Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th October 2014, 08:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Im trying not to get too excited and trust me its not easy because of my love of Twin Peaks is so great that i dont want to accpect anything less than perfect and thats too high expectations to have of anything. My heart is telling me this will be amazing but my head is fighting that feeling all the way. Fingers crossed.
Old 6th October 2014, 08:52 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Interesting news, although I'm more than a little bit sceptical. TV shows rarely hold their initial appeal when resurrected/rebooted but I'm certainly curious to check it out.
I kind of know where you're coming from. I'm usually of the thinking that it's best to leave things alone and not try and mess with something so iconic but then Lynch / Frost have got complete control so I have total faith in this revisit.
Old 6th April 2015, 07:32 AM
Cult Addict

Lynch has pulled out of the new series, citing that the budget is too small for the script. Having just started watching season 2 of the show, it is no loss to the world of telly or in general.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th April 2015, 02:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not enjoying it then?? The second series does meander a bit, but stick with it for the ending........

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th April 2015, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Lynch has pulled out of the new series, citing that the budget is too small for the script. Having just started watching season 2 of the show, it is no loss to the world of telly or in general.
Twin Peaks sequel will not be directed by David Lynch after money dispute | Television & radio | The Guardian
Old 8th April 2015, 09:22 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Twin Peaks

You all mad?!!! Lynch IS Twin Peaks. And the cast seem to agree.

http://youtu.be/BO934i9uO1c
it'smebilly likes this.
Old 8th April 2015, 09:33 AM
Cult Master

No Lynch no interest from me.
Old 8th April 2015, 01:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Lynch was hardly involved during the show's second season. He had direct involvement in four of the twenty-two episodes, by his own admission he rarely attended production meetings. Mark Frost was the one who held it all together (and at present he's still involved), Lynch was off making Wild At Heart. The much praised finale was written before Lynch's return (admittedly he reworked the red room scenes).

I'd rather Lynch be in the director's chair, but Mark Frost is more than capable and Showtime have the Lynch/Frost scripts to work from. There is still a lot to work with, I won't be giving up on it...yet.
Old 8th April 2015, 09:53 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Lynch was hardly involved during the show's second season. He had direct involvement in four of the twenty-two episodes, by his own admission he rarely attended production meetings. Mark Frost was the one who held it all together (and at present he's still involved), Lynch was off making Wild At Heart. The much praised finale was written before Lynch's return (admittedly he reworked the red room scenes).

I'd rather Lynch be in the director's chair, but Mark Frost is more than capable and Showtime have the Lynch/Frost scripts to work from. There is still a lot to work with, I won't be giving up on it...yet.
I get what you're saying, I've often thought mark frost is the unsung hero of twin peaks. He is the storyteller whilst lynch brings the visual element to the story. Both are vital to the show. Frost only directed one which is pretty telling I think, maybe he's not as interested in directing and more focused on the writing.

Also, the scripts may have been written but what would have ended up being filmed by lynch is another thing. He has always improvised throughout his career, the long sequence you mention in the last episode for example, much of Mulholland drive as well, hell that's how the memorably scary character BOB came about, totally by accident. His episodes were always the best and I just don't think anyone else has that same style and command of tone and atmosphere that he has.
Old 14th May 2015, 02:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Loved this show. No idea what's going on with the supposed revival these days...

Like this? Share it using the links below!