Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 4th November 2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 424210)
I spoke too soon, episode 2 felt like a filler which I could forgive mid season but the second episode!!!

Agree very poor, hope this isn't going to be the quality of the rest of the season

Susan Foreman 5th November 2014 04:03 PM

I don't get a lot of time to watch television, but...

I recorded 'Storyville: Exposed - Magicians, Psychics and Frauds" on BBC2 on Sunday evening, and I watched it this morning

It was a fascinating documentary about James Randi, and his success with debunking faith healers, fortune tellers and psychics.

It also covered his time as a magician, and the work he has done with Alice Cooper - he played the mad dentist in the 'Good To See You Again' live DVD, and he designed the guillotine for this tour

However, I was disappointed that the documentary spent too much time on his private life tho - I would rather have seen more footage of him exposing frauds!

Rik 5th November 2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 424351)
I don't get a lot of time to watch television, but...

I recorded 'Storyville: Exposed - Magicians, Psychics and Frauds" on BBC2 on Sunday evening, and I watched it this morning

It was a fascinating documentary about James Randi, and his success with debunking faith healers, fortune tellers and psychics.

It also covered his time as a magician, and the work he has done with Alice Cooper - he played the mad dentist in the 'Good To See You Again' live DVD, and he designed the guillotine for this tour

However, I was disappointed that the documentary spent too much time on his private life tho - I would rather have seen more footage of him exposing frauds!

I didn't see this myself, but a mate from Uni was telling me about it on our way to Leeds yesterday, gonna check it out on the BBC iPlayer if I get chance

Demoncrat 5th November 2014 05:14 PM

BBC4's screening of The Mummy. Looked lovely.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2014 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm four episodes into series 4 of Misfits.

Perhaps not as strong as it's predecessors this series has the problem of replacing the majority of it's cast. Only the excellent Rudy remains from series 3 following the death of Curtis.

One brilliant new addition is the new probation worker Greg. If MTDS was a probation worker then i'm sure he'd be Greg. That's all you need to know. :lol:

Consistently funny, extremely crude and often very gory - witness one character hack sawing his hand off in glorious close up. If you've never seen Misfits it's well worth seeking out.

Make Them Die Slowly 5th November 2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 424402)
I'm four episodes into series 4 of Misfits.

Perhaps not as strong as it's predecessors this series has the problem of replacing the majority of it's cast. Only the excellent Rudy remains from series 3 following the death of Curtis.

One brilliant new addition is the new probation worker Greg. If MTDS was a probation worker then i'm sure he'd be Greg. That's all you need to know. :lol:

Consistently funny, extremely crude and often very gory - witness one character hack sawing his hand off is glorious close up. If you've never seen Misfits it's well worth seeking out.

Oi! I might just make you my Finn.

Make Them Die Slowly 5th November 2014 10:46 PM

Is series 4 the last one Dem? If so, it finishes on a well thought out and satisfying high note.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 424403)
Oi! I might just make you my Finn.

Nothing has happened between Finn and Greg yet.

Plenty has happened to Finn though. A blowjob from his stepmom, keeping his girlfriend chained up in a room etc.

Did i say Finn?

I meant Ron.

Make Them Die Slowly 5th November 2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 424405)
Nothing has happened between Finn and Greg yet.

Plenty has happened to Finn though. A blowjob from his stepmom, keeping his girlfriend chained up in a room etc.

Did i say Finn?

I meant Ron.

Greg gets scary as f*ck later on.

Gigantor 6th November 2014 12:11 AM

EPIC INK is a great non fake drama added like in the surplus of other crappy so called reality Tattoo shows

Im warming up to GOTHAM more and more with each ep.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY is not cutting it this season