Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2015, 06:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another cracking episode and youre in for a shock.
Thats all im going to say.
Rik likes this.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Don't panic
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th October 2015, 12:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
After nearly 2 years of me telling her how good it is, my girlfriend has started watching this, only 57 episodes left to catch up before Monday
I started it last night.

To be honest i wasn't over struck on the first episode as it went flat in the middle but improved when it reached the city. Episode 2 was excellent.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:41 PM
Cult Veteran

I've watched the first 2 eps in season 6, and I can't watch the new ep tonight as I'm going out but i'm seriously gagging to see it

Compared to the very flat beginning of season 5, 6 has been a belter so far!

I was definitely shocked by...
SPOILER:
the savagery on display from the 'wolves at the gate' just mercilessly hacking away at anything that doesn't have a W on their head. In episode 1 right at the end when the horn went off I was almost screaming at the telly haha!!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th October 2015, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I started it last night.

To be honest i wasn't over struck on the first episode as it went flat in the middle but improved when it reached the city. Episode 2 was excellent.
Thats pretty much the Walking Dead Dem. Cracking episodes followed by dull ones. Even episodes that are dull as dishwater for practically the whole running time then suddenly kick off for the last 5 minutes. It may be intentional but i find it makes the show feel very uneven. Something that does frustrate me.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Thats pretty much the Walking Dead Dem. Cracking episodes followed by dull ones. Even episodes that are dull as dishwater for practically the whole running time then suddenly kick off for the last 5 minutes. It may be intentional but i find it makes the show feel very uneven. Something that does frustrate me.
I like Andrew Lincoln in his lead role, he was great in Teachers too if anyone watched that.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 26th October 2015, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
This is it to a T which is frustrating, but when it's high it's HIGH!! You can easily have 5-6 episode runs where nothing happens, like literally just character drama with the backdrop of zombies.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 26th October 2015, 01:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This is it to a T which is frustrating, but when it's high it's HIGH!! You can easily have 5-6 episode runs where nothing happens, like literally just character drama with the backdrop of zombies.
Haha i hope not. Series one is only six episodes.
Old 26th October 2015, 01:07 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm talking like mid-season 4 and 5, 3 on the whole is pretty low-key to be honest but it's good!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 26th October 2015, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've watched the first 2 eps in season 6, and I can't watch the new ep tonight as I'm going out but i'm seriously gagging to see it

Compared to the very flat beginning of season 5, 6 has been a belter so far!

I was definitely shocked by...
SPOILER:
the savagery on display from the 'wolves at the gate' just mercilessly hacking away at anything that doesn't have a W on their head. In episode 1 right at the end when the horn went off I was almost screaming at the telly haha!!
And tonights is a bit of a corker not in same sense as last week but i wasnt dissapointed.
The thing is you can create the ultimate tv shows and not every episode going to suit everyone. But you need some slow episodes to build characters and build what coming up, you cant have every episode with a bang then that be takjng away the story and characters. Yes some episodes arent as good as other but personaly even the slower episodes ive enjoyed.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!