Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Twin Peaks (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/1672-twin-peaks.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th December 2009 09:05 PM

One thing i've often wondered about TP.Were there actually a few different endings for the series filmed for othet countries? I remember at the time of broadcast they were saying that the uk had a different ending than the one that ran on U.S.tv,or was that just a rumour so that people wouldn't give away the ending?

mbv 2nd February 2010 09:33 PM

In HMV today and saw that Season 2 is getting released in March...this is probably old news but hell I'm excited!!

LineSix 2nd February 2010 10:29 PM

I think anyone that actually really cares about the show at all will already have the Gold Box and have had it for a while now. It's pretty much the definitive Twin Peaks experience without a doubt.

broonage 3rd February 2010 07:30 AM

I have it all on DVD including the movie. Best series after the X Files IMO.

Aurora75 10th March 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 41354)
It's basically set the standard for all TV series after it ended in my opinion and LOST is a 21st century Twin Peaks.

Completely agree, 'Twin Peaks' a masterpiece.
'Fire Walk With Me' is brilliant too, and goes a long way towards explaining what happened in Laura Palmer's final days..

Inspired and hilarious performance by Lynch too as Cooper's Boss :)

Black Gloves 30th March 2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 53646)
One thing i've often wondered about TP.Were there actually a few different endings for the series filmed for othet countries? I remember at the time of broadcast they were saying that the uk had a different ending than the one that ran on U.S.tv,or was that just a rumour so that people wouldn't give away the ending?

This probably refers to the UK VHS "movie" version that got released here, but wasn't seen in the US.
Basically, the pilot episode was released in the UK with an extra half hour added to make it a stand alone TV film. I think you get both versions on the new box set.

cinematheque 18th April 2010 07:59 PM

on the subject ofDavid Lynch did you know he's currently talking about a sequel to Mullholland Drive? No idea where it will go but Lynch is one guy I feel confident to do something interesting

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th April 2010 08:06 PM

He needs to be directing instead of lending his voice to The Cleveland Show!

sgt harry 19th April 2010 01:54 PM

so much to watch

CANIVALE is an exellent show and DEXTER is bieng replayed from season one on FX also sons of anarchy and fringe are standing out at the moment and for the sci fi fan in us all stargate universe is best of a bad bunch at mo nw battlestar galactica series steel box set at hmv only 70notes was 120 well worth it includes everything exept razor and the plan i think. it even has the 15 ep season 1 not the 12 ep you get in the box set

trench 19th April 2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinematheque (Post 75063)
on the subject ofDavid Lynch did you know he's currently talking about a sequel to Mullholland Drive? No idea where it will go but Lynch is one guy I feel confident to do something interesting

He'll probably just rerelease it only it'll play in reverse. In black and white.