Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

DJBenz 9th November 2010 11:40 AM

Enjoyed episode two, but it was a touch lacking in something that I can't quite put my finger on. I think it was the introduction of the group and the lack of development of each character. Last week's was great, just two main characters and you really got to know them well. I guess we'll get to know the individuals in the group over the series, but for now they're a bit thin on detail. Michael Rooker was a blast, and I was quite surprised when he dropped the N-bomb in a network TV show!

My heart was beating pretty fast when they did 'the walk' so the tension was definitely there.

Thumbs up again and looking forward to next week.

pedromonkey 9th November 2010 01:44 PM

you were surprised by the N word? i was surprised they showed the hacking up of a zombie in absolute gory detail

DJBenz 9th November 2010 03:42 PM

:lol: They shot a six year old girl in the head last week, so on the gore-front nothing would surprise me.

wayfarer 18th November 2010 10:42 AM

@DJBenz - I'm with you on that one; Episode 2 did seem to lack something. Michael Rooker's performance was superb and gets better in episode 3. (Not a spoiler if you saw the "Next time" trailer).

I fear that Season 1 will end just as the plot's in full swing and we have to wait until November 2011 for more.:(

gag 18th November 2010 12:00 PM

Quite enjoying this
ep 2 i thought he prob get out the tank by some how starting it and just driving over the zombies and blowing 1 r 2 away but i was wrong but it would have been fun tho

antmumford 18th November 2010 01:00 PM

After the phenomenal first episode I became little underwhelmed by the 2nd one. It just lacked a certain something. What really pissed me off and what may have contributed to my lack of enthusiasm for this episode was that the zombies ran. It's called The Walking Dead for a reason.
I couldn't believe they started to run. They could even climb and hurl themselves over a 7/8 foot metal fence. :doh:
The 1st episode was a work of art and beauty so the 2nd episode kind of cheapened it a bit for me.
Oh well, let's hope tomorrows one will rekindle my love for it all over again.

:decision:

Oh and on a side not I watched it on FX HD and was it me or did the picture quality really seem to lack something on the 2nd episode?? It all looked a little 2D, flat and standard compared to the 1st episode which popped a lot more in HD and gave that lovely 3D like quality you expect from HD.

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th November 2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 113058)
What really pissed me off and what may have contributed to my lack of enthusiasm for this episode was that the zombies ran. It's called The Walking Dead for a reason.
I couldn't believe they started to run. They could even climb and hurl themselves over a 7/8 foot metal fence. :doh:

I think I should avoid watching this then... Running zombies have caused many an argument between me and my brother-in-law. Dammit, I was looking forward to this too! :censored:

mercury 18th November 2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

After the phenomenal first episode I became little underwhelmed by the 2nd one. It just lacked a certain something. What really pissed me off and what may have contributed to my lack of enthusiasm for this episode was that the zombies ran. It's called The Walking Dead for a reason.
The 1st episode was a work of art and beauty so the 2nd episode kind of cheapened it a bit for me.

Oh and on a side not I watched it on FX HD and was it me or did the picture quality really seem to lack something on the 2nd episode?? It all looked a little 2D, flat and standard compared to the 1st episode which popped a lot more in HD and gave that lovely 3D like quality you expect from HD.

I too don't like running zombies:mmph:
I also thought that the second episode wasn't high def. I watched on virgin media and when I pressed info; there was mention of HD:confused: Usually it says if a programme is HD, sd or upscailed HD. But some HD channels broadcast sd on the Hd channel and just don't show the HD sign at the top of the screen.

wayfarer 18th November 2010 10:37 PM

I watched Ep2 on FXUK HD via Sky. No way was that HD. "Running" zombies? Nah! They move faster than the Romero zeds but I wouldn't say that they ran. The fence bit was a bit silly, agreed. Otherwise, they followed the Romero code. The series has stressed that the zombie cause is viral, a change from the comic book series that hasn't explained the cause, yet.

Mahoney32 19th November 2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Episode one was directed by a Hollywood big-shot remember. Episode two wasn't.
Yeah, the "running" was a little bit "28 day's", and a little bit "Dawn remake" to be honest.
I enjoyed watching this episode, even though this show is trying a tad too hard, to be edgy and original. Was the random "Doggy" scene really necessary?
A fun series so far, But it is little more than your standard Zombie movie, stretched out into a TV series form. Nice to see Greg Nicotero on board. Noticed his name on the credits last week. Loved the scenes with that cool car in Ep 2 also...