Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

nekromantik 11th December 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 116410)
Given that the series was only 6 episodes, I thought it had a natural end. They didn't have the green light for a series 2 when it was made so it would have been more frustrating having a cliff hanger and not the pay off had a second series not been approved.

I liked the way the writers played around with the perceptions of fans that follow the comic book. I was one of those wondering if they were going to kill off Andrea (who has an important role in the book).

TWD hasn't been the most exciting show this season. Dexter takes that away with a nail biting season 5 finale coming up.

I understand that they were going for a more charcter based less action season one but the finale imo could have ended better.

And +1 about Dexter, im loving every min of Season 5, last 2 seasons have been simply amazing!! Lets hope they keep up the momentum. It has been given a 6th Season but not 7th for some reason. Back on season 4 they green lit 2 seasons in advanced but this time only 1 so hope thats not a sign saying it will be the last. :eek:

But thats going off topic :lol:

DJBenz 18th December 2010 05:40 PM

If the character-driven pace of TWD was a bit slow for you, yo might enjoy this:

The Best Horror Media Reviews - Every Zombie Kill in The Walking Dead

wayfarer 21st October 2011 10:52 AM

Anyone excited about the premiere of Season 2 being shown on FXUK tonight? I am! Currently also reading The Walking Dead novel about the Rise of the Governor.

antmumford 21st October 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191778)
Anyone excited about the premiere of Season 2 being shown on FXUK tonight? I am! Currently also reading The Walking Dead novel about the Rise of the Governor.

I'm soooo excited, especially cos they're playing the first two episodes back to back. This has been long awaited and the day has finally come. Bring on some Zombie carnage :woot:

wayfarer 21st October 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 191801)
I'm soooo excited, especially cos they're playing the first two episodes back to back. This has been long awaited and the day has finally come. Bring on some Zombie carnage :woot:

But are they? When I went to Sky+ it, it came out as just over an hour. Maybe they're taking out the ads?

antmumford 21st October 2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191806)
But are they? When I went to Sky+ it, it came out as just over an hour. Maybe they're taking out the ads?

Just checked TV Guide, it's definitely both episodes. On from 9pm to 11.10pm

Baseball Fury 21st October 2011 12:14 PM

9pm until 10pm is episode 6 of season 1 I'm afraid! :(

antmumford 21st October 2011 12:29 PM

Sorry all, my bad. Didn't read the guide properly at all. Doh! :doh:

pedromonkey 21st October 2011 12:46 PM

episode 1 of season 2 is about 53 minutes long, that's minus ad breaks, it's also pretty freaking cool. i saw it on monday and loved it..

wayfarer 21st October 2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 191816)
Just checked TV Guide, it's definitely both episodes. On from 9pm to 11.10pm

Cheers my friend! Will see what's going on with Sky+ later. I ain't gonna miss it!!!:clap::clap::clap: