Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

gag 26th October 2015 05:56 AM

Another cracking episode and youre in for a shock.
Thats all im going to say.

Rik 26th October 2015 10:01 AM

Don't panic ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 463722)
After nearly 2 years of me telling her how good it is, my girlfriend has started watching this, only 57 episodes left to catch up before Monday :lol:

I started it last night.

To be honest i wasn't over struck on the first episode as it went flat in the middle but improved when it reached the city. Episode 2 was excellent.

Justin101 26th October 2015 11:41 AM

I've watched the first 2 eps in season 6, and I can't watch the new ep tonight as I'm going out but i'm seriously gagging to see it :lol:

Compared to the very flat beginning of season 5, 6 has been a belter so far! :woot:

I was definitely shocked by...
SPOILER:
the savagery on display from the 'wolves at the gate' just mercilessly hacking away at anything that doesn't have a W on their head. In episode 1 right at the end when the horn went off I was almost screaming at the telly haha!!

J Harker 26th October 2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 466027)
I started it last night.

To be honest i wasn't over struck on the first episode as it went flat in the middle but improved when it reached the city. Episode 2 was excellent.

Thats pretty much the Walking Dead Dem. Cracking episodes followed by dull ones. Even episodes that are dull as dishwater for practically the whole running time then suddenly kick off for the last 5 minutes. It may be intentional but i find it makes the show feel very uneven. Something that does frustrate me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 466037)
Thats pretty much the Walking Dead Dem. Cracking episodes followed by dull ones. Even episodes that are dull as dishwater for practically the whole running time then suddenly kick off for the last 5 minutes. It may be intentional but i find it makes the show feel very uneven. Something that does frustrate me.

I like Andrew Lincoln in his lead role, he was great in Teachers too if anyone watched that.

Justin101 26th October 2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 466037)

This is it to a T which is frustrating, but when it's high it's HIGH!! You can easily have 5-6 episode runs where nothing happens, like literally just character drama with the backdrop of zombies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 466043)
This is it to a T which is frustrating, but when it's high it's HIGH!! You can easily have 5-6 episode runs where nothing happens, like literally just character drama with the backdrop of zombies.

Haha i hope not. Series one is only six episodes. ;)

Justin101 26th October 2015 12:07 PM

I'm talking like mid-season 4 and 5, 3 on the whole is pretty low-key to be honest but it's good!

gag 26th October 2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 466034)
I've watched the first 2 eps in season 6, and I can't watch the new ep tonight as I'm going out but i'm seriously gagging to see it :lol:

Compared to the very flat beginning of season 5, 6 has been a belter so far! :woot:

I was definitely shocked by...
SPOILER:
the savagery on display from the 'wolves at the gate' just mercilessly hacking away at anything that doesn't have a W on their head. In episode 1 right at the end when the horn went off I was almost screaming at the telly haha!!

And tonights is a bit of a corker not in same sense as last week but i wasnt dissapointed.
The thing is you can create the ultimate tv shows and not every episode going to suit everyone. But you need some slow episodes to build characters and build what coming up, you cant have every episode with a bang then that be takjng away the story and characters. Yes some episodes arent as good as other but personaly even the slower episodes ive enjoyed.