Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 450102)
Walking dead season 3

Half way through and this has to be the best season so far. Episode 4 has to be one of the most upsetting and depressing episodes so far and that's saying a lot for this show that's has to be the most depressing shows on TV

It's certainly fairly grim and downbeat at times, but it's also extremely well made and engrossing.

trebor8273 18th May 2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 450105)
It's certainly fairly grim and downbeat at times, but it's also extremely well made and engrossing.

It is, took awhile to get into it but can't stop watching it now when this season is finished will go straight on to season 4 then 5. Just like game of thrones essential viewing and both two of the best programmes on TV that don't shy away for killing off main characters

trebor8273 21st May 2015 12:11 PM

Partway into the forth season and things have taking a bit of a nose dive after the excellent third season. An uninspiring story and a bunch of new characters that are just boring and unlikable, hope it picks up.

Rik 21st May 2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 450592)
Partway into the forth season and things have taking a bit of a nose dive after the excellent third season. An uninspiring story and a bunch of new characters that are just boring and unlikable, hope it picks up.

Bear with it, it certainly gets better, lots of character development this season, but worth it for the back half of the season :nod:

trebor8273 21st May 2015 01:06 PM

The governor is a great character but what a evil psychotic bastard. Who is people's favourite character?

Wonder if it's just in America that everyone is trying to kill everyone else, the rest of the world everyone wil band together.

Edit(spoilers)
SPOILER:

Just finished the mid season break episode and as Rik said it got better. Thank god that evil bastard got what he deseverd. I just hope little ass kicker is still alive

Rik 21st May 2015 02:33 PM

The Governor isn't half as bad in the show as he was in the comics, but obviously they had to tone down for TV purposes

Godewind 31st May 2015 07:22 PM

One of the best new TV shows in a long time, love it. I tend to watch mostly classic telly (1950s to 1980s primarily), but for a new show its narrative you really get quite addicted to. -It's like good food, you can't stop getting hungry for it...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th June 2015 08:26 PM

Just watched the last episode of Walking Dead season 5-FECK I HATE the last episode!:crying:

platostotal 21st June 2015 10:39 PM

Now that TWD series 5 has been shown on Freeview I'd like to say that Rick turning true badass towards the end was great (and nicely acted by Lincoln too) and overall the fifth series was a nice follow on from series 4, but two things...
i really don't like the simpering Glen stories, the scene where he doesn't snuff the twat that killed his mate Noah and then tried to shoot and kill him in the finale was cringe worthy IMHO (Beth was a much more sympathetic character and more interesting to boot but gets bumped off needlessly, Doh!)
And as i think I've said before I like the idea of the group on the road going from place to place instead of finding (convenient) communities for dramatic confrontations as they try to fit in time after time. But those are minor personal gripes and the show is still unmissable after 5 years.

platostotal 25th June 2015 11:09 PM

Rumors abound on season 6... What do we think?

1- Daryl comes out as gay (that seems probable, he seems drawn to the gay couple)

2- A major long term character snuffs it in grand style (likely too, as long as it's Glenn:lol::lol:)

3- As they are starting on a spin-off series, some characters bugger off to join the new show. (if so hope it's not Daryl or Michonne)