Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

Rik 17th February 2014 05:06 PM

Abraham m**********s! :rockon::rockon:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...8comics%29.jpg

Jinx_Barkman 20th February 2014 07:00 PM

I have to say I'm just about at my submission point with this show. It's just no longer entertaining for me to watch anymore. The writing is lazy and vanilla. I can't say that I really care for any one character. I think I'll give it one or possibly two more episodes to captivate me and then I'm finished.

davcol 20th February 2014 07:16 PM

I havent watched this since the character Shane was killed off at the end of the second series. I feel that the achilles heel of these american shows is the sheer ammount of episodes that the viewer is expected to sit through. Definately a clear case of less is more in my opinion.

platostotal 20th February 2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 393405)
I havent watched this since the character Shane was killed off at the end of the second series. I feel that the achilles heel of these american shows is the sheer ammount of episodes that the viewer is expected to sit through. Definately a clear case of less is more in my opinion.

My mate said something similar, the idea that US shows have a 23-26 episode ark per season* (6 months) put him off TWD in season 3 "Can't they just leave the f@%kin' prison, jeez" so you ain't alone, but that's the nature of US tv, but you've missed some pretty good stuff in amongst seasons 3-4, despite the length it's still the best genre show going IMHO.

* Sons of Anarchy seems to take forever to progress during a season for the same reason, it's only a small biker club after all and they're stories could be told in 6-8 episodes per season.

davcol 21st February 2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 393473)
My mate said something similar, the idea that US shows have a 23-26 episode ark per season* (6 months) put him off TWD in season 3 "Can't they just leave the f@%kin' prison, jeez" so you ain't alone, but that's the nature of US tv, but you've missed some pretty good stuff in amongst seasons 3-4, despite the length it's still the best genre show going IMHO.

* Sons of Anarchy seems to take forever to progress during a season for the same reason, it's only a small biker club after all and they're stories could be told in 6-8 episodes per season.

I thought the first series was ideal in that there was only about 6 episodes, i dont know why they strayed from this. During the second series there was a couple of episodes of dull character development which really slowed the pace.
This was exactly the same reason i had to stop watching Dexter as well, i just dont have the time to watch something every week for months on end.

Dave Boy 11th March 2014 05:25 PM

Latest episode was pretty good. A step up from last weeks slow episode.
Trailer for next week said only three episodes to go until the end of the season !

Rik 11th March 2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 396107)
Latest episode was pretty good. A step up from last weeks slow episode.

Trailer for next week said only three episodes to go until the end of the season !

Yeah, these last two slow episodes are clearly building up to the season finale in a couple of weeks time

J Harker 12th March 2014 06:45 PM

Terminus...

Dave Boy 18th March 2014 09:14 PM

(S4 ep14)

Oh wow !!
What a shocker of an episode.

Rik 18th March 2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 397251)
(S4 ep14)

Oh wow !!

What a shocker of an episode.

Yeah, mirrored something that happened in the comics years ago.

2 episodes left :(