Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 5th September 2017 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished season one is f daredevil and up to date with season 3 of Rick and Morty.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2017 09:39 PM

Watched the first four part story of Armchair Thriller over the last two nights.

Rachel in Danger.

All i've got to say is. Wow that was boring! :nod: :lol: I had hopes for it too seeing as it starred Stephen Grief who played the dastardly Travis in Blakes-7

J Harker 5th September 2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549291)
Watched the first four part story of Armchair Thriller over the last two nights.

Rachel in Danger.

All i've got to say is. Wow that was boring! :nod: [emoji38] I had hopes for it too seeing as it starred Stephen Grief who played the dastardly Travis in Blakes-7

[emoji38]
The next one's about a kidnapped dog.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549301)
[emoji38]

Can't wait! :rolleyes: :lol:

I only bought it because mr420 kept banging on about a nun story that scared him or something. :axekiller:

Demoncrat 5th September 2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 549288)
Finished season one is f daredevil and up to date with season 3 of Rick and Morty.

PICKLERICCCCKKKK!!!!!!!

;):hail:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549301)
[emoji38]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549303)
Can't wait! :rolleyes: :lol:

You swine Harker. :lol:

A Dogs Ransom is brilliant. I ended up watching three of the six episodes last night. Didn't get to bed until quarter past one.

trebor8273 6th September 2017 08:43 PM

Started Jessica Jones forgot how much I enjoyed this the first time I watched it, also liked the noir/hardboiled PI vibe.

J Harker 6th September 2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549332)
You swine Harker. [emoji38]

A Dogs Ransom is brilliant. I ended up watching three of the six episodes last night. Didn't get to bed until quarter past one.

Really?? You take the piss surely?

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549432)
Really?? You take the piss surely?

No, it's excellent. Highly un-PC as well.

J Harker 6th September 2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549436)
No, it's excellent. Highly un-PC as well.

I struggled to get through it. I get that Rachel in Danger is rather underwhelming but the dog one just seemed so pointless.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549443)
I struggled to get through it. I get that Rachel in Danger is rather underwhelming but the dog one just seemed so pointless.

Well *spoiler alert* i thought it became interesting when the dog was killed towards the end of episode one.

J Harker 6th September 2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549446)
Well *spoiler alert* i thought it became interesting when the dog was killed towards the end of episode one.

While i agree with that, its not like it really went anywhere afterward.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549455)
While i agree with that, its not like it really went anywhere afterward.

Maybe these last three episodes will be tedious then?

Demoncrat 6th September 2017 10:38 PM

Been hipped to the fact that Supernatural Series 6 is a tad Lovecrafty ;)
And the people I dogsat to had a lot of that....so I've borrowed it.
Expect some reviews shortly .... good or bad ... whatever. I've sat through Die Monster Die a few times .... can't be worse than that :laugh:

J Harker 6th September 2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549456)
Maybe these last three episodes will be tedious then?

See what you think Dem. It was a few months ago and i don't remember it very well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549458)
See what you think Dem. It was a few months ago and i don't remember it very well.

Did you like any of them, J?

J Harker 6th September 2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549459)
Did you like any of them, J?

I've only watched Rachel in Danger and A Dogs Ransom. I actually thought Rachel was reasonable, on a par with a weak episode of Thriller. The dog one hasn't left me inspired to watch more.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549464)
I've only watched Rachel in Danger and A Dogs Ransom. I actually thought Rachel was reasonable, on a par with a weak episode of Thriller. The dog one hasn't left me inspired to watch more.

As i mentioned the other day, mr420 loves the nun one (fourth story) so that had better be good or else...

J Harker 6th September 2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549466)
As i mentioned the other day, mr420 loves the nun one (fourth story) so that had better be good or else...

He posted a link didn't he. About a year ago, of the nun one. Like you, i think that was where i got interested. I was expecting the series to be a bit closer to Ghost Stories for Xmas and supernatural horror in general based upon that. So far we've had a kidnapped Scottish girl and a kidnapped bloody poodle.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549468)
He posted a link didn't he. About a year ago, of the nun one. Like you, i think that was where i got interested. I was expecting the series to be a bit closer to Ghost Stories for Xmas and supernatural horror in general based upon that. So far we've had a kidnapped Scottish girl and a kidnapped bloody poodle.

I thought A Dog's Ramsom was terrific. - Murder, stabbings, police corruption - the missing dog had bugger all to do with it past the first couple of episodes. It's based on a novel by Patricia Highsmith.

Justin101 7th September 2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 549457)
Been hipped to the fact that Supernatural Series 6 is a tad Lovecrafty ;)
And the people I dogsat to had a lot of that....so I've borrowed it.
Expect some reviews shortly .... good or bad ... whatever. I've sat through Die Monster Die a few times .... can't be worse than that :laugh:

I bought the first season a little while back but haven't had the time to get started on it yet. It's up to season 12 so it must be pretty good, surely...?

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 549504)
I bought the first season a little while back but haven't had the time to get started on it yet. It's up to season 12 so it must be pretty good, surely...?

It is. I'm up to season 7. I buy and watch a season every so often.

Demoncrat 7th September 2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 549504)

Il only watch this one .... I can't really afford to get hooked again honest guvnor
Though knowing me ..... :rolleyes:

Make Them Die Slowly 7th September 2017 09:23 PM

Luther... addictive trash of a high order. Everything about it is wildly over the top yet somehow played out in a serious, downbeat way. I really liked the first few episodes when cast members spend more time sounding like forensic psychology books, barking out chunks of text rather than normal speech patterns at each other. Cannibals, vampires, homicidal gamers, and cop killers are just a few of the criminals who Luther faces while everyone around him dies. Worth watching alone for the ever excellent Stephen Macintosh, one of my favourite TV actors, who is the greatest "weak man" actor going.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 549575)
Luther... addictive trash of a high order. Everything about it is wildly over the top yet somehow played out in a serious, downbeat way. I really liked the first few episodes when cast members spend more time sounding like forensic psychology books, barking out chunks of text rather than normal speech patterns at each other. Cannibals, vampires, homicidal gamers, and cop killers are just a few of the criminals who Luther faces while everyone around him dies. Worth watching alone for the ever excellent Stephen Macintosh, one of my favourite TV actors, who is the greatest "weak man" actor going.

I love Luther, Idris Elba seems to be straight out of The Sweeney rather than a charming PC, er' copper and Ruth Wilson's Alice is a fantastic Moriarty.

Make Them Die Slowly 7th September 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549576)
I love Luther, Idris Elba seems to be straight out of The Sweeney rather than a charming PC, er' copper and Ruth Wilson's Alice is a fantastic Moriarty.

Elba makes good use of his size and has a great "hard man" swagger in it. Alice feels like she has been beamed in from some twisted film noir, full of pouting homicidal thrills. It is a very enjoyable series.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 549577)
Elba makes good use of his size and has a great "hard man" swagger in it. Alice feels like she has been beamed in from some twisted film noir, full of pouting homicidal thrills. It is a very enjoyable series.

Sadly there just isn't enough of it.

J Harker 7th September 2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 549578)
Sadly there just isn't enough of it.

Is there another series coming at some point? Idris Elbas success in movieland must impact it. Love Luther.

Make Them Die Slowly 7th September 2017 09:57 PM

I am also binging on "Toast of London" at the moment, spectacular stupidity from Matt Berry. The one with the Bruce Forsyth surgical accident is on a warped level of genius few reach.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 549580)
Is there another series coming at some point? Idris Elbas success in movieland must impact it. Love Luther.

Funny you should mention it, yes.

There will be another series (4 episodes). It will be filmed next year possibly for a Christmas release like the last er' series...all two episodes of it.

Luther series 5 CONFIRMED | Idris Elba returns for four new episodes of the BBC drama with filming to begin in 2018 - Radio Times

Demoncrat 7th September 2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 549581)
I am also binging on "Toast of London" at the moment, spectacular stupidity from Matt Berry. The one with the Bruce Forsyth surgical accident is on a warped level of genius few reach.

Micheal Ball!!! :laugh:
Enjoy, it's a constant pleasure .... you've seen Snuff Box aye???

trebor8273 10th September 2017 01:41 PM

Finished season one of Brooklyn 9 9, just started Bojack Horseman.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th September 2017 02:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I watched the first three – and so far only – seasons of Black Mirror, which I thank everyone for recommending. It's a brilliantly prescient and disturbing show which cleverly illustrates the dangers of our reliance on technology in a way which reminds me of some scenarios in novels by Philip K Dick. It's hard to pick out any favourite episodes, but White Christmas, the Christmas special, White Bear (the woman pursued by people with camera phones), Playtest (the extremes of gaming) and Be Right Back (a strange way of grieving) are all memorable. I'm eagerly anticipating season four.

After that, I've seen the first season of The Flight Of The Conchords (and have just started the second season), a show which I can watch many times and always find funny and the sixth season of Baywatch, which is notable for Mila Kunis' second appearance on the show (her first was in the fifth season) playing a blind girl. I'm nearly halfway through that and find it perfect for unwinding at the end of the day.

For those who are curious as to what Mila Kunis looked like in 1994 and 1995 during her appearances in Baywatch when she would have been 11 or 12 years old, I have attached screenshots. The first is from Aftershock in season five and the second Hot Stuff in season six.

Demoncrat 10th September 2017 06:41 PM

15 Million Credits also a firm favourite ....;)

trebor8273 11th September 2017 08:55 PM

Finished season one of Bojack Horseman and season 2 of Brooklyn 9 9 and started the expanse.

trebor8273 12th September 2017 06:13 PM

Just finished the pilot episode of The Orville. While not as funny as in was expecting and probably just above average it has potential to improve and with its tone will make a nice tonic to discovery which from all trailers looks very dark.

You can see that Seth really loves star trek and it comes across more of a homage than an outright spoof, its seems to be another show that critics dislike and the rest of us enjoyed it. At times I think critics hate fun!!

Will keep watching to see how it develops, also lets remember that most treks shows had a rocky first couple of seasons untill they found there feet.

But if you aren't a big fan of the humour of family guy and American dad I doubt this will change your mind.

Make Them Die Slowly 12th September 2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 549585)
Micheal Ball!!! :laugh:
Enjoy, it's a constant pleasure .... you've seen Snuff Box aye???

I watched the Michael Ball one last night. Excellent. Nope, not seen Snuff Box. Big fan of Matt Barry's folky prog rock band though.

Demoncrat 12th September 2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 550363)
I watched the Michael Ball one last night. Excellent. Nope, not seen Snuff Box. Big fan of Matt Barry's folky prog rock band though.

Then I highly recommend SB. There are musical interludes :lol: in amongst the lunacy
Hear also I, Regress ... a rather darker radio series starring Berry as a shrink :laugh:

gag 12th September 2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 549921)
I watched the first three – and so far only – seasons of Black Mirror, which I thank everyone for recommending. It's a brilliantly prescient and disturbing show which cleverly illustrates the dangers of our reliance on technology in a way which reminds me of some scenarios in novels by Philip K Dick. It's hard to pick out any favourite episodes, but White Christmas, the Christmas special, White Bear (the woman pursued by people with camera phones), Playtest (the extremes of gaming) and Be Right Back (a strange way of grieving) are all memorable. I'm eagerly anticipating season four.

After that, I've seen the first season of The Flight Of The Conchords (and have just started the second season), a show which I can watch many times and always find funny and the sixth season of Baywatch, which is notable for Mila Kunis' second appearance on the show (her first was in the fifth season) playing a blind girl. I'm nearly halfway through that and find it perfect for unwinding at the end of the day.

For those who are curious as to what Mila Kunis looked like in 1994 and 1995 during her appearances in Baywatch when she would have been 11 or 12 years old, I have attached screenshots. The first is from Aftershock in season five and the second Hot Stuff in season six.

"San Junipero is the only happy or positive episode , and he talking about a sequel.

Charlie Brooker talks prospect of 'San Junipero' sequel episode on 'Black Mirror' - NME

gag 13th September 2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 549985)
15 Million Credits also a firm favourite ....;)

I like that episode because it potrays Realism of how they don't really care about you , and are just using and abusing you to their advantage .