Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2017, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

WARNING Spoiler alert if you don't know

The Walking Dead season 8: Carl actor Chandler Riggs' father claims show fired his son: 'I never trusted them'

Oh please whether you agree or not for godsake shut up ,
He got killed that's how the story goes , so should every person that gets killed in TV shows moan that's how showbiz work,
Be thankfull his son got a part in the show many people would have loved to have , more and more people seems ungratefull and negative instead of being grateful and positive .
Hate whingy arse people like that .
Old 12th December 2017, 09:34 PM
Cult Addict

I think the problem is that apparently he'd been signed on for a few more years.
In that case i think it's reasonable that he's "a bit ****ed off"
Also apparently his comic character is very important to the future storyline, in this case fanboys are annoyed because it's screwing with the accepted timeline.
I watch the t.v series and that's it so i'm not that bothered either way.
So apparently gag that is not how the story goes.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 12th December 2017, 11:47 PM
Cult Addict

Latest episode. What a bloody mess.
Agree completely with Stephens comment earlier in the thread. Lazy writing, stupid plotting. For all the pointless yakking on screen most of the actual plot points of the episode aren't even shown. Just pointless and frustrating.
Old 13th December 2017, 12:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I think the problem is that apparently he'd been signed on for a few more years.
Also apparently his comic character is very important to the future storyline, in this case fanboys are annoyed because it's screwing with the accepted timeline.

This fanboy is super pissed about it because he’s got some awesome story arcs after All Out War that are gonna get given to other characters or cut completely, Gimple is a ****ing dick and needs firing because he’s practically killed the show now
nosferatu42 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th December 2017, 12:47 AM
Cult Addict

Like i said i'm not a fanboy, but i generally like the series.

It kinda amuses me because i remember a lot of internet people saying Carl was a waste of space and pointless character, i never minded him to be honest.
So it seems it's a case of trying to please the masses, ie general watchers over the people who are fans.
In the end no one seems happy.

Just to weigh in on the last episode, it was ok.
I also thought it was too dark to actually get a grip of what was happening(i get it's probably supposed to be the darkest hour) and a bit haphazard as to plotting, one minute the saviours are almost beaten, the next they are just as strong as ever.

I could have done without the cheesy faces montages.

Still i'm invested in the characters now so will watch it regardless, but i also feel the head guy is screwing up a perfectly decent show.

This series so far has seemed compromised and a little lacklustre, probably still affected from the backlash to Glen getting his head smashed in.

As you can see i'm no expert but if they actually want to save he show the writers need to stop pandering to social media judgemental ****wits and just concentrate on telling a decent story, and pile on the gore if that is what a story needs,after all this is a story about survivors in a ravaged dog eat dog world, not 'Little house on the prairie".

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 13th December 2017, 04:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I don't read the comics , but my main point was people get written out or killed , just accept it and be grateful he was in the show in the first place , its well known things don't always happen to what or how people like to characters or people who star in the show. (Any show not just referring to walking dead )
Over all I've not been keen on this series in general. Even on previous series and episodes where people have complained I general don't mind.
But agree to fact people slightly alter characters and the story, but to completely change it altogether isn't good at all and can understand people anger .
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 13th December 2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 13th December 2017, 05:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

This season has been very off. It's the most terrible since season 2, and is probably worse. That's really saying something considering the show has always been guilty of shabby writing since Frank Darabont was fired as showrunner. The writing has been so clumsy this season that it's failed to hold my interest. I've been anticipating the war with Negan, but now it's here, I couldn't give a shit, because everything has been so anti-climactic. Do you remember how awesome season 1 was? Yeah, it was a long time ago.
nosferatu42 likes this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 13th December 2017, 08:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

I read that Chandler Riggs wanted to take a year or so out of the show to go to College or something. That may be why they went down the route they did. Who knows?
Old 13th December 2017, 08:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
This season has been very off. It's the most terrible since season 2, and is probably worse. That's really saying something considering the show has always been guilty of shabby writing since Frank Darabont was fired as showrunner. The writing has been so clumsy this season that it's failed to hold my interest. I've been anticipating the war with Negan, but now it's here, I couldn't give a shit, because everything has been so anti-climactic. Do you remember how awesome season 1 was? Yeah, it was a long time ago.
This season had such potential but sloppy sloppy storytelling and an inane refusal to just tell a linear story for once has fuffed it. Also the fact that Rick has had ample opportunities to just end Negan and doesn't take them purely to drag out the storyline. Pivotal parts of the story needed to be seen and were skimmed over and yet the episode last night was chock full of stupid monologues and character montages.
Old 13th December 2017, 11:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

TWD was one of my all-time favourite TV shows, mainly of course, due to the presence of zombies, but over the years, more stuff I liked was added and so I did not suffer from the fading presence of zombies, which is pretty much logical with the passing of time. I also had no problem when the series, which seemed more like a planned mini-series at the start was extended to a no end-end-in-sight soap, which is probably the part that led to parting ways with Darabont. I like some soap operas and know that some stuff must be accepted to like these kind of shows, which is mainly a pretty much immortal main cast. I also know that this is the farthest distance they can make to films - I was ok with that, started to really like the main cast and still do and therefore went through some low points with excuses (if need be) - now I am really frustrated with the first half of season 8, I could maybe cut together one episode that might rate as ok but not really good. The mid-season cliffhanger was a good moment, as hard as it is, it kicks some life into the show (no pun intended, although it is a good one!). But I dread that tehy will go on with their hacked up time-line chaos that has pested all episodes this season so far... If they pull a 5th ace out of the sleeve (the dumpster card ) and take back the effect of the cliffhanger, I might really consider trying to stop watching (which I will most likely not manage to do), but I might really watch it like other series with not much passion...

One thing I really hope is that tehy now move pretty much far away from the comic books, the known storylines and the insensitve comic fans t6hat liekm to spoil things are worse than any Walker on the show...
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!