Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

Nordicdusk 25th July 2014 08:07 PM

I want to watch that trailer but I only just watched episode 7 of season 4

Rik 25th July 2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 412088)
I want to watch that trailer but I only just watched episode 7 of season 4

I should've put a spoiler warning on it, I'll edit my post now, wouldn't wanna ruin the show for those, like yourself, that aren't up to date with it yet :nod:

Nordicdusk 25th July 2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 412089)
I should've put a spoiler warning on it, I'll edit my post now, wouldn't wanna ruin the show for those, like yourself, that aren't up to date with it yet :nod:

Not at all RiK id be a bigger fool to watch it without seeing the rest of season 4 I have watched all of season 3 and those 7 episodes in the last week and a half

Rik 25th July 2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 412090)
Not at all RiK id be a bigger fool to watch it without seeing the rest of season 4 I have watched all of season 3 and those 7 episodes in the last week and a half

I usually have a marathon TWD session a few weeks before the new season starts, I always plan on watching a few episodes a day, but end up watching the lot in a couple of days :lol:

Andra Jai 25th July 2014 08:55 PM

The trailer looks good (after first having to bypass the "this content is not available to your country" bs) but this series has been really up and down so far so hopefully it will be a return to form.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th July 2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 412090)

I watched all 4 seasons in 6 days (I have no life).

Nordicdusk 25th July 2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 412098)

Believe me if I didn't have to go to work I would of been the same I watched season 4 of sones of anarchy in two sittings when I was on holidays from work.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th July 2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 412099)
Believe me if I didn't have to go to work I would of been the same I watched season 4 of sones of anarchy in two sittings when I was on holidays from work.

Lol, I was at work all day. Straight in from work, shower, 6pm until the wee hours watching TWD, then 4 hours sleep. Was worth it though, even if I was at a loss when it was finished. Although, I did the same with Breaking Bad righr after.

Andra Jai 26th July 2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 412100)
Lol, I was at work all day. Straight in from work, shower, 6pm until the wee hours watching TWD, then 4 hours sleep. Was worth it though, even if I was at a loss when it was finished. Although, I did the same with Breaking Bad righr after.

I remember watching the first series of Prison Break all in one go over a Saturday and Sunday, shame the rest of the series never quite matched up

Nordicdusk 28th October 2014 10:55 AM

Anyone watching season 5 yet. What do you all think so far. Better than season 4 already.:zombie:

Rik 28th October 2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 423277)
Anyone watching season 5 yet. What do you all think so far. Better than season 4 already.:zombie:

I watch it every Monday morning when I get up, absolutely loving this Season, the stories are tying in nicely with the comics :nod:

Nordicdusk 28th October 2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 423278)
I watch it every Monday morning when I get up, absolutely loving this Season, the stories are tying in nicely with the comics :nod:

Not giving any spoilers but nothing is dwelled upon in this season so far just to the point and Feels more fast paced I love it. Ita the first time I have been up to date since season 1 so I'm even happier to see the new episodes as they are released.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th October 2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 412098)

I'd gladly do that if I had time!

Season 4 for me lulled a little after THAT mid season battle,but yeah looking forward to see how they get out of their latest predicament!

Tbh,I kinda suspected what those people were in 'salvation land'.....;)

J Harker 29th October 2014 08:32 AM

I watched the first three episodes of season 5 last night. Brilliant stuff and so far much better than season 4. I loved that they didn't keep me hanging and gave me everything i wanted to see in the first episode.

Nordicdusk 29th October 2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 423441)
I watched the first three episodes of season 5 last night. Brilliant stuff and so far much better than season 4. I loved that they didn't keep me hanging and gave me everything i wanted to see in the first episode.

Let's hope it has started as it means to go on.

JoshuaKaitlyn 29th October 2014 05:57 PM

"Tainted meat!!!!" Great stuff so far

J Harker 30th October 2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 423443)
Let's hope it has started as it means to go on.

Well season 4 opened with a good episode then immediately went a bit slack, wherehas the first three episodes of season 5 have just been go go go.

Nordicdusk 30th October 2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 423647)
Well season 4 opened with a good episode then immediately went a bit slack, wherehas the first three episodes of season 5 have just been go go go.

All the signs are good and if the season 5 trailer is anything to go by we are headed for a action packed ride

J Harker 26th November 2014 06:19 AM

So the mid season finale last night. What's the verdict so far? A damn sight better than Season 4 i must say.

Rik 26th November 2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 426541)
So the mid season finale last night. What's the verdict so far? A damn sight better than Season 4 i must say.

Mid season finale isn't until next week ;)

J Harker 26th November 2014 07:07 AM

Is it not Rik? I thought it was this weeks! Thought it seemed a bit of a so so ending. Personally i wish they'd just screen it witthout the break.

Nordicdusk 26th November 2014 07:24 AM

How long is the mid season break this is the first time I have been up today's with the series

Rik 26th November 2014 07:48 AM

The first episode in the next half is airing in the US on the 8th February, so not that long really.
I've got a feeling the mid season finale will contain at least one major character death, got an idea who but I won't say for fear of spoiling it for those that aren't fully up to date with the show

Nordicdusk 26th November 2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 426549)
The first episode in the next half is airing in the US on the 8th February, so not that long really.
I've got a feeling the mid season finale will contain at least one major character death, got an idea who but I won't say for fear of spoiling it for those that aren't fully up to date with the show

Cheers RiK it's not too long of a break depending on how big the cliffhanger is. Be interesting to see what happens.

Nordicdusk 1st December 2014 04:38 PM

I was told today what happens in the mid season cliffhanger tonight before I watch the bloody think F*#! Sake. People have such big mouths don't ask did I see it just tell me the end first.:mmph:

J Harker 1st December 2014 04:55 PM

I saw a spoiler on Facebook too. I've unfollowed the page now. We're only a day behind the US you think they'd have waited.

Nordicdusk 1st December 2014 05:03 PM

I know what you mean I remember in season two there was a part involving a barn and my girlfriend had yet to start season two and her neighbour text her to tell her what had happened people have no brains ( not ment as a zombie joke )

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st December 2014 06:13 PM

The Walking Dead

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 427171)
I saw a spoiler on Facebook too. I've unfollowed the page now. We're only a day behind the US you think they'd have waited.

Yep, I woke up this morning to be greeted on facebook by a pic on my feed from the end of the episode on The Walking Dead's page. I've unliked it too. Complete idiots! Watched the episode now.

Rik 1st December 2014 06:15 PM

Me too, woke up at 3:30, couldn't sleep so I checked Facebook as you do, bang! Major Spoiler Alert!!!
So, I thought "**** it, might as well watch it now", got back to sleep at about 5, mightily pissed off!

JoshuaKaitlyn 4th December 2014 11:15 PM

Avoided anything even remotely Walking Dead like the plague....and it worked!
:nod:

Rik 26th January 2015 01:54 PM

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...49731135_o.jpg

Can't friggin wait!

Rik 9th February 2015 10:48 AM

Great mid-season premiere, without spoiling it for anyone, there's a few nods to the comics this episode and what I'm guessing is a major foreshadowing too :nod:

Nordicdusk 12th February 2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 435169)
Great mid-season premiere, without spoiling it for anyone, there's a few nods to the comics this episode and what I'm guessing is a major foreshadowing too :nod:

Really enjoyed the new episode nice way to kick it off again.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2015 02:35 PM

It would be a lie to say I enjoyed the episode because The Walking Dead is probably the most depressing, downbeat and grim TV series ever made! I haven't read any of the graphic novels, but it does seem particularly tough because there isn't any end in sight, no light at the end of the tunnel, so it's difficult to see any narrative arc.

I realise it's probably intentional as you are basically in the same boat as the characters, wondering if there is any point in carrying on because you know people you love and care about will die and there is barely any letup from the persistent gloom!

If you are up-to-date, this article in the Guardian is worth a read:

I love The Walking Dead – but its relentless misery is taking its toll | Television & radio | The Guardian

Rik 16th February 2015 09:21 PM

Really don't wanna spoil the show (or the comics), but it's safe to say the back end of this season is gonna be ****ing epic if my predictions are correct! :woot::woot:

wayfarer 20th February 2015 12:56 PM

Being up to date with the comic book, I believe you'll be proven right, Rik. Little clues have been peppered around and, judging from the latest trailer, the s, h and 1 t is really gonna hit the proverbial fan.

J Harker 20th February 2015 07:24 PM

The first two episodes since it started back have been quite poor in my opinion. Could have easily been done in one episode.

Rik 20th February 2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 436608)
The first two episodes since it started back have been quite poor in my opinion. Could have easily been done in one episode.

Calm before the storm I reckon :nod:

And, if they head the way I think they will, then the Governor is gonna look like Santa Claus!

J Harker 20th February 2015 07:38 PM

I have no idea of the comics. How far ahead do they currently go Rik?

Rik 20th February 2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 436610)
I have no idea of the comics. How far ahead do they currently go Rik?

Last issue was 137, which is about 3 years after the current events of the show. I don't wanna say too much, because I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone.
To be fair to the writers, they've only taken snippets of the comic plot arcs, changed things round with characters and certain events, so with me being up to date with them isn't ruining the show too much for me