Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2015, 06:15 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Togashi isn't dead, just suffering from a lot of back problems (and apparently having a metal rob implanted soon, making drawing very hard for him) and taking frequent, long hiatuses. Many people think this is smoke and mirrors but they're mostly twats so screw them.

I do hope he concludes HXH though, it's just superb.
Thank god for that! Glad it turned out to be rumours.

They will need to let him get well into the manga before resuming the show. One of the real great things about Hunter x Hunter is that occasional clips episodes aside there is no filler which really sets it apart from a lot of shows that need the filler material when they catch up to the manga.
Full metal alchemist (original series) and D-grey man both significantly altered the plot and ended up with entirely different plot lines as a result. I still think anime companies need to do what they're doing with ATTACK ON TITAN and NIGHTS OF SIDONIA and do a series then wait a while before doing another to ensure the manga is well ahead....

Anyway, finished TWIN PEAKS the show, now on to FIRE WALK WITH ME and the extras disc.
Old 10th April 2015, 09:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Daredevil is up on Netflix so will be watching that later
Old 10th April 2015, 10:27 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Daredevil is up on Netflix so will be watching that later
13 episodes, the kids will have to fend for themselves today as I watch it all!
Old 10th April 2015, 12:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm five episodes into Bates Motel (2013).

Whilst good it's all a far cry away from Robert Bloch's source novel Psycho. Seemingly coming over as a cross between Twin Peaks and [B]Desperate Housewives, with a dash of Sons of Anarchy for good luck.

Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are very good as Norma and Norman Bates even though i do feel the characterization is a tad inconsistent. However time will tell.

The story is engaging and keeps you wanting more and the addition of Norman's half brother Max adds a bit more depth and different plotting to proceedings taking events out of the Bates household and into the local town where things are not quite as idyllic as they first seem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bates-motel-season-1-poster.jpg (96.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10th April 2015, 04:51 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched the first two episodes of Daredevil, a bit slow but the back story is nicely placed through the show. The fight scenes have a good level of brutality to them. It would appear that overall Marvel have looked to recent DC shows for inspiration rather than their own recent cinema output.
Old 10th April 2015, 05:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Just watched the first two episodes of Daredevil, a bit slow but the back story is nicely placed through the show. The fight scenes have a good level of brutality to them. It would appear that overall Marvel have looked to recent DC shows for inspiration rather than their own recent cinema output.
Total agree just finished the first episode looking forward to watching the rest. Dc really need really need to get the same level for there films as they do with there tv then they might give marvel a run for there money
Old 10th April 2015, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict

Just thought i'd say that they're showing episodes of Hammer House of Horror on the Horror Channel tonight. A great series.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 10th April 2015, 10:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Total agree just finished the first episode looking forward to watching the rest. Dc really need really need to get the same level for there films as they do with there tv then they might give marvel a run for there money
8 episodes in, really enjoying it. It gets fantastically violent as it goes on.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 11th April 2015, 11:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Post your thoughts when you've read it, it would be good to hear other peoples' view on it.
I will do. I plan to make a note and take a wander up to our local, amazing, second-hand book store as I'm also on the look out for a copy of The Bride Wore Black.

I spoke to James about it, they had covered The Weirdstone of Brisingamen in school and were encouraged to read other Alan Garner books.

I can barely remember what we covered in school apart from The Hobbit when I was about 8. oh and Talking in Whispers later on. This is really annoying me now that I can't remember what else we covered. I remember watching Freaky Friday a lot, and Geordie Racer which I love.

One physics lesson we watched and episode of Steptoe and Son
Old 11th April 2015, 12:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just started the third series of Shadows, is it me or were tv series for children a lot more interesting than it is today? Proper stories, spooky plots, it doesn't feel like I'm watching kids tv at all.

Like this? Share it using the links below!