Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 8th August 2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 357321)
Still into my SHIELD marathon.

Just about done with series 5.

When friends stop by however have been giving CLONE WARS cartoon a try. Actually pretty good, far superior to the prequels with some decent writing and animation.

Also snagged AMERICAN HORROR STORY on blu very cheaply as well. I know this one had divided some horror fans but I really liked the first few episodes i've seen and look forward to watching more.

Totally agree on clone wars, think it had something to do with Lucas not having much involvement with it.

keirarts 8th August 2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 357341)
Totally agree on clone wars, think it had something to do with Lucas not having much involvement with it.

I can totally tell. It's the first time i've enjoyed Star wars in a LONG time.

napalm-in-the-morning 11th August 2013 03:23 PM

Defiance season 1. Really enjoying this. Recommended to fans of Farscape and Serenity. Pleased to see its been renewed for season two.

Dave Boy 11th August 2013 07:47 PM

Watching Hercules The Legendary Journeys and Xena Warrior Princess through again. :cool:

Demoncrat 12th August 2013 02:31 PM

Watched 1st seven episodes of True Blood 6. This may be the last series I watch, as it now seems to be "whatever wild nonsense we can come up with is cool".

Still Breaking Bad started on Sunday, so who gives a rat's ass.

Plus I did nothing but watch Green Wing on sunday. Still funny as feck. "Boyyyyyyce!!" love Mark Heap (you may know this already:lol:), but felt second series didn't hold up as much as the first.

Bringer Of Funerals 12th August 2013 03:11 PM

What's Lost like? I want to watch it now the hype has died down

trebor8273 12th August 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 358251)

It's ok but it dragged on a bit, I much preferred fringe and alias.

Watching cheers from the start

J Harker 12th August 2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 358251)

I thought the first two series were stunning television. Then it started to go a bit wobbly. Still essential tv in my opinion though.

trebor8273 14th August 2013 02:26 PM

Ducktales!
Ducktales Intro - YouTube

demonknight 14th August 2013 10:47 PM

Finished The Sopranos series two. Powerful stuff.
It is so addictive. Everything that was so good about
series one, has moved up a gear with this second series.
Finding it hard to get through my 'to watch pile' and it's
all down to David Chase and his magnificent creation.
Might take a break, finish series eleven of Married with Children
and come back and start series three of The Sopranos :)

keirarts 15th August 2013 06:51 AM

Onto the FINAL series of THE SHIELD. Cracking stuff. Looking forward to actually watching all the films I havent been :lol:

The series feels like a James Ellroy novel as i've said before and its entertaining watching everything fall into place in this seventh season.

Also been watching more American Horror Story with my mate on Tuesdays. Fantastic series, well crafted with some shocking and well played twists. Especially like how they fitted the Black Dahlia into an episode.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th August 2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 358899)
Onto the FINAL series of THE SHIELD. Cracking stuff. Looking forward to actually watching all the films I havent been :lol:

The series feels like a James Ellroy novel as i've said before and its entertaining watching everything fall into place in this seventh season.

You're going to love it! One of the best final few episodes of a tv that I've ever seen.

napalm-in-the-morning 15th August 2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 358922)
You're going to love it! One of the best final few episodes of a tv that I've ever seen.

One if my a time favourite viewing experiences. I miss the Shield and no television series has come close since. Going to try Southlands but not getting my hopes up.

trebor8273 16th August 2013 01:20 PM

Just finished first season of justified wasn't expecting much but this show surprised me, this I would say is down to the cast and scripts, Timothy Olyphant and Walter Googins are both amazing and the chemistry between them is great as each of their scenes together are fantastic. Based on novels of Elmore Leonard who is also one of the executive producers. Hope the other seasons are as good.

keirarts 17th August 2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 359220)
Just finished first season of justified wasn't expecting much but this show surprised me, this I would say is down to the cast and scripts, Timothy Olyphant and Walter Googins are both amazing and the chemistry between them is great as each of their scenes together are fantastic. Based on novels of Elmore Leonard who is also one of the executive producers. Hope the other seasons are as good.

Justified continues to maintain its high quality.

God bless Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowther. Between this and the Shield he's done some incredible work!

napalm-in-the-morning 17th August 2013 11:25 AM

I was right. Southlands is not The Shield :mad:

JoshuaKaitlyn 17th August 2013 11:44 AM

Dark Angel - S2
4400 - S2
Neither of which are especially great!

Susan Foreman 17th August 2013 05:50 PM

Taking a short break away from the bar, and have got BBC1 on

'That Puppet Game Show'!

Blimey - is this the best that the Beeb can come up with for prime-time on a Saturday evening?

DaveH 17th August 2013 11:33 PM

The Following (US) How has this gotten a second series? Every episode I was somehow able to sit through had me shaking my head in disbelief. It's like every character in the show came from stupidville.

keirarts 18th August 2013 05:54 AM

Finished the Shield.

Amazing series with a great ending. Not going to go into too much detail suffice to say it wrapped things up nicely.

trebor8273 19th August 2013 09:49 AM

Monty Python's Flying Circus Intro - YouTubeFor me one of the funniest shows ever made, still has me in stitches no matter how many times I've seen it.

Demoncrat 19th August 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 359593)
Taking a short break away from the bar, and have got BBC1 on

'That Puppet Game Show'!

Blimey - is this the best that the Beeb can come up with for prime-time on a Saturday evening?

True. Watched 1st one out of some nostalgic haze. Never again.:eek:

gag 19th August 2013 08:52 PM

Monsters on horror channel, heard so may things about this so decided to watch it, REALY REALY awful and not in a good way, some of the worst acting I've ever seen so bad couldnt even put it into words, REALY bad cheesy and corny story lines are terrible and I've seen better effects from wizard of oz which was at least 40 years before monsters, so bad words can't describe.

pedromonkey 21st August 2013 10:01 PM

Breaking Bad, possibly one of the best TV shows ever written.

Under The Dome, one of the silliest but endlessly watchable shows ever written.

Hawkmonger 2nd September 2013 10:16 PM

Still watching Attack on Titan. Episode 17. Daaaaaaamn fine!

trebor8273 2nd September 2013 10:53 PM

Anyone know which (if any) out of love film or Netflix have Star Trek series on them?

PaulD 2nd September 2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363132)
Anyone know which (if any) out of love film or Netflix have Star Trek series on them?

Nothing on UK Netflix but there's the original series, Voyager, Enterprise, Deep Space 9, TNG and the films on US netflix if you can access that with a browser plugin.

trebor8273 3rd September 2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 363136)
Nothing on UK Netflix but there's the original series, Voyager, Enterprise, Deep Space 9, TNG and the films on US netflix if you can access that with a browser plugin.

So after all this time the uk Netflix still sucks? Tried the trial it was pathetic has it improved any?

PaulD 3rd September 2013 09:18 AM

What TV have you seen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363144)
So after all this time the uk Netflix still sucks? Tried the trial it was pathetic has it improved any?

It's better than it used to be with a wider range i films but still pales in comparison to the US version. Thankfully the US one is easy to access on a pc with a browser plugin for Firefox or Chrome.

trebor8273 3rd September 2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 363148)
It's better than it used to be with a wider range i films but still pales in comparison to the US version. Thankfully the US one is easy to access on a pc with a browser plugin for Firefox or Chrome.

Can you access it on a ipad?

PaulD 3rd September 2013 10:22 AM

What TV have you seen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363150)
Can you access it on a ipad?

I wouldn't have thought so to be honest given Apple's OS

SCM 3rd September 2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363132)

Lovefilm has the original series and voyager

J Harker 3rd September 2013 10:32 AM

There's an app for android devices that allows you to access the US Netflix. I actually think the UK version is pretty good. A hell of a lot better than Lovefilm Instant which was dire.

trebor8273 3rd September 2013 12:46 PM

got it working for usa net-flex on ipad using unblock usa but i thought it was not working, but silly yanks cant tell the difference between a colon and a comma. needed to put a colon and not a comma as they say on the site!

Edit

Watching the Rockford files

Rik 3rd September 2013 01:06 PM

Just finished watching Episode 11 of Under the Dome, it's so different to King's book now that it barely resembles it, which is no bad thing in this case as I'm finding it really enjoyable

PaulD 3rd September 2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 363218)
got it working for usa net-flex on ipad using unblock usa but i thought it was not working, but silly yanks cant tell the difference between a colon and a comma. needed to put a colon and not a comma as they say on the site!

Edit

Watching the Rockford files

Ah nice one!

trebor8273 3rd September 2013 01:26 PM

Think I will keep netflex staggering amount of content on the American site, at 5.99 on month it could even end up saving me money

Rik 5th September 2013 09:01 PM

Educating Yorkshire on Channel 4, a program about a school not too far away from me (my old company actually did some electrical work there a few years ago) in Dewsbury, brilliant stuff

Bringer Of Funerals 6th September 2013 08:02 PM

Celeb Big Brother - don't want the Geordie lass to win

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th September 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 364092)
Celeb Big Brother - don't want the Geordie lass to win

But she's s good farter!