Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The X-Files (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/5861-x-files.html)

InDogWeTrust 9th June 2011 02:23 AM

The X-Files

I am jaw dropped at the fact that there's no X-Files thread here. :shocked:
The only one I could find is this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim corrupt (Post 20673)
Just got back into the X Files for the first time since i was a nipper as i got the Season 1 box set for xmas.

i picked up the original X Files: The Movie from CEX on saturday for £3 (!!) and was wondering when the best place is to watch it?
Do any fans know where the movie is best watched in relation to the seasons?

:doh: That's not even an X-Files thread, It's just a random question which can easily be found on google.

I'm certain that if there's fans of TFTC and The Twilight Zone on Cult Labs then there has to be X-Files fans so i'm starting this thread

:clap:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 12:12 PM

I enjoyed the X-Files for the first 4 seasons and then lost interest, i felt it had run out of one off storylines and the main plot was going nowhere, far too many questions and a lack of answers.

I picked up series 1 on dvd a couple of years ago and enjoyed it again, i haven't followed it up yet though. Its one of those things i would like to buy but its not essential .

InDogWeTrust 9th June 2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 156818)
I enjoyed the X-Files for the first 4 seasons and then lost interest, i felt it had run out of one off storylines and the main plot was going nowhere, far too many questions and a lack of answers.

I picked up series 1 on dvd a couple of years ago and enjoyed it again, i haven't followed it up yet though. Its one of those things i would like to buy but its not essential .

Oh man, I am a huge fan.
It took me about two years but I have all the seasons + the two films.

The story line is great to follow when you watch all the seasons in order for the first time but now I just go back and watch random episodes.

I've really been meaning to pick up The Lone Gunman spin off series because those guys have got to be my favourite characters. It's so expensive everywhere though!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 12:26 PM

I have the two films as well, i prefer I want to believe to the first one.

InDogWeTrust 9th June 2011 12:29 PM

Hmm, I don't really know which I prefer. I think they're both good in their own way.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 12:31 PM

Its reading and posting in threads like this that make me think "should i have a look how much season 2 is at the moment?" :lol:

InDogWeTrust 9th June 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 156825)
Its reading and posting in threads like this that make me think "should i have a look how much season 2 is at the moment?" :lol:

If you do, I bet it will grow on you!

g053584398 9th July 2011 01:24 AM

A wonderful series with some great storylines and many great individual episodes. To my mind one of the finest television drama series of all time.

Baseball Fury 9th July 2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 156821)
Oh man, I am a huge fan.
It took me about two years but I have all the seasons + the two films.

The story line is great to follow when you watch all the seasons in order for the first time but now I just go back and watch random episodes.

I've really been meaning to pick up The Lone Gunman spin off series because those guys have got to be my favourite characters. It's so expensive everywhere though!

Exactly what he said. I picked them.all up one a month when they were £15 each in HMV a few years back. great stuff (but it's no Twin Peaks :tongue1:)

InDogWeTrust 9th July 2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 164571)
Exactly what he said. I picked them.all up one a month when they were £15 each in HMV a few years back. great stuff (but it's no Twin Peaks :tongue1:)

I saw yours in your pictures on the collection thread. You have those nice fat box's, I like the look of those. I prefer mine though...just in ordinary sized DVD cases, 1 case per season. Saves so much damn space compared to some of those other box's i've seen.

XFiles is the greatest ever though. It will always beat Twin Peaks ;)