Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2015, 06:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Re-watching "The Sopranos", American Horror Story, the latest series and I recently watched a great documentary on missing flight, Malaysian flight MH370.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 28th January 2015, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blakes 7. Love the show but dear god I hate Blake just so annoying, unlikeable and boring. That God for Avon and villa.
Old 30th January 2015, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As well as watching Blakes 7, classic doctor who also watching supernatural and castle both which I'm really enjoying
Old 31st January 2015, 03:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Fortitude last night. It's pretty decent. Doesn't reinvent the wheel but does everything pretty well. It's a bit like a gritty take on Twin Peaks, and filtered through Nordic noir.

Interestingly enough, it appeared to be presented in Univisium (2.00:1). And it looked really nice. But don't get too ahead of yourself Vittorio Storaro. It looks nice because it was intended for 2.00:1, not butchered afterwards because the cinematographer was on an ego trip.
J Harker likes this.
Old 31st January 2015, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict

Me and the missus watched that last too Mac, i really enjoyed it. Unusual setting and mix of actors.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 1st February 2015, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Grimm while not the greatest show have been really enjoying this mix of police procedure show and Grimm fairy tales
Old 1st February 2015, 07:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Me and the missus watched that last too Mac, i really enjoyed it. Unusual setting and mix of actors.
Forgot to ask you earlier - what did you make of the pig in the tank?
Old 1st February 2015, 08:53 PM
Cult Addict

Bizarre. Around then I'd just stepped into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. When i went out it she was with her son and i came back to her watching a pig! I like the way the whole thing hinted at there being something a bit wierder beneath the surface.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Bizarre. Around then I'd just stepped into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. When i went out it she was with her son and i came back to her watching a pig! I like the way the whole thing hinted at there being something a bit wierder beneath the surface.
It feels like something that could have a rational explanation but it was unsettling just to see it. I'm guessing that's the metaphor - progress has its horrific secrets (i.e. the town's future economy).
Old 1st February 2015, 10:19 PM
Active Cultist

Intervention

Pawn Stars

Like this? Share it using the links below!