Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2021, 02:34 PM
Active Cultist

So is anyone still interested in this show ?. I bought my son one of those multi series sets a couple of years ago and gradually watched all the way through.
Looking back I'd say that it probably peaked during the governor storyline and has been on a rapid decline since the Negan character was introduced. Looking at the ratings it's a surprise it hasn't been cancelled.
Old 25th April 2021, 02:42 PM
Cult Addict

I think i heard it's getting cancelled after series 11 or something. But they were going to do a few films at some point, don't know if thats still on.

When i had Amazon Prime for a month free recently i watched series 9, i still liked it but it does draw stuff out too much, also it's quite repetitive.

But i always enjoy the zombie makeup and gruesome set pieces and occasional nods to films.

I will watch the next series at some point but not subscribing to TV of any kind i will just probably wait until they're on Prime and i get another trial, they normally do it once a year or so.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 25th April 2021, 04:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I think i heard it's getting cancelled after series 11 or something. But they were going to do a few films at some point, don't know if thats still on.

When i had Amazon Prime for a month free recently i watched series 9, i still liked it but it does draw stuff out too much, also it's quite repetitive.

But i always enjoy the zombie makeup and gruesome set pieces and occasional nods to films.

I will watch the next series at some point but not subscribing to TV of any kind i will just probably wait until they're on Prime and i get another trial, they normally do it once a year or so.

Yes series 11 is the last , the rating didn’t fall due to introduction of Negan they fell because ppl where disgusted at the violence when he killed Glen and the others, hence did ppl notice after half way through season 7 break when it come back and season 8 the violence and gore was toned down,

The violence and tonning down the gore etc caused lose of viewers.
I gave up around half way through season 9,

Yes there’s going to be several films and more walking dead spin-offs and sidelines and walking dead universe etc etc.

Last edited by gag; 25th April 2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 25th July 2021, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/367...s-final-season

The Walking Dead” Season 11: Comic-Con@Home Trailer Previews 3 Minutes of the Show’s FINAL Season

Can’t remember exactly when I stopped watching it but it was half way through a season the one where they found them dead with their heads on a post.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 25th July 2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 25th July 2021, 06:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, same with me. About the same time.
Old 25th July 2021, 07:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/367...s-final-season

The Walking Dead” Season 11: Comic-Con@Home Trailer Previews 3 Minutes of the Show’s FINAL Season

Can’t remember exactly when I stopped watching it but it was half way through a season the one where they found them dead with their heads on a post.
I've seen every episode which has been broadcast so far and am eagerly anticipating the 11th season because there are plenty of unresolved narrative and character arcs.

I have a series link which will record all the episodes; I'll try to avoid spoilers online and watch the season in a week when the penultimate episode has been shown.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!