Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2009, 05:57 PM
Active Cultist

Default Twin Peaks

Hi

Has anybody else seen Twin Peaks? I am currently watching it for the first time (I'm a big David Lynch fan) and I think it's superb. I have just finished watching the first season and have the full second season to watch now. I think it will be a strong contender for my favourite TV series of all time if it carries on the way it is currently going. It's basically set the standard for all TV series after it ended in my opinion and LOST is a 21st century Twin Peaks.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts and opinions on it? Please try and avoid any spoilers though as I haven't seen any of the second season so have no idea what to expect.

Thanks,
LineSix
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th September 2009, 06:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
Hi

Has anybody else seen Twin Peaks? I am currently watching it for the first time (I'm a big David Lynch fan) and I think it's superb. I have just finished watching the first season and have the full second season to watch now. I think it will be a strong contender for my favourite TV series of all time if it carries on the way it is currently going. It's basically set the standard for all TV series after it ended in my opinion and LOST is a 21st century Twin Peaks.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts and opinions on it? Please try and avoid any spoilers though as I haven't seen any of the second season so have no idea what to expect.

Thanks,
LineSix
I love Twin Peaks (both the series and the film), plus am a massive fan of Lynch's other work.

I bought the Definitive Gold Box Edition a few years ago, and even though I prefer the first series to the second they are both excellent. It's not just the Lynchian oddness that attracts me to it either, it's everything: the fantastic score by Angelo Badalamenti, the characters and the attention to detail in both the writing, and how the characters develop over the series. Great stuff.

I want to watch it again from start to finish now you've brought it up!
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th September 2009, 07:17 PM
Active Cultist

The soundtrack is superb, I agree, and I bought the first season soundtrack this past week, listened to it about three or four times already straight through, fantastic stuff. I need to buy the second season soundtrack (which seems to be a lot more expensive for some reason) along with the film soundtrack.

I also bought the Gold Box edition, I find it a bit stupid that over here they released season one and then no second season, it sucks for the people that bought the first one expecting a conclusion yet they don't have the means to import either a US or European Gold Box or second season.

Apparently, Lynch has said that Twin Peaks is set in the same universe as Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. Which adds even more mystery to it in my opinion.

Have you read the book 'The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer'? If so, is it worth a read after I finish watching the show?
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th September 2009, 07:32 PM
Ex-member

i still have the guide bravo did about TP,the secret diary is ok its got a bit of back story,its not as good as dale cooper my life my tapes or access guide to twin peaks

"sometimes i feel like i know her but my arms bend back"
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th September 2009, 10:10 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i love twin peaks, i got the fist series on dvd and then waited for the second series but it never came so i had to get it on r1,has anyone ever listened to the tapes of dale cooper if not you probably should ,they're hilarious.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th September 2009, 05:55 PM
Active Cultist

There are spoilers below so anyone who hasn't seen the show (and if you intend to watch it) I would advise you to avoid reading below.

I've just watched the first episode of season 2, I'm guessing the killer is Bob? Which kinda wasn't suprising considering when I've been reading stuff on the net (avoiding all possible spoilers though) he is referred to as 'Killer Bob', the evil spirit in Twin Peaks, although I still have no idea who he is or what it all means.

Kinda weird though, the way they showed the killer. Does it get kinda ropey from now on? As I heard that season 2 takes a dip in quality after you have seen the killer.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th September 2009, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

lots more to find out yet but i dont hink the story gets ropey but you get a lot more sub plots in the second season
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:27 PM
Ex-member

bob stole The arm's Garmonbozia thats why he is collecting fear,to pay back the arm so he can return to the lodge(yes i am a twin peaks geek)

"Night falls, morning calls, I'll catch you with my death bag"
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by gax; 13th September 2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 19th September 2009, 08:15 PM
Cultist

I haven't seen every episode yet but it's definitely in my Top 5 all time favourite TV series. THAT theme tune is just so brilliant. It creates loads of atmosphere, and that's only a small part of the score to the series. The Gold DVD boxset is one of the best DVD sets I've bought. Packed full of extras.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by WaveCrest; 19th September 2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Needed editing.
Old 17th December 2009, 08:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Twin Peaks Season 2 finally coming to UK DVD next year. About time too.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!