Like Tree289Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't think this was the artistry and sophistication of The Sopranos, but it's definitely more exciting.

No, but the ending has been talked about for years now, which was my point, The Sopranos ending was the first thing that sprung to mind when thinking of an example.

As for GOT, I'm cracking on with the books and the faithfulness of the adaption is bang on, with the only notable difference being the ageing of the principal characters (in Danys case for decency reasons seeing as she's a minor when she marries Khal Drogo)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
No, but the ending has been talked about for years now, which was my point, The Sopranos ending was the first thing that sprung to mind when thinking of an example.
I get what you mean because it is one of the most widely interpreted and polarising pieces of TV I can think of, and whatever happens in the last few episodes of GoT, it's something which will be debated until, and probably after, the last book is published.
Rik likes this.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
There are only seven episodes left, one this season and six next year, so there's a hell of a lot of stuff to cover in, unless they are going to start with 90 minute episodes, not a lot of time.
According to reports, that's exactly what they're going to be doing. I believe they're supposed to be around the hour and a half mark. Though, from what I understand, HBO hasn't confirmed this as yet.

We already know that the finale is going to be longer, though. 80 minutes, if I recall. So, I could certainly see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Can see the wall being compromised now they've got a dragon, either next week or at the start of next season
This was running through my mind, as well. It definitely seemed like they needed the dragon and set a plan in motion to get it. At least, to me, anyway.

Quote:
Might that bring in the Bran the Builder-Three-Eyed Raven time travel paradox?
I’m hoping we’ll see something happen with Bran’s story arch at some point. Right now, it’s as if he’s sitting on a wealth of information and not sharing it with anyone. Just doesn’t seem to make sense to me.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:05 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I hope they do extend the episode running times because they only tend to be about 50 minutes long anyway so, over seven episodes, that's losing over an hour from if they didn't have commercials. In order to pack in all information which is required to bring everything to a satisfactory conclusion and not make it ridiculously rushed, they are going to have to find time from somewhere and, with the last season only being six episodes long, the logical solution would be to extend the running time of each one.

I have seen mentioned, whether it's from a leaked script or something else, of a face-to-face meeting between Bran and Jon, with the latter learning of his real parentage. That's the only way they can do that so it has the impact it deserves as sending him a raven with a message saying "Dear Jon, just a quick FYI about your parents…" wouldn't be ideal!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 24th August 2017, 07:32 AM
Cult Master

Why don't you use this thread to talk about interesting things, such as who are the shortest and the tallest people on the show from Peter Dinklage, who is 4'5" (or 1.35m) to Ian Whyte, who is 7'1" (or 2.16m)

Mind you, it's s good to note that Gwendolyn Christie is 6'3" (or 1.91m) - there's hope for me yet!

‘Game Of Thrones' Characters Ordered From Smallest To Tallest | Bored Panda

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th August 2017, 08:48 AM
Cult Veteran

Perhaps that's content for when the current season ends. There is plenty to talk/think about at the moment!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th August 2017, 09:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I wouldn't class clickbait like that interesting
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th August 2017, 10:34 AM
Cult Master

Oh, to be able to watch a television show or film, and have absolutely no interest in the actors and actresses involved!

Old 24th August 2017, 10:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I do have interest in the actors from the show, just doesn't involve how tall they are, what coffee they get from Starbucks etc, which is why I don't read OK magazine
Old 24th August 2017, 10:58 AM
Cult Master

I have no idea what's included in 'OK' Magazine, so if you say it's this kind of thing, I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge

Like this? Share it using the links below!