Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2017, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I was well into it. Great stuff.

Take prisoners after all that Saviour scum has done?
They should have just killed the lot of them. No good will come of taking these guys alive.
Exactly after all the people they killed should be just kill kill kill , never has taking prisoners been a good thing .
Old 6th November 2017, 07:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

The only thing annoying about this weeks episode.
Jesus sticking up for the Saviours again. Taking them prisoner and expecting them to change once the siege is over is madness. "They surrendered"
So what?
I was shouting at the screen!
Daryl has the right idea. Just kill them.
Rik and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 6th November 2017, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
The only thing annoying about this weeks episode.
Jesus sticking up for the Saviours again. Taking them prisoner and expecting them to change once the siege is over is madness. "They surrendered"
So what?
I was shouting at the screen!
Daryl has the right idea. Just kill them.
Same as Morgan he do the same ,
Quite frankly I would as well if they did that to my friends etc ,
I wouldn't take prisoners nothing ever good comes from it . I also enjoyed this weeks episode .
Old 8th November 2017, 05:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm now three episodes into season two of Fear the Walking Dead and really enjoying it.

The boat as a location certainly adds to the overall effect and it now feels different yet also similar to it's parent show.
Rik, Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 9th November 2017, 03:41 AM
Cult Master

Zavvi have got an exclusive blu-ray release of 'The Walking Dead - Season 7'

It costs £119.99 (Save: £60.00) and the packaging contains a 'Limited Edition Spike Walker'. No, means nothing to me either!

Extra features are:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Inside THE WALKING DEAD
  • The Making Of THE WALKING DEAD
  • In Memoriam
  • A Larger World
  • Breaking and Rebuilding
  • A New Chapter of Fear
  • The Writers
  • Top Walkers
  • Warrior Women
  • Audio commentaries on the following episodes: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be, The Cell, Rock in the Road, Hostiles and Calamities, Bury Me Here, The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-wa...dget_id=810501
Dave Boy likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th November 2017, 04:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Zavvi have got an exclusive blu-ray release of 'The Walking Dead - Season 7'

It costs £119.99 (Save: £60.00) and the packaging contains a 'Limited Edition Spike Walker'. No, means nothing to me either!

Extra features are:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Inside THE WALKING DEAD
  • The Making Of THE WALKING DEAD
  • In Memoriam
  • A Larger World
  • Breaking and Rebuilding
  • A New Chapter of Fear
  • The Writers
  • Top Walkers
  • Warrior Women
  • Audio commentaries on the following episodes: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be, The Cell, Rock in the Road, Hostiles and Calamities, Bury Me Here, The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-wa...dget_id=810501
for that price I would want all series of walking dead not just series 7 .
Old 9th November 2017, 04:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Walking Dead Season 8's Ratings Are at a Series Low | Den of Geek

The Walking Dead Season 8's Ratings Are at a Series Low

The Walking Dead season 8 is in trouble, as the show's ratings continue to plummet.

Nov 7, 2017
The Walking Dead season eight is off to a very rough start. Three weeks into the season, the show has seen notably low viewership numbers as well as a ratings low on review score aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. In fact, last Sunday's episode, "Monsters," is the lowest rated episode three in the series' history, sitting at a rotten 52%.

Previous episode threes have performed much more formidably. Even last year's painful-to-watch "The Cell," which was basically an hour of Daryl eating dog food sandwiches and listening to that terrible "Easy Street" song, scored a 76% on the Tomatometer (at the time, this was the lowest episode three score in series history). The low scores may very well mark a decline in the show's storytelling.

You can see the show's steady decline in terms of its fandom, too. The Walking Dead's numbers haven't been this bad since season two. "Monsters" had 8.52 million viewers. "The Cell" had 11.72 million viewers. Season six episode three, "Thank You," the episode in which AMC fake-killed Glenn, had 13.14 million viewers. The show's lowest third episode is season one's "Tell It to the Frogs," with 5.07 million viewers.

It's safe to say The Walking Dead has fallen quite a bit from last year's highly anticipated season premiere, which enjoyed 17.03 million viewers, the second most-watched episode in the series' history. Yes, it's normal for a show's numbers to start to fall over the years, but The Walking Deadis plummeting at an alarming rate.

It doesn't help that the season's current "All Out War" arc isn't exactly captivating audiences. What was supposed to be an action-packed confrontation between Rick and Negan's forces has turned out to be a pretty stale start to the season. I've certainly not been a fan of what showrunner Scott Gimple and the writers have turned out in the first three episodes. Perhaps it might be time to shake up the show's creative and bring in new blood to take the reins.

The problem might not completely lie with the way the show's being written, though. AMC might also carry some of the blame for the way the show delivers its stories. According to Forbes, The Walking Dead had a budget of $3.4 million per episode in season one, which was cut down in subsequent seasons to $2.75 million per episode. While the show has risen in popularity over the years, AMC has never increased The Walking Dead's budget. With its ever-growing cast of characters, the show might be spreading itself incredibly too thin to produce quality episodes.

The decline comes just as AMC CEO Josh Sapan teased that The Walking Dead could be around for several more decades.

“The use of the word ‘franchise,’ we don’t take lightly," said Sapan during a conference call with Wall Street analysts. "It’s not a sloppy or casual word. We’ve studied the best. Some have been around 30, 40, 50 years. We have a chance for a lot of life in the franchise.”

Sapan's comments also echo Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman's sentiment towards the series. Kirkman has said that he's not ready to close out the comic book series any time soon and that he was "very hopeful [the TV series] will last to Season 10 and beyond."

Back in January, Kirkman wrote in the comic's letter section that the show currently had enough material to last until at least season 12.

"It took us 6 seasons to get to 100," Kirkman wrote. "It won’t take us 6 years to get to 200 and that will take us to season … TWELVE. And we’ll still be ahead of the show at that point."

As of this writing, the comic is currently on issue #173 and counting.

While 50 years of The Walking Dead on television wasn't even remotely likely in the first place, the show might not even reach a tiny fraction of that if its numbers continue to decline as they have. Not even Kirkman's proposed season 12. Mind you, the show's numbers are still great when compared to other programs populating Sunday nights, but that cushion could very well be gone by the time season nine comes around
Old 9th November 2017, 03:41 PM
Ex-member

I have not seen any of this series at all.
Old 10th November 2017, 07:36 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
I have not seen any of this series at all.

You’re honestly not missing much. Episodes 2 and 3, imo, have been poor.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

After rattling through the first two series of Fear the Walking Dead i'm not sure what to think.

Some of it was excellent - the boat set episodes at the start of series two - but then it sort of dragged and felt like it's sister show but with lesser characters.

Aside from Madison, Nick and Victor i found it difficult to like the characters or root for them. Ruben Blades, Daniel, who was one of the brighter sparks went missing midway through season two. I suspect he might be back even if it was implied he was killed. Chris i hated from the start.

Whilst it was boat bound everything seemed fresh but it quickly turned into the same old same old in regard to how the story lines were structured. For the farm in The Walking Dead see the hotel in Fear the Walking Dead, that sort of thing.

I can't see me buying the third series. There's so much else out there.

Like this? Share it using the links below!