meet) will soon realise Bran is long gone and the Three-Eyed Raven is a very powerful entity who knows everything that ever happened in the Seven Kingdoms.

The ending leaves Jaimie's future up in the air. Will he drown, be taken prisoner and spend his days arguing with Tyrion, or will the to strike an alliance against Cersei, or make his way back to King's Landing to confront his sister/lover with the truth about Joffrey?

Whatever happens, the dagger is certain to feature in the next 12 episodes as it is made of Valyrian steel, and was initially present from Joffrey to the man who nearly killed Bran.
Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:33 AM
Cult Veteran

Nos, are you familiar with the New Rockstars channel on YouTube? They do some really in depth analysis of the shows, usually 30-40 minutes long.

This is the one from last week's episode, I think they're usually uploaded on or around Friday each week.

Old 8th August 2017, 11:16 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Nos, are you familiar with the New Rockstars channel on YouTube? They do some really in depth analysis of the shows, usually 30-40 minutes long.

This is the one from last week's episode, I think they're usually uploaded on or around Friday each week.

I hadn't heard of them until you mention them, but it sounds like something I would appreciate as the show rolls on through this season and next. With studying, I don't have time for much reading/distractions, so a concise summary and analysis would be welcome before a rewatch of the episode.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:19 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I hadn't heard of them until you mention them, but it sounds like something I would appreciate as the show rolls on through this season and next. With studying, I don't have time for much reading/distractions, so a concise summary and analysis would be welcome before a rewatch of the episode.
They do the Marvel and DC universes too, as well as Trailer breakdowns, it was recommended to me by a friend a few weeks back and I really enjoy the videos.

It goes without saying to everyone - but the videos contain spoilers so watch AFTER viewing the subject and not before

Old 8th August 2017, 11:49 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
They do the Marvel and DC universes too, as well as Trailer breakdowns, it was recommended to me by a friend a few weeks back and I really enjoy the videos.

It goes without saying to everyone - but the videos contain spoilers so watch AFTER viewing the subject and not before
I just watched the video thought it was excellent analysis with much to ponder, so I'll probably watch the Spoils of War one on Friday or Saturday followed, immediately, by a rewatch of the episode.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 8th August 2017, 05:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched the latest episode (and have done well not to have a second of it spoiled seeing as I'm a day late this week).
That final battle was nothing short of amazing, I really did think two of my favourite characters (Jaime and Bronn) weren't going to make it out alive!
I'm sure the final 3 episodes ( ) of the season are going to be ****ing epic!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!