Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

Dave Boy 8th October 2018 06:05 PM

SEASON 9 EPISODE 1- 'New Beginning'.

No spoilers but I though that was a good episode.
Some interesting developments here. Maggie's kicking arse!

Rik 8th October 2018 06:14 PM

Just finished watching it myself, good episode with some “straight from the comic books” scenes, hope the rest of the season is as good because even a die hard fan like myself was getting bored with it :nod:

trebor8273 8th October 2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 588487)
I wish they’d just put it out of its (and our) misery now.

Exactly someone needs to put a bullet in its head and kill it for good, really don't think I'll bother with new season after the last couple.

Roughale 9th October 2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590127)
Exactly someone needs to put a bullet in its head and kill it for good, really don't think I'll bother with new season after the last couple.

Why don't you just not watch it anymore and leave the show to those who still enjoy it? :confused:

gag 9th October 2018 09:55 AM

The main thing over last few seasons what bugged me is if you seriously want your enemy dead you would kill them asap first chance you get (like sheriff out of Bates motel does no messing around ) you wouldn't capture them talk to them, torture , keep them prisoner or what ever for them to escape and back to square one.

Roughale 9th October 2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 590164)
The main thing over last few seasons what bugged me is if you seriously want your enemy dead you would kill them asap first chance you get (like sheriff out of Bates motel does no messing around ) you wouldn't capture them talk to them, torture , keep them prisoner or what ever for them to escape and back to square one.

True, but you have to take in account that this is a TV series and some things just don't work that way in a series. Which is the biggest disadvantage TWD faces, it has a subject that we know (and love) from movies and in movies a big part is the constant worry for the main cvharacters - but in a series the main characters are a bit like immortal, so the tension and worry for them is gone. So we also get a lot of soap opera elements, which seems to be a problem for many as well... It is a tough road and maybe it is about time to move on with a pretty much new gang, as Fear the Walking Dead did, as sad as I would be to lose most of the main cast, their immortality kills the show a bit...

gag 9th November 2018 12:29 AM

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-...-movie-trilogy

First paragraph more on link

Rick Grimes' future revealed as The Walking Dead MOVIES are announced
ANDREW Lincoln left The Walking Dead as Rick Grimes in the latest episode.

Fans were happy to see that Rick Grimes survived, despite Andrew Lincoln's exit from The Walking Dead.

But with his exit comes the obvious question – what on Earth will Rick get up to now?

Luckily, it seems fans of the show will get to find out, as head of content at The Walking Dead Scott Gimple has revealed plans for a trilogy of television movies.

Dave Boy 19th February 2019 07:15 PM

Well, two episodes in this new run.
I thought they were quite good. The Whisperers make an interesting change from Negan and saviours.
Looks like they really are going to try making Negan one of the good guys?
Or maybe he will get to take over the group?
Maybe Carl's dream will come true? Aarggh!

Rik 19th February 2019 07:22 PM

I'm enjoying it myself, the Whisperer arc was one of my favourites from the comic books, sadly it's getting a bit boring now with the current story, like Kirkman has run out of ideas!

Dave Boy 26th March 2019 03:14 PM

Oh man! What an ending to the last episode.
I was not expecting that. Shocking and brilliant at the same time.
That was like...Fracking hell!

Rik 26th March 2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 600555)
Oh man! What an ending to the last episode.

I was not expecting that. Shocking and brilliant at the same time.

That was like...Fracking hell!

I knew it was coming because I’ve read the comics, but they did mix it up a little. I know people have given up on TWD and said it should end, but this has been the best season for years, Angela Kang as showrunner is doing a belting job :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th March 2019 05:41 PM

I must be the only person who thought it was shit then. Couldn’t care less about any of the characters who were killed, as I found them all annoying, almost as annoying as Samantha Morton’s Alpha.

With them deviating more and more from the comics, I hope they don’t give us 2 bloody years of The Whisperers like they did with The Saviors.

Dave Boy 27th March 2019 01:21 PM

Yeah, I have no idea what is going on in the comics but I am hoping this current story is not stretched out.
A couple of episodes back, one of the main Whisperer's got stabbed and knocked down a lift shaft. He lived, and I thought.. Here we go, another un-killable bad guy!

Roughale 27th March 2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 600570)
I must be the only person who thought it was shit then. Couldn’t care less about any of the characters who were killed, as I found them all annoying, almost as annoying as Samantha Morton’s Alpha.

With them deviating more and more from the comics, I hope they don’t give us 2 bloody years of The Whisperers like they did with The Saviors.

I am happy they change things up from the comics as some comic fans seem to find pleasure in spoiling the TV only fans, those must be pretty sad losers (not you included!) The changes limits that only power they feel they have and that is just great!

I thought this had been an excellent episode and Alpha is a wonderful, spooky character, the actress lives the role and I found it so spooky how she spoke in a soft voice like she was talking to a baby, just the words did not match - I had a few shivers from that! And the whole episode was well timed too, the sweeter it felt at the start (that was almost like The Waltons LOL), the more it became clear they are heading for a dark ending, actually I expected it to be a preparation episode for the season finale next week and was shocked that it was already happening at the end of the episode! And that means, we may not have reached full darkness yet, next week may be a shock - I dread for who might have his/her last appearance in it! Season 9 is fantastic so far!

Rik 27th March 2019 03:44 PM

The Whisperer War arc of the comics was the last decent arc, it’s got pretty boring now tbh

gag 27th March 2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 600588)
Yeah, I have no idea what is going on in the comics but I am hoping this current story is not stretched out.
A couple of episodes back, one of the main Whisperer's got stabbed and knocked down a lift shaft. He lived, and I thought.. Here we go, another un-killable bad guy!

I hate that where technically they wouldn't have survived or if they had they be crippled for life.

Dave Boy 2nd April 2019 01:25 PM

Well, here we are at the season finale.

Why did Carol and Ezekiel split up? if it was explained I must have missed it.

Who is the mysterious voice on the radio at the end?
Probably someone else up to no good who wants to kill them!

gag 4th July 2019 08:19 PM

Future of walking dead now the comics have come to a end.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...ding-comic-tv/

Dave Boy 23rd July 2019 11:23 AM

Are there any walkers in this show anymore?
Looks like another season of Whisperers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_6qO0B8AU

Rik 25th July 2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 607891)
Are there any walkers in this show anymore?

Looks like another season of Whisperers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_6qO0B8AU

I think you’ll be surprised this season, the Whisperers have a ****ing huge herd of walkers and I reckon they’ll be a big part of the first half of the season, hope so anyway!

Dave Boy 25th July 2019 07:00 PM

Okay. Fingers crossed for a good season.

Rik 25th July 2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 608041)
Okay. Fingers crossed for a good season.

I enjoyed the last one because the Whisperers arc of the comic books is one of my favourite from the last few years, pretty much the last decent arc Kirkman wrote and not as long and drawn out as All Out War!

Dave Boy 12th October 2019 08:00 PM

It's all quite on the Western Front..
Is anyone still watching?
Just watched the first episode of the new season.
Lowest ratings ever for the season premiere.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th October 2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 613181)
It's all quite on the Western Front..

Is anyone still watching?

Just watched the first episode of the new season.

Lowest ratings ever for the season premiere.

I know what you mean. Wasn't impressed at all. I think I only watch this and Fear The Walking Dead now in the hopes that they will get better, but they never do. I've already seen the 2nd episode of the TWD (don't ask), which centres on Alpha, and it's no better (imo).

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th October 2019 08:24 PM

To be fair though, i think the ratings for the season premiere suffered due to it being released 6 days earlier for AMC Premier subscribers.

gag 10th September 2020 11:08 PM

Does anyone still watch walking dead ?

I stopped half way through series 9.

Anyhow it finishing on season 11

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...A1CsNv1CIa36OQ

Nordicdusk 10th September 2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 634994)
Does anyone still watch walking dead ?

I stopped half way through series 9.

Anyhow it finishing on season 11

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...A1CsNv1CIa36OQ

Stopped at season 9 myself but i was struggling a couple of seasons before.

Dave Boy 10th September 2020 11:27 PM

I got to season 10 but just stopped watching mid way through.

Justin101 11th September 2020 07:57 AM

I stopped back in the middle of the first half of season 8. It started to feel like a weekly chore to watch the show. It's a shame because for a while it was one of the best shows on TV.

Rik 11th September 2020 08:28 AM

I still watch it, don’t get all the hate it’s received these last few years

Justin101 11th September 2020 09:12 AM

In my case it's not so much hate as it is ambivalence.

Dave Boy 11th September 2020 04:04 PM

I think for a lot of people the Negan story line went on forever and wore them down. Then it looked as if they are wanting to make him a good guy and people are like WTF? After all he did!
Then straight after we get the Whisperer's and I think people did not want another drawn out storyline so close.

gag 11th September 2020 04:11 PM

I hate storylines where they capture the bad guy and let them live, bad guy escapes and then capture good guy and let them live and repeat repeat and repeat it gets dull boring and repetitive, if you captured someone as evil as Negan and for what he did ending of series 6 beginning series 7 you really would not let them live.

nosferatu42 11th September 2020 04:16 PM

I'd have shoved Lucille up Negans arse.
Bit harsh but he deserved it.

gag 11th September 2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 635047)
I'd have shoved Lucille up Negans arse.
Bit harsh but he deserved it.

Yes but I would have added nails to it as well.

Justin101 11th September 2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 635045)
I think for a lot of people the Negan story line went on forever and wore them down. Then it looked as if they are wanting to make him a good guy and people are like WTF? After all he did!
Then straight after we get the Whisperer's and I think people did not want another drawn out storyline so close.

This is exactly it, they had just wrapped up the Negan thing and then it was right into the crazy Mad Max 3 clan in the rubbish dump :lol: enough was enough at that point haha.

J Harker 11th September 2020 06:02 PM

Gave up back around season 8 i think it was. The first season was awesome but its been downhill ever since.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th September 2020 06:16 PM

I gave up at the season end where they became trapped in a crate or something by another bunch of degenerate humans having just got away from David Morrissey.

I'd had enough by then.

I gave up on Fear the Walking Dead after the first series.

Dave Boy 11th September 2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 635057)
I gave up on Fear the Walking Dead after the first series.

Same here. I hated that guy on drugs who was more bothered about getting a fix than there being an apocalypse. That was enough for me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th September 2020 12:26 PM

I'm currently about halfway through season eight, the second time I've seen it. It's grim as hell but I like the tensions between the characters and the different groups so I'll continue watching onto season nine and see how I feel when I finish watching that.