Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

antmumford 18th March 2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 397256)
Yeah, mirrored something that happened in the comics years ago.

2 episodes left :(

Years ago? Ah geez I've got loads more to read then. Weren't that long ago that I was reading that storyline :s almost half way through The Compendium volume. 2

J Harker 19th March 2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 397251)
(S4 ep14)

Oh wow !!
What a shocker of an episode.

Bloody slow episode though. This has been the worst season. Feels like a ridiculous amount of filler being used to get from one relevant plot point to the next.

Rik 31st March 2014 04:04 PM

What am I gonna do with my Monday afternoons until October now :(

Jinx_Barkman 31st March 2014 04:33 PM

What did you think of the finale Rik? It seems like the show is headed in the right direction. I have to admit, I think I'm in too deep to give up on this show.

Rik 31st March 2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 398513)
What did you think of the finale Rik? It seems like the show is headed in the right direction. I have to admit, I think I'm in too deep to give up on this show.

I don't want to say too much, so I don't spoil it for those that aren't up to speed, but I actually cheered at my TV during certain points in the episode due to them being direct port s from the comics ha ha

The show is a long way off where we're at in the comics, so there's plenty of awesome story arcs yet to come. A lot of mixed feelings about this season, but I for one have absolutely loved it being a longtime fan of the comics

Jinx_Barkman 31st March 2014 08:58 PM

I think the season as a whole was disappointing. There were a few good episodes but that doesn't translate well for a 16 episode season. I really wish they would cut it down to 8 or 9 episodes a season. The finale was pretty good but a little too much filler.

J Harker 31st March 2014 09:17 PM

Very dissapointed with the finale.
There's been some good episodes in a weak season.

Vipp 1st April 2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 397265)
Bloody slow episode though. This has been the worst season. Feels like a ridiculous amount of filler being used to get from one relevant plot point to the next.

I have the last episode to watch tonight and as much as i love the series i do agree with Harker on this point. often i find myself winding up the other half by saying "previously on AMC's the walking dead: Rik was you going to eat that corn? ... Next week on AMC's the walking dead "no hershal you go ahead and have it, im full' Haha. it's true the series does have a LOT of filler in it. also the annoying budget band they got in to imitate Arcade Fire at emotional points could be given a miss for me too.

Bringer Of Funerals 1st April 2014 01:14 PM

The Walking Dead, season four finale: Show's dip in quality could mean this is the last episode many people watch | Metro News

This will contain SPOILERS so if you've seen the finale this is a review of it

platostotal 1st April 2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 398638)

TWD is going great guns in the States, highest ever ratings for the finale, but then the yanks put it on at 9pm in some time zones and treat it as quality prime time , unlike scared U.K. broadcasters who seem afraid that a sprog might see a zombie get a headshot before bedtime:lol:, CH5 buried it late night and then cancelled it after 3 seasons as "it didn't get huge ratings" i.e. "endless hours of BB is cheaper":crazy:.