Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2015, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Lot of people complaining about the latest episode, I personally thought it was brilliant. Seriously cannot wait for the Mid-season Finale, I'm predicting the best one yet!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th November 2015, 12:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Lot of people complaining about the latest episode, I personally thought it was brilliant. Seriously cannot wait for the Mid-season Finale, I'm predicting the best one yet!
Ive enjoyed every episode so far. Ppl have been complaing about the series but you got to have a storyline or a build up, explanation of ppl characters etc, you cant just have action action action all the time. Then if they did that ppl would complain there no character building or no storyline, i feel some shows cant win and if you have one excellent episode then ppl expect every epsiode to be excellent, but to me each episode has been good in its own way.
Old 5th November 2015, 01:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've only seen the first series of The Walking Dead. I'll start on series 2 when i've finished series 1 of Grimm.

The problem it might have and i say this only after reading comments on here regarding people's complaints is that there's only so much you can actually do with zombies. After all they are dead and don't really do much at all, also what they can do has been explored in so many other films, new ideas will be difficult to come by.

The characters are what makes a show such as this, the zombies are really only the background to how the characters play off each other.

It was great adding Norman Reedus to the mix in the third episode as the whole thing was starting to feel tired so quickly. Taking the action to the Centre for Disease Control and adding Noah Emmerich to the story also made it more interesting as suddenly characters faced a dilemma of whether to stay and die or move on and also possibly die.

It's all a lot better than Grimm which i'm really struggling with. It's all very much monster of the week without much in the way of character development. I am expecting it to improve though as it's just begun it's fifth season last week.
Old 5th November 2015, 02:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've only seen the first series of The Walking Dead. I'll start on series 2 when i've finished series 1 of Grimm. ...
Haha, what a swap

Don't understand me wrong, but TWD is one of my favourite shows right now, definitely not the best by objective standards, but since I am a Zombie-Nerd, that catapults it up there with all the critically acclaimed good shows I also like ;-) Grimm on the other hand is a guilty pleasure series, not really bad, but also not really good, it wins by some hilariously funny characters (my favourites are Wu and Munroe) and of course the German-like words for the "Wesen" (funnily pronounced as "wessen" ). It gets repetitive over the seasons, but still has enough ideas to keep me onboard...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th November 2015, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran

I was disappointed when I watched episode 4 on Tuesday, but after watching The Talking Dead the next day and saw how excited everyone was for the episode I have changed my mind some what, it was a bit of a crash landing after such heady highs but John Carroll Lynch was outstanding.

I think my problem is, I'm not really all that bothered about Morgan...

I thought the wraparound section was good though!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th November 2015, 02:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sometimes being up to date with the comic book counterpart ruins the show for me, because I have a general idea where they're going with the show, more so this season, however certain characters are different, Morgan being a prime example
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th November 2015, 02:52 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes being up to date with the comic book counterpart ruins the show for me, because I have a general idea where they're going with the show, more so this season, however certain characters are different, Morgan being a prime example
I've just started the books, I did plan on buying one of the trade paperbacks a month ages ago and I only bought the first 2, but this month I have bought 3 & 4, even coming to the end of book 2 which collects issues #7-12 I'm surprised about how different it is! Is Daryl not even in the books?

I'm really enjoying them though but it'll be a while until I'm up to date!

Old 5th November 2015, 03:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Daryl (and Merle) were created for the show, Daryl because Norman Reedus impressed them so much in his audition for Merle, they wrote the part especially for him. I don't want to say too much about the changes, obviously not everyone is up to date with the show or the books. I did consider creating a separate thread to discuss both for those that are, but I don't think there's any point really, it was mainly so I could talk about it without the risk of spoilers
Justin101 likes this.
Old 6th November 2015, 05:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Daryl (and Merle) were created for the show, Daryl because Norman Reedus impressed them so much in his audition for Merle, they wrote the part especially for him. I don't want to say too much about the changes, obviously not everyone is up to date with the show or the books. I did consider creating a separate thread to discuss both for those that are, but I don't think there's any point really, it was mainly so I could talk about it without the risk of spoilers
I think you should feel free to, as long as you put in big letters

WARNING SPOILER ALERT

That way ppl will know then its upto them if they want to read on.
Old 6th November 2015, 09:34 AM
Cult Veteran

There are spoiler tags as well so you could use them stating comic book issue xx and then spoiler the content

actually... I get the feeling that they don't work correctly on the tapatalk app and most of us use that!

Like this? Share it using the links below!