Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2010, 06:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
BTW: Get a load of this "reviewer". What a ------- *insert appropriate expletive that is bound to offend*

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » ‘The Walking Dead
Unbelievable! I actually found myself shouting at the laptop just reading it. What a plonker, does he not know anything about how TV shows work. It works because we get to know and love the characters. That review has made me angry because some people won't watch now and people really need to see it to make their own judgement. Everyones entitled to their opinions but it's as if he hasn't even sat down and watched it properly or understood that it's based on a graphic novel!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th November 2010, 06:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Unbelievable! I actually found myself shouting at the laptop just reading it. What a plonker, does he not know anything about how TV shows work. It works because we get to know and love the characters. That review has made me angry because some people won't watch now and people really need to see it to make their own judgement. Everyones entitled to their opinions but it's as if he hasn't even sat down and watched it properly or understood that it's based on a graphic novel!
What irks me the most, is the guy can't have seen the entire 6 episode run. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence must realise that the series has been building up. Episode 4 makes this very clear. If the comic book is anything to go by it might end the first season with a fatal clash between survivors (not a spoiler because I have no idea how it wil end).
Old 26th November 2010, 12:51 PM
Active Cultist

Have not read the comics but liking the series a lot. Well written and keeps your attention. Loved the scene where he gets stuck in the tank..
Old 26th November 2010, 04:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks for the info on the comics guys. I'll try Forbidden Planet and see what they have as i'll be in town early next week before I start looking online.
Old 27th November 2010, 03:34 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Thanks for the info on the comics guys. I'll try Forbidden Planet and see what they have as i'll be in town early next week before I start looking online.
Waterstones are pushing the graphic novels in the sci-fi / fantasy section, if you have one near you.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 29th November 2010, 03:17 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Episode 2 aside*, it's very "soap opera-ey" so far. Not very impressed. I can see myself getting bored if it carries on in this style. I'm not sure zombies are suitable for a series approach such as this.

Fingers crossed, but I think it's going to go tits up very soon, to be honest.

*Epsiode 2 had tension, action, plenty of monsters, minimal whining about relationships and other soap crap, a Dodge Challenger R/T and Michael Rooker. It will take a lot to live up to that!
Old 29th November 2010, 03:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
BTW: Get a load of this "reviewer". What a ------- *insert appropriate expletive that is bound to offend*

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » ‘The Walking Dead
I thought he was pretty much spot on, to be honest. Sorry.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:33 AM
Cultist

Episode 4 was a bit of a corker, with just the right mix of zombies and tension with the stand-off between the group and the hispanic survivors. Probably the best episode thus far, or perhaps the first - I can't decide, but it was written by Robert Kirkman (who wrote the graphic novels) so it should have been one of the stand-outs. I can't really understand why they chop and change writers through the series, it's only 6 episodes so surely that's not a big stretch for one writer to accomplish?

If anyone's interested, we've been reviewing each episode as it airs:

The Walking Dead - Episode 1: Days Gone Bye
The Walking Dead - Episode 2: Guts
The Walking Dead - Episode 3: Tell It to the Frogs
The Walking Dead - Episode 4: Vatos

Looking forward to episode 5 now!
Old 30th November 2010, 02:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched episode 5 last night and really enjoyed it, a bit of a sad one too but the cliffhanger ending was spot on....roll on season 1 finale...
Old 30th November 2010, 04:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yep Episode 4 was a good one - still not as good as Ep 2, in my opinion, but a step up from 3. Probably watch 5 tonight.

Like this? Share it using the links below!