Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2011, 02:31 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
Watched the pilot today. This show seems brilliant!
I now really want to know who killed Laura Palmer, haha.

The locations and cinematography was really beautiful too.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far Argentofan; always very jealous of anyone who's in the process of discovering the weird and wonderful world of Twin Peaks for the first time.

Just a slight warning though; like many great TV series, the show does have a few patchy episodes here or there and a few sub-plots which might seem slightly tedious but it's certainly worth persevering to the end.

Be curious to hear what you make of the movie aswell if you manage to pick that up. Would thoroughly recommend it if you haven't; easily in my top ten films of all time.

Incidentally, I ended up watching the movie before I ever saw any of the series. This did mean I was watching the series already knowing who killed Laura but I wouldn't say this diminished my enjoyment of it. However, it was a slightly jarring experience at first as the film (whilst certainly containing its moments of humour) is a decidedly darker experience than the majority of the series.

Finally, like you say, the series is beautifully shot. I believe the whole series was shot on 35mm film (at least as far as I know) and it certainly shows. If the screen caps for The Prisoner's Blu Ray release (also shot on film) are anything to go by, this is another TV series that is crying out for the hi-def treatment.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd January 2011, 11:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I bought the film ZigZagZombie and will be watching it after I've finished the series.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Argentofan; 23rd January 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Watched the pilot today. This show seems brilliant!
I now really want to know who killed Laura Palmer, haha.

The locations and cinematography was really beautiful too.
Glad your enjoying it Argentofan & judging by your new avatar, you must be really enjoying it! Good on you buddy.

You make it easy.
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I am really enjoying it, hence the avatar. But I also have a bit of a thing for Miss Palmer. hahaha
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
But I also have a bit of a thing for Miss Palmer. hahaha
Don't we all!

Although Audrey Horne does it for me!
keirarts likes this.

You make it easy.
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Me too.

Is Cooper in Fire Walk With Me at all? It would make sense if he wasn't as it was before Laura dies but it would be nice to see him.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Me too.

Is Cooper in Fire Walk With Me at all? It would make sense if he wasn't as it was before Laura dies but it would be nice to see him.
He his but only in a small capacity as Kyle MacLachlan was reluctant to reprise his role for fear of typecasting, apparently.

The other notable thing in FWWM is Lara Flynn Boyle didn't return as Donna Haywood.

She was replaced by Moria Kelly from The West Wing.
keirarts likes this.

You make it easy.
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Glad to hear he is in it.

ah that sucks, but it could be worse.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2011, 10:57 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I bought the film ZigZagZombie and will be watching it after I've finished the series.
Excellent, will certainly be curious to hear what you think of it, especially as you already seem quite taken with Sheryl Lee (and understandably so). Don't think it's really giving anything away to say that the movie really belongs to her in a lot of ways.

Yup, tis a little sad that Cooper doesn't get more screentime in the film but would suggest (again, don't think I'm giving anything away here) that he plays a larger role within it than his relatively short scenes would initially suggest. I'll resist the urge to say any more than that though.

And finally, gotta agree with you about Audrey Horne kingofwitches; she certainly does it for me too, especially that scene with the cherry stem, lol
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2011, 04:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagZombie View Post
And finally, gotta agree with you about Audrey Horne kingofwitches; she certainly does it for me too, especially that scene with the cherry stem, lol
Oh Yes! She's such a bad girl.
keirarts likes this.

You make it easy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!