Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

antmumford 19th November 2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 113156)
I too don't like running zombies:mmph:
I also thought that the second episode wasn't high def. I watched on virgin media and when I pressed info; there was mention of HD:confused: Usually it says if a programme is HD, sd or upscailed HD. But some HD channels broadcast sd on the Hd channel and just don't show the HD sign at the top of the screen.

Ah ha I wondered that too. I noticed it didn't say HD in the top corner so I triple checked I had the right channel on. That's not good of them to play an SD episode on the HD channel. I specifically upgraded to a V+HD box for this series :(

Quote:

"Running" zombies? Nah! They move faster than the Romero zeds but I wouldn't say that they ran. The fence bit was a bit silly, agreed.
Well okay they were half way between running and walking, more of a lurching forward at top speed kind of way. Although after watching it back the 2nd time I did see several zombies in the background actually running in some of the more action packed fast scene. I guess they thought they wouldn't be noticed as much. Oh well, I still love the show and can't wait for tonight.

Quote:

I think I should avoid watching this then... Running zombies have caused many an argument between me and my brother-in-law. Dammit, I was looking forward to this too!
Sarah, do not avoid this programme. It is the greatest thing to grace our televisions in a long time. There's no way you can dislike something like this. Regardless of the semi running zombies, it's a work of genius!

vipco 20th November 2010 11:54 PM

I like the running zombies, much more menacing , though being chased is probably one of the most scariest experience's imho. as if your caught you know something bads gonna happen and that thought keeps playing though your mind the length of the chase. The scene in the Warriors were the Turnbull AC's in the bus chase The Warriors to the train station really disturbs and scares the hell outta me , and they're all alive, the thought of being chased by the dead is even worse.
If Zombies keep basic human instincts then surly running would fall under a basic human instinct .
Anyway,
Ant's right though, this is great TV Sarah, you really gotta watch this.

nekromantik 21st November 2010 05:33 PM

I dont mind the running zombies in this.
Last weeks epi was amazing!
In terms of TV shows I think its very good but not up to standard of Dexter or Lost but maybe in time it may get that way.

Must buy on blu tho!

Mahoney32 22nd November 2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 113543)
I like the running zombies, much more menacing , though being chased is probably one of the most scariest experience's imho. as if your caught you know something bads gonna happen and that thought keeps playing though your mind the length of the chase. The scene in the Warriors were the Turnbull AC's in the bus chase The Warriors to the train station really disturbs and scares the hell outta me , and they're all alive, the thought of being chased by the dead is even worse.
If Zombies keep basic human instincts then surly running would fall under a basic human instinct .
Anyway,
Ant's right though, this is great TV Sarah, you really gotta watch this.

That scene in The Warriors alway's gets to me too. I wouldn't want to be in that situation. This is probably why you wouldn't see me at the nearest football Stadium on match day's. lol

wayfarer 22nd November 2010 11:40 AM

This week's upcoming episode is supposed to rock! (Episode 4).
Yeah, zombie movement is a cause for much argument. At the risk of sounding like I'm trying to appeal to everyone, I genuinely like both, for different reasons;

Slow moving (in great numbers) because there is a definite threat here and it's long drawn out inevitablity can be shocking. Example; the bikers in the mall (Dawn of the Dead). Yeah, they're slow, but there's so many of them they can't get away. Day does that brilliantly too.
My favourite slow movers are those in Zombi 2. They act like corpses could; slow for the most part and they don't tend to look at you, they just move.

Fast movers: The Dawn remake showed just how scary a running zombie can be. The threat is very real yet how could a corpse run like that? But hang on! Didn't someone already do that? Mt Boyle, sorry, but whatever you say 28 Days Later is a film firmly stuck in the zombie genre.;)

I haven't seen The Devil's Playground yet but the filmmakers hired freerunners/Parkour experts:lol:

If I'm true to myself, I actually do prefer the slow ones, but there's room for both in my apocalypse.;)

vipco 22nd November 2010 12:56 PM

ZFE 2 had both walkers and runners and Lenzi's Nightmare City had running infected. I think the runners exsisted pre 28 Days and both have a part to play in the zombie genre.

Personally I dont mind which type of zombie is in a film , though I prefer runners in urban settings , especially when the zombies are the majority of the city's population . The slow shuffling zeds I prefer in rural or jungle settings like ZFE.

On the series, im really enjoying it but im struggling to like a few of the characters , especially the 2 Cop's.
I am hoping the black guy and his son make it and hope it regularly lets us know how they are coping , even if its only by radio comunication . An episode devoted to them and they're attempt to reach the survivors would be cool.

antmumford 22nd November 2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 113703)
On the series, im really enjoying it but im struggling to like a few of the characters , especially the 2 Cop's.
I am hoping the black guy and his son make it and hope it regularly lets us know how they are coping , even if its only by radio comunication . An episode devoted to them and they're attempt to reach the survivors would be cool.

You haven't read the graphic novels then I see :p

darthelvis 22nd November 2010 01:01 PM

Episode 3 was excellent and I have to say again that everyone should buy the graphic novels as they are fantastic. I'm hoping number 13 should be sitting waiting for me when I get home!

If they stick to the stories in the comics, there is so much great stuff to look forward to!!!:woot:

pedromonkey 22nd November 2010 04:09 PM

episode 4 is even better than episode 3 and it just keeps getting better...

BioZombie 22nd November 2010 04:15 PM

I've seen the first 3 episode and have to say I'm really impressed. What more could you want from a weekly zombie show, tonnes of gore, ace looking zombies and Michael Rooker!!!!! May the awsomeness continue.