Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2010, 01:58 PM
Cultist

Pretty awesome stuff. Good to see a strong presence from British actors in the first episode (Andrew Lincoln as Grimes and Lennie James as Morgan). Don't know about anyone else, but I found the 'return' of slower moving zombies a refreshing change from the undead that become Olympic standard sprinters once they come back.

I was also impressed with the way they spent a lot of time developing the characters. Essentially it's going to be a six-hour zombie movie, so shooting walkers in the head and the usual zombie set-pieces we know so well are going to become old very quickly if the series tries to rely on them, rather than engaging characters and storytelling.

Thumbs up from me, looking forward to episode 2.
Old 6th November 2010, 04:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
The best new show on television, watched the first episode last night and it blew me away, Frank Darabont has done a marvellous job adapting the Comic to the screen and Andrew Lincoln is fantastic as Rick Grimes. Very much recommended viewing...
That Guy's Wife near the end of episode one, looked like Whitney Housten on a Crack binge...
Old 7th November 2010, 04:31 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
That Guy's Wife near the end of episode one, looked like Whitney Housten on a Crack binge...
ROFLMAO

Seriously good show, nice to see little touches of Romero in there (a la headshot down the rifle scope). As I haven't read any of the comics this is based on this is going to be a real treat for me.

it is good to see the zombie genre getting the air time we all want as opposed to the 'vampire with a hart' type programming we have had in the recent past.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 8th November 2010, 12:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Loved it! Thought it was very poignant when Rick made a point of going back to the crawling zombie he'd seen earlier to put it down, had a lump in my throat. Quite powerful in places, like the fact it's very character driven & delves a lot into the human condition rather than just a pure zombie gore-thon, very Romero-esque. I do own the first volume of the graphic novel in hardback, think I'll be picking the rest up very soon. Roll on next Friday & Episode 2!

You make it easy.
Old 8th November 2010, 06:42 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Loved it! Thought it was very poignant when Rick made a point of going back to the crawling zombie he'd seen earlier to put it down, had a lump in my throat. Quite powerful in places, like the fact it's very character driven & delves a lot into the human condition rather than just a pure zombie gore-thon, very Romero-esque. I do own the first volume of the graphic novel in hardback, think I'll be picking the rest up very soon. Roll on next Friday & Episode 2!
Here here

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th November 2010, 02:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished Episode 2 and it just gets better, a lot more zombie action and some more character introductions. Looking forward to the next episode even more now...
Old 8th November 2010, 03:44 PM
Cultist

Damn you pedromonkey, I'm really looking forward to seeing it now!

Got the in-laws staying too so I hope they take an early night so I can watch it.
Old 9th November 2010, 08:17 AM
Cult Rookie

Second episode was also absolutely immense, although i'm feeling a bit sorry for Grimes with his wife and all, cant wait to see how that all pans out, I have purposely not read the comics so i don't know any of the story line as my friend was saying that he really wished that he knew nothing as i did. One thing that gets me though, everywhere i go i get people saying oh the poor horse, damn horses get slaughtered everyday and no ones gives a damn haha, i say WHAT ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE!!!
Old 9th November 2010, 09:53 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I did enjoy this, but it didn't seem to offer anything new. Hoping that next weeks episode picks up the pace.
I totally agree. I felt like I'd seen it all before...

You guys might want to check out my review -

http://www.cyberschizoid.com/2010/11...p-to-hype.html
Old 9th November 2010, 09:55 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Ha ha ha ! That's so funny - I said exactly the same to friends when we were watching episode one!

Like this? Share it using the links below!